Legit tough guys/girls

Arthur B. Funky

IN the past few years I've heard ALL sorts about the legit hard guys/girls of the biz, & I've worked with several so I can quantifiably say they're the shit-kickers, but ... who have YOU heard about, & have their reputations been proven?

For reference ... I'm a former ref, ring announcer & award-winning broadcaster.

My favourite, & the man who was a personal friend ... Lou Thesz ... end of.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wade Barrett told me he was an underground bare knuckle boxer and once stabbed someone for stealing his winnings of a tournament in Prague

Those "famous" tournaments like when Patterson won the Intercontinental title after winning a gruelling tournament in Rio de Janeiro.

• Paid Members

Isn't the answer to this Haku?

Haku's reputation was like the local nutter that you read about in the paper who can provide examples of how mental he is, because he stapped a cat or something. He rips off noses and takes out eyes and stuff. Obviously he's not someone most wrestlers want to fight, but if Haku and Brock fought in each of their primes, Brock would murder him. I imagine Bad News Allan would have as well. Bischoff wanted Haku to fight for the UFC in 1994, but Haku went "bollocks to that." Haku's a mentalist, but if you got a proper fighter to step out side, he might not get the chance to rip anyones nose off.

Finlay had a similar rep to Haku, but Finlay can also tie you in knots. I wouldnt want to fight Finlay. He'd break your numbs and headbutt you.

EDIT: Actually, I say I "wouldnt want to fight Finlay", I should clarify, I wouldnt want to fight Dink the Clown either. They'd all knock the shite out of me. Apart from the Miz of course. We're all harder than the Miz.

• Paid Members

The Steiners were supposed to be proper hardcases, weren't they? I don't know if any wrestlers ever really tried to put either Rick or Scott to the test* but two strong as fuck amateur wrestlers and neither seemed quite the full shilling - that's quite a dangerous combination.

Rick Rude and Paul Orndorff always come up in these threads as well.

* I know there was that Scott Steiner-DDP backstage thing but Scott mauling DDP about doesn't say much, does it? DDP seems about as threatening as Ned Flanders.

The Steiners were supposed to be proper hardcases, weren't they? I don't know if any wrestlers ever really tried to put either Rick or Scott to the test* but two strong as fuck amateur wrestlers and neither seemed quite the full shilling - that's quite a dangerous combination.

Rick Rude and Paul Orndorff always come up in these threads as well.

* I know there was that Scott Steiner-DDP backstage thing but Scott mauling DDP about doesn't say much, does it? DDP seems about as threatening as Ned Flanders.

Seem to remember DDP had give the security lads a heads up he was going to start on Steiner so he must've known what was coming

Haku's reputation was like the local nutter that you read about in the paper who can provide examples of how mental he is, because he stapped a cat or something. He rips off noses and takes out eyes and stuff. Obviously he's not someone most wrestlers want to fight, but if Haku and Brock fought in each of their primes, Brock would murder him. I imagine Bad News Allan would have as well. Bischoff wanted Haku to fight for the UFC in 1994, but Haku went "bollocks to that." Haku's a mentalist, but if you got a proper fighter to step out side, he might not get the chance to rip anyones nose off.

Finlay had a similar rep to Haku, but Finlay can also tie you in knots. I wouldnt want to fight Finlay. He'd break your numbs and headbutt you.

EDIT: Actually, I say I "wouldnt want to fight Finlay", I should clarify, I wouldnt want to fight Dink the Clown either. They'd all knock the shite out of me. Apart from the Miz of course. We're all harder than the Miz.

Haku is a crazy fucker too :)  Experience has shown me that. :)  Finlay ... well, he's a hard bastard & no mistakin' ... Regal is a hard mother-fucker too.

Miz??  Lazy little cunt ...

Haku is a crazy fucker too :)  Experience has shown me that. :)  Finlay ... well, he's a hard bastard & no mistakin' ... Regal is a hard mother-fucker too.

Wade Barrett told me he was an underground bare knuckle boxer and once stabbed someone for stealing his winnings of a tournament in Prague

Those "famous" tournaments like when Patterson won the Intercontinental title after winning a gruelling tournament in Rio de Janeiro.

Funny you mentioned that since I was watching that one on the YouTube yesterday

• Paid Members

My favourite, & the man who was a personal friend ... Lou Thesz ... end of.

My personal friend was Frank Gotch, I think he was tougher. If we would run into trouble whilst out on the lash he'd always keep the rowdies at bay, but only after he soaked himself in oil first.

Archived