Finn Balor exclusive autograph in Wrestle Crate

CallingSpots

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Will be placing my order this week for my first crate which i hope will be the first of many.

Just a quick comment, with this been a UK version, i thought/hoped that more british wrestling would be showcased.

The t-shirts have always been american or japan.

The Feb box only had 1 british item in it a pro wrestling chaos dvd (1 out of 7) 

Jan - Tetsujin dvd (which was awesome) & calling spots magazine (which was 2 out of 8 items)

Dec - HOPE dvd (1 out of 6)

Nov - PCW & Vertigo dvds (2 out of 8).

Hi BradfordCity,

That's awesome to hear, welcome on board.

That's interesting feedback. Despite comparatively few UK-based items, I still get feedback that there is "too much UK content" inside from people who aren't fans of British wrestling. Another factor is matching Wrestle Crate UK to the US version; although there are differences every month, we try to align a lot. I'm hoping that they soon start featuring more UK content since (as Scurll, Ospreay, ZSJ, Drew, et al are showing) British wrestling is fantastic at the moment and deserves to be showcased to people to can't attend shows here easily.

That said, one of my mission statements was to feature UK content and I'm very happy to have done that in every Crate and will strive to always do so.

Essentially, the items inside aren't to please me, they're to please our thousand or so subscribers. If people keep emailing/tweeting/messaging me saying their favourite item was a UK item then I'll add more in. I surveyed our subscribers a few weeks ago to rate each item to-date from "absolutely loved to "absolutely hated" and have used this to shape future Crates.

We do have a few cool items up our sleeve in the next six months from the UK though, so definitely watch this space.

Thanks,

- Richard

I hope you don't think i was been too critical?

I've loved what you've put in all the boxes so far, can't wait to get my first box especially with there been 2 t-shirts!!

And you are right british wrestling is now on the map in other countries thanks to ZSJ, Mark Andrews, Grado, Marty Scrull, Neville, Barrett, Rockstar Spud, Drew Mcintyre, Will Ospreay etc etc

Even Fight Club Pro & Attack Pro Wrestling was in the King of Trios for Chikara and gave a great showing.

After Osprey makes his debut in NJPW a t for him may not be a bad idea.

I looked at the US version of wrestle crate and it is very similar, although autographs seem to be the same but the americans receive them on different months. The t-shirts are the same. Due to the t shirts I imagine they have to make ones that would appeal to them mainly. However they receive no DVD's but get lots of toys and it seems not worth the value. This gives me the idea that US indy dvds are difficult to get hold of at a decent price. To be honest I do not know how good US indy's are, I could only name a handful such as RoH, PWG, Evolve and CZW and I imagine none would be cheap. How good are the US indys outside those well known companies?

I don't think I received any survey?

Edited by westlondonmist

Hi BradfordCity,

No not at all; I honestly found it interesting feedback. It's good to hear peoples thoughts and what they want more of. I'm still trying to find the balance between giving people stuff what they know/expect but also (hopefully) opening some eyes to great new content that's out there.

Hey WestLondonMist,

I can't really speak for US Wrestle Crate but I work closely with their owner and he tries to make each Crate great value. I'm trying to open some doors to US indies, as I did with wXw in Germany and a host of UK promotions to date. Watch this space.

Regarding the survey, this was promoted via social media (@WrestleCrateUK on Twitter and over on our Facebook page). Out of interest, would you have minded, as a subscriber, being sent that on email? I felt that may be a bit invasive to send every month (Plus our system sends enough auto-emails as it is) so I opted not to email it out.

Thank you both,

- Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, quite impressed with the new crate.

The Flair/HBK shirt is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure I understand the Dallas one, but it gives me something to look into. Happy with my mini Brie Bella, even if my mate got Rock :( lol The DVDs give me something to watch, definitely looking forward to seeing the RoH one

Hi gents,

It's great to hear that you like this month's. There was a little bit of a 'Mania flavour without going too far with it.

BradfordCity - One of the DVDs is actually in the UK, by Fight Club PRO so features UK guys and was bought supporting Fight Club PRO. I have to say that they were absolutely fantastic to work with so hopefully we will do something with them again in the future.

I will pop back in a few days once the Crates have arrived to post the official prom photo of this month's contents and probably some kind of unboxing when they start to pop up.

Thanks,

- Richard