5 star wrestling AJ styles vs rey mysterio January 2016

wrestleuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't ADR and rey across for a convention as well.

Rey was over for Showmasters and Del Rio also worked Rev Pro since they originally had him booked for May along with 4FW, but he had AAA commitments or something like that. Blessing in disguise with that if you ask me.

Putting my marketing hat on I can understand the thinking of the shows being in Jan. They've the option to advertise at the WWE tour in November and then try and capitalise on the Christmas market. If kids want to go the day of the week wont matter that much

I had a similar idea when I thought about promoting a show at Blue water.

My marketing hunch is telling me that the posters should be 75% Rey Mysterio. So much dead space on those flyers. The 5* logos take up as much space as the image of Mysterio. He'll sell more tickets than the other 3 combined.

They need to give John Matrix a call for a new design, sharpish.

Agree he's the main attraction and recognisable face. Reading wrestlezone he's also in the new game so you'd think he'd be everywhere.

Yeah, but they're NOT advertising at the WWE tour. They should be handing out thousands and thousands of flyers outside the arenas. But they're not.

That's crazy you've a collection of your target audience in one place you got to maximise the opportunity. Is Newcastle tomorrow? Maybe they'll be there.

This WWE tour is too good an opportunity to miss.

Only pcw were flyering at wwe. Shows the business acumen of some promotions. Cant see this selling out.

Plus dont like the non british main events, pointless!

Not true, I got handed flyers for 3 or 4 different UK promotions.

Not pointless if they want to sell tickets.

The fact they are running the Echo Arena here in Liverpool over the smaller venues like the Olympia (which TNA ran on their first UK tour), the Empire theatre (home to many All Star shows) and Grand Central Hall (Infinite Promotions' home venue) is pretty ambitious. I may hold off till around Christmas to see how tickets are then snap one up, purely to see AJ and Lethal live in person for the first time

But no brit guys are getting the rub here. Just silly. It might draw an audience but who is gaining from it when 6 yanks are headling. Bloody silly.

Build the guys who are here all the time not the ones here once a year. Pees me off

It depends what strategy they have for the promotion. If they are strictly looking at the super show market then they don't need to build anyone because they are looking to sell based on the name talent alone. Why would you give British talent the rub when you only want to sell autographs, photos and masks?

Archived