Destiny Shmestiny

Bettencourt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true that it does, but it's more akin to a MMO rather than a normal FPS in that each DLC is an expansion that includes/extends the storylines and permeates the universe with more content. They've introduced new content, and upped level caps for weapons/armour each time which tended to render the older stuff useless. They addressed that in the last expansion by allowing you to upgrade your older stuff to the new max value but with the new expansion they have retired the 'year one' content by dropping their values compared to the new max. (New max attack for the year 2 weapons right now is 310, year 1 weapons top out at 160).

It's all due to their new mechanics though, in the past each weapon had a set value, and it was just a race to get 'the best gun', now you can keep your favourite weapons by 'infusing' any more powerful weapons you pick up into it, raising your weapon's stats instead of having to keep switching to the new big thing you pick up. Works for armour as well.

I forgot about the year 1 cash-in Chest, I've still got a lot of year 1 stuff in my vault as well, should get that emptied out ASAP, I'm trying to max out my FWC level up to 25 in order to get the exotic class item quest (exotic bond/cloak/mark that doesn't count as your 1 equip).

• Moderators

The new DLC is a bit of a wipe as it renders most of your old equipment redundant, as it's now vastly underpowered. There is a bit of a feeling of having the rug pulled out from under you, but the transition is fairly smooth and there's a lot of new content so opp don't mind that much.

On the other hand it's a great time to be a new player.

Cool.. I want to get the sleeper simulant done this weekend. What character are you getting the fwc class item for? The cloak from there is the ugliest of all the factions! I want both the other two though...

Got a full Team together for the Raid tomorrow. Excited!

I'm a warlock, so the ward isn't as bad. Doing the raid today as well, done the first parts and it'd been good fun so far!

• Moderators

How was the Raid BiDad? Fun? Tough? Get any good gear?

We didn’t get to do it unfortunately.. gutted! One of the guys was ill, and he was the one with the mate who was going to be our sixth, so no way we could do it with only 4 of us, 3 of whom are only at 290-ish. Looks like it will be Tuesday now.

Really good but tough. I only got to the first boss, my net connection was lagging badly and so I had to bow out. The stages I did get through needed lots of communication needed and coordination between team mates. Even doing as little as I have its the best raid of the 3.

• Paid Members

Me and a couple of mates used LFG and attempted the raid on Saturday night. We seemed to get three other players quite easily which was good.

We started at 10pm, and we threw in the towel at 3am, having only completed two of the five phases! We got to the second boss and just couldn't get close so gave up, im sure fatigue played a part but to be honest we couldn't work out how to damage the boss properly. The most we hurt him was only 5% I'd say.

It really doesn't ease you in gently, just to get into the raid is stressful enough! The very first part requires two teams of three communicating efficiently and is pretty stressful! Then you have jumping puzzles which get very annoying very quickly if you keep falling off!

The first boss was fairly straight forward when you get the right people doing the right thing. After the first boss you have to unlock a door to the next boss which required even more teamwork and I spent a lot of that period not knowing what the hell was going on. Something about auras and deathsingers. No idea. A teammate was just barking orders at me and it worked so can't complain. I haven't done any of the other raids so perhaps experience from those would help this part, not sure. When you finally open the door you have a short walk to the second boss. When I say short walk I actually mean you have to traverse a pitch black maze with holes in the floor.

Overall it was a lot of fun. Its a shame we don't have a six player fireteam, because I think you could get to the second boss in about an hour when you know what you're doing.

Edit - Oh Bi Dad I tried looking for you on PSN through the app but couldn't find you

• Moderators

Ah man.. I'm really hyped for it now. I really hope we get to play it tonight. If our team has any more problems then I might just have to give lfg a go.

I hope I don't have to, because I'd much rather do it with mates; it's more fun and it's much easier to communicate. (Also it doesn't hurt that one of the guys is an ex pro gamer and really fucking good).

• Paid Members

Yeah LFG worked well - you may even see someone on there looking for one extra person and you can just join their game.

You really want to be putting aside a long time if you are hoping to complete it all in one go. If not the best time to start it would be tonight, so you can keep dipping in throughout the week to your last checkpoint until the reset next Tuesday

One bit of advice would be make sure you have a decent sniper and lots of special ammo synthesis. Also if your teammates want to go off looking for secret chests tell them to fuck off and carry on, we spent far too long dicking about for a chest and got nothing for it

• Paid Members

Yeah LFG worked well - you may even see someone on there looking for one extra person and you can just join their game.

You really want to be putting aside a long time if you are hoping to complete it all in one go. If not the best time to start it would be tonight, so you can keep dipping in throughout the week to your last checkpoint until the reset next Tuesday

One bit of advice would be make sure you have a decent sniper and lots of special ammo synthesis. Also if your teammates want to go off looking for secret chests tell them to fuck off and carry on, we spent far too long dicking about for a chest and got nothing for it

The "Exotic chest" in the new raid took us about 20 minutes to get due to someone sliding off one of the ledges every single time. Only one of us got an exotic. Wasn't worth the hassle.

Not raided tonight, but can't wait to give it a go again this week. I absolutely love it. Great mix of puzzles, teamwork and running round in circles. :D

Archived