Legit tough guys/girls

Arthur B. Funky

Most Samoans or 'Island guys' are seen as tough or atleast have that aura, current era I'd say Roman Reigns could be solid, an ex football player, big guy, seems too proud to walk away from a fight, and ofcourse Samoan.

Some of the old school tough guys were probably a mix of beer and bravado that were dumb enough to fight anyone, others I'm sure were legit.

Harley Race gets respect from his peers as tough.

On the flip side I'd say in a real fight John Cena would be as coordinated as Vince McMahon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Cena would be shit in a real fight. Every punch would be 10 inches to the left of where lever it is meant to land. If he tried putting someone in a headlock they'd probably just be able to slide out of it because he doesn't understand how to apply pressure

He's not considered a hard man but I always figured Shelton Benjamin could have been a big MMA star if he took it up in 2002 when there was no money in that sport.

All American wrestler, Brock Lesners wrestling coach and a tremendous athlete, a All American Track star, so he has fast twitch muscles as well.

The only time I heard him involved in an argument was when the Guerreros were moaning at Charlie Haas for getting a spot wrong and he had a word and the whole thing got squashed as the guys from PWInsider said you don't want to mess with him.

• Paid Members

I once had a glass of pernod, ouzo, marmalade and salt with Whipper Billy Watson, and he told me Strangler Lewis was the toughest, back in the day.

Didn't Nash spark Samoa Joe out after a TNA PPV or am I imagining things? Also Angle would generally take you down and maul you and you probably couldn't do a thing about it.

Angle? The guy who got tied up by Daniel Puder in the closest thing to a fight he's had in the past 15 years? Kurt is lucky to be walking around, he shouldn't be shooting with anyone

• Paid Members

I love legit wrestler tough guy stories, it's one of those few areas of the business where an element of kayfabe still exists in a strange way.

But yes, the answer to the question is Haku.

Daniel Bryan is someone who probably wouldn't last long in a fight. That's not me trying to knock him but there was this one episode of Total Divas where he didn't even have the strength to axe some wood in half. Cena on the other hand did it with ease. 

Didn't he take down some bloke who was burgling his house last year and hold him in a rear naked choke until the cops arrived?

I can't see how people can say Lesnar, are we talking a regulated scrap here like say UFC, or a straight up street fight??

Lesnar cannot handle getting punched, we saw that in legit fighting, he actually turns his back and turtles up when he's being hit, he's like a little girl when he faces adversity, if not for Shane Carwin having the gas tank of a 90 year old man he would have been stomped inside 3 minutes. In a street fight aint nobody telling me somebody like Harley Race or Haku wouldn't smash the piss out of Lesnar, he PLAYS a great tough guy and is no doubt a legit Wrestler, but in many respects he is a pussy, a stereotypical bully, Haku would just start gouging his eyes or bite him or smack him with a bar stool and he'd melt.

Archived