UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Win or lose, do you think McGregor will stick about as a featherweight? If he loses, going up a division creates plenty of fresh scenarios for him to thrive off of. Even if he wins, there is only really Edgar for him to face, as a fresh match up people will be into (and Edgar has to get past Mendes first).

I think the only thing that will soothe a McGregor loss is a potential Cerrone fight.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If Conor loses then I think the Urijah fight is a must. Their bickering on The Ultimate Fighter has been so good and they've done such a spectacular job of building up a fight between each other that it seems a genuine waste to not do it.

• Paid Members

If Conor loses I think a lot will depend on how he loses. Say it's a five round war and Aldo barely squeaks a decision, or Aldo wins a controversial decision or something, they could easily go straight into an immediate rematch. It'd suck a big sweaty smelly scrotum for Frankie Edgar if he beats Mendes and still doesn't get the title shot but you know they'd go with Aldo vs McGregor 2 over all other options if the fight is a super close, Jones vs Gustafsson type fight.

If Aldo smashed McGregor, or won a clear and lopsided decision, then I could definitely see McGregor just moving up to 155 and his loss to Aldo will be chalked up to him struggling to make 145.

If he loses to Aldo, I think the Faber fight would be a great option for his rebound fight. Because it's a fight he's most likely winning and they've already got loads of hype footage. So Faber first. Then if he moves up to lightweight I'd like to see the Joe Duffy rematch right away. Fuck it. By that time hopefully Duffy will have beaten Poirier and maybe someone else. McGregor vs Duffy 2, in Ireland, would be awesome. Then if he wins that, McGregor vs Cerrone. Or McGregor vs Pettis. Fuck me, McGregor at lightweight will throw up some incredible fights.

I just want you to know you're all complete bastards.

I've never been more excited about a fight than this, and now it turns out between a combination of the RICOH fucking us around so we move event dates, and Aldo pulling out of the first fight, that I now have to work the biggest event our company have done so far on this weekend. Which means absolutely zero chance of seeing this live, and there's too many UFC lovers at the thing for me to avoid spoilers.

I might be the only person in the entire world celebrating if this gets postponed for some reason. Not for too long, but just long enough that I can see it live.

• Paid Members

To reassure MOM, Don't worry everything is fine!

The UFC's videos have started.

Firstly the UFC Extended preview:-

Then the GO BIG preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1i_GZoLgo

Mays well put in the Go Big Weidman/Rockhold preview too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyH8dduBNU

This is now like a bloody advent calendar to me. Dec 1st, and I'm now counting down the days. May's well chuck in a chocolate to celebrate it being one day closer. 

• Paid Members

Love that interview with John Kavanagh on the previous page. He always comes across as a very zen, supercool guy.

If you haven't seen it, watch conor McGregor on the brink from ufc 189. You truly see just how calm Kavanagh is.

During the mendes fight there's a camera set on both fight camps. On one side you have Mendes' camp jumping up and down losing their shit, on the other Kavanagh looking like the coolest man on the planet, even smiling during stressful points of the fight.

He has complete faith and belief in McGregor but also knows his calmness passes onto his fighter.

He's also just a fucking really nice guy.

• Paid Members

All that lamby, and he breaks out the red panties...

KYh2w.jpg

Kavanagh is great. He's like an Irish John Danaher, minus the shocking bald patch and creepiness. Although, admittedly, he looks a right sex pest in that picture.

• Paid Members

Short video feature on John Kavanagh. He does seem like one of the coolest, nicest, most interesting men on the planet. He always comes across spectacularly on Ariel's MMA Hour, too. He and Conor make a fascinating combination.

• Paid Members

Kavanagh seems really close with all the SBG fighters as well. Conor in particular. I think for the vast majority of camps, most fighter/coach relationships are purely a business/financial thing. Camps like Greg Jackson's, ATT, Blackzilians etc. They all seem like a pure business. Nothing wrong with that. But it's rare you see a camp that seems so genuinely tight-knit as SBG do with Kavanagh. Fighter/coach relationships like McGregor and Kavanagh are pretty rare in combat sports. Every now and then they happen and you can't imagine the fighter without the trainer. They're like the Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach of MMA.

Edit - Matt Serra and Ray Longo are another example.

Archived