5 star wrestling AJ styles vs rey mysterio January 2016

wrestleuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My marketing hunch is telling me that the posters should be 75% Rey Mysterio. So much dead space on those flyers. The 5* logos take up as much space as the image of Mysterio. He'll sell more tickets than the other 3 combined.

These events are as much about promoting and selling their upcoming game as they are about anything else, so it makes sense they want to be pushing the brand as much as anything else. The same can be said for the guys getting the good spots on the card. Mysterio is already announced for the game, so i imagine others on the card will be announced for the game shortly. So putting the names from the game in prominant positions makes sense from a marketing stand point. It's all very odd though, as they have only promoted one low level event before now. I got myticket because i don't have anything to lose by doing so, if it goes belly up i'll be refunded quickly and easily, due to the venue taking care of the ticketing rather than the promoters.

My marketing hunch is telling me that the posters should be 75% Rey Mysterio. So much dead space on those flyers. The 5* logos take up as much space as the image of Mysterio. He'll sell more tickets than the other 3 combined.

These events are as much about promoting and selling their upcoming game as they are about anything else, so it makes sense they want to be pushing the brand as much as anything else. The same can be said for the guys getting the good spots on the card. Mysterio is already announced for the game, so i imagine others on the card will be announced for the game shortly. So putting the names from the game in prominant positions makes sense from a marketing stand point. It's all very odd though, as they have only promoted one low level event before now. I got myticket because i don't have anything to lose by doing so, if it goes belly up i'll be refunded quickly and easily, due to the venue taking care of the ticketing rather than the promoters.

It is known that this is promotional, and could be it for the promotion after this. Even if the other guys are on the game you can still advertise AJ, Jay Lethal and Morrison on them but still have Rey as the main person on the poster. Him in the middle under the game/promotion badge and the others surround him. His face is recognisable by every fan and the others are not.

Very true. But i think brit guys should get the rub.

You admit it is true that supershows are based on selling tickets based on face value but Britiish guys should get the rub. Why? Although guys like Osprey, Scurll, Grado and Damo are well known across the UK the 4 imports are far more well known. You want cheers when someone wins, would you get that if Damo went over Rey? British guys will still be on the roster and expect them to have some good matches.

RPW have had AJ as a long term champion (also Colt Cabana) when AJ drops it whoever wins will look like a star. So 5 Star could drop it to someone in 6 months.

It is known that this is promotional, and could be it for the promotion after this. Even if the other guys are on the game you can still advertise AJ, Jay Lethal and Morrison on them but still have Rey as the main person on the poster. Him in the middle under the game/promotion badge and the others surround him. His face is recognisable by every fan and the others are not.

Very true. But i think brit guys should get the rub.

You admit it is true that supershows are based on selling tickets based on face value but Britiish guys should get the rub. Why? Although guys like Osprey, Scurll, Grado and Damo are well known across the UK the 4 imports are far more well known. You want cheers when someone wins, would you get that if Damo went over Rey? British guys will still be on the roster and expect them to have some good matches.

RPW have had AJ as a long term champion (also Colt Cabana) when AJ drops it whoever wins will look like a star. So 5 Star could drop it to someone in 6 months.

I agree with everything westlondonmist has said above. Cheers for that, saves me having to write something similar :-)

Only pcw were flyering at wwe. Shows the business acumen of some promotions. Cant see this selling out.

Plus dont like the non british main events, pointless!

Not true, I got handed flyers for 3 or 4 different UK promotions.

Not pointless if they want to sell tickets.

2 uninterested trainees from Futureshock were handing out flyers also, and like someone said PCW.

But not 5Star which is ludicrous. 

I wonder if there were so many they took informal patches, as I only encountered the girls handing out An Evening With Hulk Hogan flyers. Though there were some others on the ground later.

Wonder if promoter's see a sale spike after WWE flyering?

I wonder if there were so many they took informal patches, as I only encountered the girls handing out An Evening With Hulk Hogan flyers. Though there were some others on the ground later.

Wonder if promoter's see a sale spike after WWE flyering?

I'd expect it to be make a bigger difference for family-friendly promoters. The kids will be on a big wrestling high after seeing the WWE show and will be nagging their parents to go to another show.

Only pcw were flyering at wwe. Shows the business acumen of some promotions. Cant see this selling out.

2 uninterested trainees from Futureshock were handing out flyers also, and like someone said PCW.

Was this on the monday or tuesday?  I was there flyering for Futureshock on the tuesday night and was as enthusiastic as I could be, had a great time 

• Paid Members

They need to give John Matrix a call for a new design, sharpish.

Just stumbled across this, thank you for the shout out mate!  Much appreciated.  Suffice to say, my line is currently free.. :-)

Realised that this is in the middle of two Lucha Underground taping weekends featuring Rey and Mundo.

mmmmm

Was this on the monday or tuesday?  I was there flyering for Futureshock on the tuesday night and was as enthusiastic as I could be, had a great time 

Monday.

This is such a weird looking event. By the looks of their promotional posters, this has to be one of the most stacked British cards in recent memory, bar maybe RevPro with their NJPW crossover events.

AJ, Rey, Lethal, ZSJ, Ospreay, Scurll, Johnny Mundo, Magnus, Carlito and Spud.

How big is their bank balance?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived