5 star wrestling AJ styles vs rey mysterio January 2016

wrestleuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I must say I'm surprised it's not sold a little better however the last time I attended a WWF Show as such was the insurextion Ppv so I've no idea how the more recent house shows have faired although having been dragged to the recent NXT show by some friends recently the Arena wasn't even half full with most areas taped off so something is a miss the UK scene was once seen as starved but maybe it's now as saturated as the USA market

Why are you surprised? From what I gather, there has been little to no promotion for these shows. You can't book a big venue and expect the magic to happen, it's a hard graft to get the numbers through the door.

As for the UK scene being saturated, I was under the impression this is the healthiest it's been in a long time. Some promotions are achieving record attendances.

• Paid Members

It’s unfair to compare this show to the WWA shows. The WWA shows happened at the tail end of a hot period, and did have promotion behind it (I remember seeing an advert for it in a newspaper and begging my parents to take me because it featured Sting).

Back on topic, there was an interview going around with one of the organisers and from the sounds of it this was never intended to be a money-making bunch of shows. I get the impression they just wanted events to get footage of their game’s roster. An expensive way to go about it, and a shame they couldn’t have put a bit more effort into advertising to draw the best crowd they could as I’ve seen no advertising in or around Newcastle.

Sounds like an absolute joke and with there being so many reputable promotions around the UK just now it's a shame that stuff like this is allowed to float.

If they really wanted to promote the game they should have done this in conjunction with an established company. Sponsored the show or something. Just wanting to play money mark promoter when in reality they are video game designers and nothing more.

Would hope to god there are no issues with money when it comes to paying these guys otherwise that's just another setback for the hard working promoters and wrestlers who have given the scene a bit of credibility since the 1PW days.

Sounds like an absolute joke and with there being so many reputable promotions around the UK just now it's a shame that stuff like this is allowed to float.

If they really wanted to promote the game they should have done this in conjunction with an established company. Sponsored the show or something. Just wanting to play money mark promoter when in reality they are video game designers and nothing more.

Would hope to god there are no issues with money when it comes to paying these guys otherwise that's just another setback for the hard working promoters and wrestlers who have given the scene a bit of credibility since the 1PW days.

Thing is, they ARE doing this! If you look at the Rev Pro match graphics, the game logo is on there. Which is a pretty sensible way to go, the Rev Pro audience is likely a strong one for them. Why do they need to run the shows as well? You've likely hit the nail on the head...

Thing is, they ARE doing this! If you look at the Rev Pro match graphics, the game logo is on there. Which is a pretty sensible way to go, the Rev Pro audience is likely a strong one for them. Why do they need to run the shows as well? You've likely hit the nail on the head...

I had seen this before so was shocked the RPW show the day after did not have more people from the 5 star tour.However when you look at it they would have been better off if they organised shows with 3 promotions for Fri-Sun to use 1-2000 venues and 5 star sponsor by paying for Rey. Would of cost a lot less I imagine. There must be promotions such as PCW or 4FW who would of agreed. 

Archived