5 star wrestling AJ styles vs rey mysterio January 2016

wrestleuk

• Paid Members

These shows are taking place on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so I assume Mysterio will be appearing for a different promotion on the Saturday?

The Saturday is RevPro's next York Hall show in London. AJ 's their champion at the moment, and Jay Lethal has been announced for that one too. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Rey on that show, but I have no idea.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These shows are taking place on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so I assume Mysterio will be appearing for a different promotion on the Saturday?

The Saturday is RevPro's next York Hall show in London. AJ 's their champion at the moment, and Jay Lethal has been announced for that one too. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Rey on that show, but I have no idea.

Would RPW need to add him? I imagine Rey is not cheap (I heard $20,000 when he 1st left WWE but doubt it is that steep). RPW have sold all of the 1st-6th rows and all £15 ones. Jay Lethal may help sell more. Rey would only be a good addition if they decide to have a meet and greet and charge £50-60 to meet him, lethal, AJ and whoever else. If they did add him then great as I am going to that show.

I had heard previously about his appearence against Del Rio in Swindon. I am wondering how much were the tickets that show and how much would a meet of greet been because they would of had to have made money back somehow as that would have been one of the biggest indy matches available at the time.

I think 5 Star need to give out at least 5 wrestler names (foreign) to be on the card today so people are willing to pay upfront. I will assume people like Zack Sabre Jr, Marty Scurll, Will Osprey and Drew Galloway will all be on it as they are some of the best known Brittish names.

Would RPW need to add him? I imagine Rey is not cheap (I heard $20,000 when he 1st left WWE but doubt it is that steep). RPW have sold all of the 1st-6th rows and all £15 ones. Jay Lethal may help sell more. Rey would only be a good addition if they decide to have a meet and greet and charge £50-60 to meet him, lethal, AJ and whoever else. If they did add him then great as I am going to that show.

I had heard previously about his appearence against Del Rio in Swindon. I am wondering how much were the tickets that show and how much would a meet of greet been because they would of had to have made money back somehow as that would have been one of the biggest indy matches available at the time.

I think 5 Star need to give out at least 5 wrestler names (foreign) to be on the card today so people are willing to pay upfront. I will assume people like Zack Sabre Jr, Marty Scurll, Will Osprey and Drew Galloway will all be on it as they are some of the best known Brittish names.

That was my initial thought as well, why would you add Mysterio at this stage after a big chunk of your tickets have already been sold? However (If I remember correctly) when he worked for 4FW it was just the one date and he didn't work for any other promotions. So this time it might make it more cost effective talent sharing with other promotions as he is already working three dates for 5 Star.

I think it's a brave move from 5 Star trying to book those three venues at the best of times but on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? Would they not have been better off solely concentrating on one Saturday date?

That was my initial thought as well, why would you add Mysterio at this stage after a big chunk of your tickets have already been sold? However (If I remember correctly) when he worked for 4FW it was just the one date and he didn't work for any other promotions. So this time it might make it more cost effective talent sharing with other promotions as he is already working three dates for 5 Star.

I think it's a brave move from 5 Star trying to book those three venues at the best of times but on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? Would they not have been better off solely concentrating on one Saturday date?

I agree on the dates, surely Thurs-Sat or Fri-Sun would have been better but expect venues to cost a vast amount more on those dates.

However if a Swindon promotion could do ADR VS Rey for 1 date and do okay out of it, why couldn't 5 Star just do a 5 date 1-3,000 venue tour inc Manchester and London or do a series of 1-3,000 events with 1 big arena date with AJ VS Rey. Something they should have tried 1st before rushing into an arena tour to see how it works out and if all good after a couple of tours then go up the way. ICW sold 5,000 but it took a while to get that and used smaller venues for their main shows 1st.

