5 star wrestling AJ styles vs rey mysterio January 2016

wrestleuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We recently had the chance to speak with the owner of 5 Star Wrestling, Dan Hinkles, to try and answer how and why this incredibly ambitious tour came to be. One of the main takeaways from our chat was this quote:

"Just think about what the independent scene would look like if we could do this on a semi-regular basis, every few months maybe. Sort of how the WWE has the Big Four. We could maybe pull something like that together, where this is at that level. We're already looking at what the next shows need to be, so this could be something cool, it could even be a lot bigger than that too."

So with more shows potentially in the pipeline, I'm stoked to see how this comes off. You can check out the full article here.

• Paid Members

Good Interview.

At the same time, it was expensive but our video game that's coming out in early 2016, we've spent £1.5 million on that thing. So these shows are a fraction of what our game development budgets are.

When we said before we even launched the shows, if nobody buys tickets and we just get the footage and we just get all the other cool stuff out of it that we're getting, then we're already winning. So from a business point of view, it was already profitable in our minds. We didn't care about the money as much. But we're not stupid either and we know that these are great events. And if we can make the money back, then we can keep doing it and doing it and doing it. And truth be told, we're probably going to keep doing it. Tickets have been flying, things are going really well.

Not sure how much I believe them about the tickets flying but overall it sounds like these shows really will happen and there's money to burn, whether that's a sound buisiness model or not.

I just wish they could publicly address the issue of the main event the entire tour is being promoted around and how likely it is that it will still take place given both Mysterio and Styles are out injured right now. They addressed the Nick Aldis injury, but haven't said a word about the other injuries.

I just wish they could publicly address the issue of the main event the entire tour is being promoted around and how likely it is that it will still take place given both Mysterio and Styles are out injured right now. They addressed the Nick Aldis injury, but haven't said a word about the other injuries.

They replied to a Facebook comment RE: Mysterio that his management haven't gien any indication he's out of the shows. AJ is still billed for the Nakamura match at Wrestle Kingdom as well.

They replied to a Facebook comment RE: Mysterio that his management haven't gien any indication he's out of the shows. AJ is still billed for the Nakamura match at Wrestle Kingdom as well.

That's good news at least. Would be a terrible sttart for them, their fault or not, if they lost that main event or either of those 2 headliners. So hopefully it comes off.

12391444_10153730508926203_2781180056196

5 Star Wrestling - Newcastle

Date: 13th January 2016 Doors: 6:30pm

Location: Newcastle Metro Arena, Arena Way, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7NA

THIS IS GOING TO BE A TRULY HISTORIC NIGHT. The greatest high flyer of all time: Rey Mysterio, will face off against the Ring of Honor World Champion: Jay Lethal, for the first time ever.

Matches Already Announced:

AJ Styles vs John Morrison

Rey Mysterio vs Jay Lethal

PJ Black vs Colt Cabana

Also Set To Appear:

Carlito

Rockstar Spud

Nick Aldis (Magnus)

Grado

Zack Sabre Jr

Will Ospreay

Jimmy Havoc

Marty Scurll

Joe Coffey

Big Damo

Kid Fite

Lou King Sharp

Please note that the event lineup is subject to change

Tickets Available at www.ringsideworld.co.uk : http://www.ringsideworld.co.uk/event725_5-star-wrestling-newcastle.php#

12347779_10153730508686203_1164290686355

5 Star Wrestling - Sheffield

Date: 14th January 2016 Doors: 6:30pm

This is it, after years of waiting, for the first time ever, now is your chance to witness history.

The greatest high flyer of all time: Rey Mysterio, goes one-on-one with AJ Styles, the best wrestler on the planet today.

This is a dream match never seen before!

This wrestling show is absolutely the biggest and best ever produced by a British company.

Matches Already Announced:

AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio 

Also Set To Appear:

John Morrison

Jay Lethal

Colt Cabana

PJ Black

Carlito

Rockstar Spud

Nick Aldis (Magnus)

Grado

Zack Sabre Jr

Will Ospreay

Jimmy Havoc

Marty Scurll

Joe Coffey

Big Damo

Kid Fite

Lou King Sharp

Buy your tickets online at www.ringsideworld.co.uk : http://www.ringsideworld.co.uk/event727_5-star-wrestling-sheffield.php#

12321533_10153730512966203_7265388005335

5 Star Wrestling - Liverpool

Date: 15th January 2016 Doors: 6:30pm

Location: Echo Arena Liverpool, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool, L3 4FP

Zack Sabre Jr

Will Ospreay

Jimmy Havoc

Marty Scurll

Joe Coffey

Big Damo

Kid Fite

Lou King Sharp

Buy your tickets at www.ringsideworld.co.uk : http://www.ringsideworld.co.uk/event728_5-star-wrestling-liverpool.php#

That may be the list for Liverpool:

Card:

John Morrison vs. P.J. Black

Line up:

Colt Cabana, PJ Black (WWE's Justin Gabriel), Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles, Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Champion: Jay Lethal, Lucha Underground star John Hennigan (Morrison, WWE), former WWE United States Champion Carlito, Global Force Champion Nick Aldis (Magnus, TNA), Will Ospreay, Joe Coffey, Marty Scurll, Grado, Big Damo, Kid Fite, Rockstar Spud, Lou King Sharp, Zack Sabre Jr, Jimmy Havoc

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone spotted any hints relating to free tickets for these shows yet? I know with their Edinburgh show last year they were giving tickets away to anyone that wanted them.

There's nothing here that I would ever pay to see, but if it's going free I might be convinced to pop along to Sheffield or Newcastle.

May ticket it on the last day to make pictures of it look good. Sheffield has 25% off cheap seats, the ticket site gives the impression that most of the arena will be closed so it may be ok. I am still curious to see how these shows go. If it breaks even then it works well as an advertisement for a game. However a big problem is they have given lots of names but only five confirmed matches. I hope there are people on here that will give a rough estimate.

Is anyone going to this? The Newcastle show is tonight I can't attend as I'm working but looking on the arena website tickets are still available for 4th row on the floor and barely any of the tiered seating has sold having attended many shows at the Newcastle arena (WCW, WWF, WWA the arena was usually a sellout or close too even the WWA Show with little to no exposure pretty much filled the arena so I must say I'm surprised it's not sold a little better however the last time I attended a WWF Show as such was the insurextion Ppv so I've no idea how the more recent house shows have faired although having been dragged to the recent NXT show by some friends recently the Arena wasn't even half full with most areas taped off so something is a miss the UK scene was once seen as starved but maybe it's now as saturated as the USA market

Christ that is not good news.

If that is the case these shows will hemerage money, The venue rental and imported star's fees alone will be in double figure thousands. I hope that the do suceed, I will check back for a synopsis of the show later

Archived