UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Sample quote from Uriah Faber on their fight:

"He actually hit me with a jump knee, which — I didn’t feel it until later, but if you watch the fight he hit a jump knee that hit me right in the sternum. It knocked me down for a second then I stood right back up like nothing happened. But after my leg stopped hurting about four weeks after, then my sternum hurt for, like, [/size]almost two years. I’m not even sure what happened."[/size]

McGregor has done such a brilliant job convincing me he'll win you sometimes forget what a badass Aldo is. I can't wait!

Have you ever seen the pictures of Faber's leg after Aldo got through with him? Look at the state of it;

Tf3Bw.jpg

V2Amu.jpg

xA7.jpg

Just brutal. I actually felt sorry for Faber during that fight. Poor cunt couldn't get anything going and he just got blitzed for five rounds. I remember people criticising Aldo for not finishing that fight but I actually thought it was one of his best and most complete performances at the time. Faber was younger and in top form back then despite the losses to Mike Brown, he was still a force. And Aldo just destroyed him and dominated the fight everywhere. Schooled him on the feet, busted up his legs and body, when it went to the ground he did what he wanted. Completely bossed the fight.

That was also the first time Aldo walked out to 'Run This Town' by Jay Z and Rihanna. Now it's just his regular walkout tune but it was a bit of a gangsta move that night because he was in Faber's hometown. Faber pretty much got taken apart in his own house. At least he never had far to limp home, I suppose. Every cloud.

Cool Aldo 'Seven Nation Army' highlight;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=6gulrxLF5lE

DUN DUN D-D-D DUUUN DUUUN

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

"I broke both hands. My weapons were gone". Brown vs Faber 2 was a great fight. I'll have to bust WEC 41 out again soon. To this day that's one of my favourite MMA shows ever along with UFC 189, Pride Bushido 9, Strikeforce Evolution etc.

Yeah, Faber broke both hands against Brown so started throwing elbows like fuck. Faber's granite. It's easy to forget because he looks like a Home & Away extra but Faber's deceptively tough. A lot of fighters would've found a way out after a few rounds of the Aldo fight. The first Barao fight wasn't much better for Faber either actually.

Have to keep reminding myself that we've got fucking Weidman vs Rockhold and Jacare vs Romero on this card as well! When the main event is totally overshadowing fights like that to the point no-one's even talking about them, you know it's a big fight.

• Paid Members

I'm touching every piece of wood that I can find right now, but christ, we are now less than 2 weeks to this fight. At least we've got closer than 189 before Aldo's withdrawal.

I expect the UFC to get into full promo mode from this week onwards. What a week we are in for NEXT WEEK. 

• Paid Members

I finally got around to reading that article Guy posted on the previous page, "The Night We Faced Aldo," and it's absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended. The amount of research and investigation that's clearly gone into it is super impressive. Managing to get quotes from nearly everyone Aldo has faced in the UFC, it's a really special piece.

Plus, the artwork throughout is brilliant. For anyone who didn't read it, here's just a couple of samples.

TheNightWeFacedAldo_McGregor2.jpg

TheNightWeFacedAldo_Aldo.jpg

TheNightWeFacedAldo_McGregor.jpg

Awesome stuff. I can't believe we're only two weeks away. I can't wait for the promotion to start up in the upcoming days. Do you think we'll get that "Bad Blood" show they alluded to before UFC 189?

I can't fucking wait.

Can we all agree to put a header of "Don't worry everything is fine!" before all posts from now on. Ha.

UFC don't seem to have done half the amount of promotion as was going on a couple of weeks before the fight last time. Hope they don't think it just sells itself and instead go balls the wall with it from now on. They should be plastering posters/ads all over UK (and Irish) TV/Newspapers/billboards.

In the past two weeks I've seen more promo for this London as of yet fightless fight night show than I've seen for one of their biggest fights ever.

• Paid Members

I wonder if Conor or his team specifically requested more time to train and less time flying around the country promoting the fight. I know he only left Dublin last week, as opposed to spending his whole camp in Vegas. I suspect it'll reach fever pitch once they start putting microphones in front of his face, but it definitely feels like he's been given more time than usual to actually prepare for the fight rather than sell it.

• Paid Members

Do you think we'll get that "Bad Blood" show they alluded to before UFC 189?

I'm almost certain we will. Dana was saying before that the Bad Blood specials cost them a lot of money to produce, so they won't want to have wasted the money they've already spent on the filming before 189. Then all they've got to do is add to it with everything post-Aldo pullout last time, then Conor's win against Mendes and whatever else they've got in the can. With everything that's happened since Aldo got injured last time, the Bad Blood show will be even more amazing now than the version we were going to get in July.

UFC don't seem to have done half the amount of promotion as was going on a couple of weeks before the fight last time. Hope they don't think it just sells itself and instead go balls the wall with it from now on. They should be plastering posters/ads all over UK (and Irish) TV/Newspapers/billboards.

In the past two weeks I've seen more promo for this London as of yet fightless fight night show than I've seen for one of their biggest fights ever.

I think a lot of that might be because of Thanksgiving this past week. I'm expecting the hype machine to pick up steam from this week on, then next week will be all guns blazing.

• Paid Members

Is it possible to buy PPVs and watch them live via Fight Pass in England? Not a Fight Pass subscription, just a one-off event.

I know it's possible in general terms, but I can't get a clear answer about English black out on UFC.com. It makes it sound like it is blacked out, but I just want to double check.

Archived