I think 5 Star need to give out at least 5 wrestler names (foreign) to be on the card today so people are willing to pay upfront. I will assume people like Zack Sabre Jr, Marty Scurll, Will Osprey and Drew Galloway will all be on it as they are some of the best known British names

Yeah it will cost a lot less to book the venues during the week but then you have to balance that with how many people are actually able to attend the event. I'm not near the venues and so it means to make any of the dates I would have to take time off work, something I might have done some years ago but not any more. I think it's a real ask to try and get a £150 VIP ticket sold for a mid week show but I wish 5 Star all the best. It would be a big achievement if they deliver what they are promising and manage to make a profit.

I think 5 Star need to give out at least 5 wrestler names (foreign) to be on the card today so people are willing to pay upfront. I will assume people like Zack Sabre Jr, Marty Scurll, Will Osprey and Drew Galloway will all be on it as they are some of the best known British names

Yeah it will cost a lot less to book the venues during the week but then you have to balance that with how many people are actually able to attend the event. I'm not near the venues and so it means to make any of the dates I would have to take time off work, something I might have done some years ago but not any more. I think it's a real ask to try and get a £150 VIP ticket sold for a mid week show but I wish 5 Star all the best. It would be a big achievement if they deliver what they are promising and manage to make a profit.

£150 was too much for my tastes and i reguarly buy those kind of perks at shows. But £150 to meet Rey, get a pic, and be given a shirt signed by the show's roster? That's pretty damn pricey when i can pay around the same at PCW 3 full shows, great seats, an item signed by every import, a free t-shirt, and a photo with every import. I know some will be all "but it's Rey Mysterio", and i'm a big fan. But is he a bigger name than Ricky Steamboat or Terry Funk? (subjective i know). And those guys were part of the PCW superticket on previous shows. On top of everyone else. So for the Sheffield show i settled for 3rd row seating for £45 a pop.

I understand that the tickets sold would be larger, with concerts who sell arenas and with WWE it would not matter but for an indy promotion, I agree it will be difficult to sell tickets on weekdays especially when things like wrestling aims at families going. I would not travel to Liverpool or Sheffield for one of these.

They have yet to have said what the VIP package is. A meet and greet I assume but they only name 2 wrestlers and I am sure many have met AJ before, he is in the UK quite often. I paid £110 to meet 10 NJPW wrestlers and £20 for a 4th row ticket. So they would need to offer loads to justify £150.

I would like to think we all wish them well as I like an option of what wrestling shows to go to and I am sure others do to. If they succeed maybe they could do shows in London at a later date.

They have yet to have said what the VIP package is. A meet and greet I assume but they only name 2 wrestlers and I am sure many have met AJ before, he is in the UK quite often. I paid £110 to meet 10 NJPW wrestlers and £20 for a 4th row ticket. So they would need to offer loads to justify £150.

"A very limited number of VIP tickets are available priced £157.50 (£150 ticket plus a £7.50 booking fee) - VIP Package contains seats in front 2 rows, exclusive Meet & Greet with Rey Mysterio and a limited edition piece of merchandise signed by every wrestler on the roster."

"A very limited number of VIP tickets are available priced £157.50 (£150 ticket plus a £7.50 booking fee) - VIP Package contains seats in front 2 rows, exclusive Meet & Greet with Rey Mysterio and a limited edition piece of merchandise signed by every wrestler on the roster."

For the best part of £160 I would, at the very least, need a front row seat!

From interactions these lads seems a little out of their depth running something like this straight away.

I would of assumed they'd be outside flyering when RAW and Smackdown were on this week to get casuals interested, but they were no where to be seen.

I'd be shocked if these shows take place and if they do, make a profit. Good luck though!

From interactions these lads seems a little out of their depth running something like this straight away.

I would of assumed they'd be outside flyering when RAW and Smackdown were on this week to get casuals interested, but they were no where to be seen.

I'd be shocked if these shows take place and if they do, make a profit. Good luck though!

If they were not at any of the Northern shows promoting then they are stupid. I know I only knew about Lucha Future (great show by the way) due to getting a flyer at an ICW show.

I agree there is a big chance of them being cancelled and just use the talk about it as promotion for having Rey in their new game.

Archived