Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

• Paid Members

If you've got access to a US DNS service (for example, unblock.us) and an Android Box, you can still use all the services. Just put the DNS numbers in. Works here to get around the Sky Broadband blocks.

Don't think I'd want to install "The Beast" on the Fire Stick though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I've been running 'The Beast' on a Firestick for a while & it's been fine for most part. Some dead streams & some of the add-ons don't work (ModBro) but there's so much on there it's barely noticeable.

Is there anywhere on there that streams WWE PPV's & TV on demand?

• Paid Members

I use silencerom on firestick kodi downstairs and andy's build on firestick kodi upstairs. Both run fine.

Genesis for tv shows is the best. I've got it synced to trakt and both devices synced up so if I watch an episode on one device it marks it as watched on the other and vice versa.

Pitcos, I installed The Beast on my Fire Stick earlier today. It buffered a lot when I was trying to watch BT Sport but everything else worked OK.

Genesis and Phoenix are the two best apps for movies, live TV and sports though I reckon.

Well I ended up getting rid of The Beast last night, it was making everything run too slow - I'd be waiting a good 5 minutes to get a basic Netflix stream up and running.

I'm back with Genesis and Phoenix and it runs like a dream again.  I've finally got to grips with Navi-X too and, while I'm not fussed on the layout, the amount of content is astounding.  I downloaded USTV Now last night too which works well if you want basic US TV channels.

• Paid Members

Picked up a Fire Stick for £25 yesterday. I'm having more success using Kodi through it than I did the quad core MXQ Android box I had a few months back for £70.

Still having problems getting a few of the streams to work (Navi X/ Genesis) and Mobdro just flat out refuses to work at all.

No way can this replace SKY TV, but it's worth having  as a side for a flat cost of £25 and an hours Googling.

Edited by Silky Kisser

I finally managed to sort Kodi on my Firestick and put Theblackbox build on it. Quite impressed with it -- a million options and half of them don't work, and there seems to be a bit of a learning curve in terms of figuring out how to use it, but it's definitely good. I've even bought a couple more Firesticks today that I'm gonna load up and give as Christmas presents. In time, I'd like to do a more refined, reliable build just with the add-ons that work well but from what I'm reading, the add-ons always change and become obsolete anyway.

• Paid Members

Just realised the WWE Network is available on the Fire Stick too. Brilliant as it'll save me using the Xbox 360 which sounds like a motorbike starting up.

Can also connect to YouTube and control through my phone too, so it leaves my Chromecast pretty obsolete.

• Paid Members

finding far too many dead links on the beast, spend ages trying to find a footy match!

SiMania, whats best for sports?

I don't usually watch sport on it as I get sky and bt through satellite but when I'm kicked upstairs I use operation robocop or dexter tv.