2015 UKFF UK50 - Results Thread

cobystag

And here we are again for another year. The first year without BBHG so as always I would like to thank him for his hard work and service over these past ten years. I'll be honest that with the low turn out of voters (31) I've found it rather hard to muster up the inspiration to write. But then I owe this to everyone who voted and everyone who makes this list a yearly read and takes great interest in the thoughts and opinions of the UKFF voters.

For the Eleventh consecutive year nominations have been made, votes have been cast and we now have a fully ranked and ordered list of wrestlers to comprise the finalised 2015 UKFF UK50.

Before I get to the results, just a reminder of how we got there.  In Stage One, I invited UKFF members to submit their unranked nominations for 15 wrestlers that they felt deserved a place somewhere in this year's UKFF UK50.  Stage Two saw 7 wrestlers compete for the last 3 places that remained.  Once we had our 50 names, the Final Stage saw UKFF members this time submit their own top 15 from those 50, ranked in order of preference.  I collated and counted the votes (using a simple mathematical scoring system of 15 points for a first place, 14 for a second etc. all the way through to 1 point for 15th) and totaled the scores.

As always, the rankings are based on the following criteria:

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?
All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:

- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?

- who is consistently involved in great matches?

- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?

- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?

- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

So, ladies and gentlemen, for the ELEVENTH STRAIGHT YEAR, I now present your UKFF UK50:

No. 50 - Dave Mercy

Twitter: N/A
Total 1st place votes in 2015: 0

UKFF UK50 History:
50th in 2015

Regular promotions during period:
Triple X Wrestling in Coventry - Pro Wrestling Chaos in Bristol/Yate

11997985_10156070978500725_1984604054_n.

2014/15 Highlights:
-Made it to the finals of Pro Wrestling Chaos' King Of Chaos Title tournament where he was defeated by Mike Bird in August 2014
-Lost a Loser Leaves Town Tables, Ladders & Chairs match to Alex Steele in CSF
-Lost a Loser Leaves Pro Wrestling Chaos No Disqualification match to "Flash" Morgan Webster in what appears to be his final match

UKFF Says:
Nothing. However the following was said during Stage One:

"That’s right.  People may scoff, but I would LOVE IT[/Keegan] if Dave Mercy made the UKFF UK50.  When you consider the criteria for which the UKFF UK50 is supposed to represent, I genuinely cannot think of that many people that have entertained and engaged me more than this.  You just want him to GO AWAY, but at the same time can’t help but want to see what he gets up to next.  NOMINATE THIS MAN"

Coby Says:
Dave Mercy makes his UKFF50 debut in the 50 position in what is said to be his last year as a professional wrestler. I never got to see Dave Mercy live before he hung up the boots. This highlight video should say more than I ever could - https://youtu.be/u1-wHn4eaoM

No. 49 - Chris Brookes

Twitter: @OBEYBrookes
Total 1st place votes in 2014: 0

UKFF UK50 History:
49th in 2015

Fight Club: Pro in Wolverhampton - Kamikaze Pro in Birmingham - Triple X Wrestling in Coventry - Southside Wrestling Entertainment in Sheffield/Stevenage/Bedford - HOPE in Nottinghamshire - wXw in Germany - Shropshire Wrestling Alliance in Shropshire - ATTACK Pro Wrestling in Cardiff/Bristol

11081245_965393976844079_824560457809943

2014/15 Highlights:
-Debuted for Southside Wrestling in Sheffield in an incredible six man tag team match that featured his main two partners, Jonathan Gresham and Nixon Newell
-Became a regular for wXw in Germany where he and Gresham (The Calamari Catch Kings) challenged for the wXw World Tag Team Title's in a losing effort to Hot And Spicey
-Bizarrely was former Pro Wrestling NOAH GHC Heavyweight Champion, New Japan IWGP Heavyweight Champion and All Japan Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion, Yoshihiro Takayama's tag team partner in the latters European debut weekend
-Won the Infinity Pro 2014 Trophy in Fight Club: Pro in a fantastic contest against Tyler Bate and then subsequently turned heel
-Defeated the likes of Dan Moloney, "Flash" Morgan Webster, Nixon Newell, Tracy Williams, Clint Margera, Juan Francisco de Coronado, Fire Ant and Jack Gallagher to retain that Trophy before losing it to Rockstar Spud outside of the 2014/15 period.

UKFF Says:
Nothing.

Coby Says:
2015 see's Chris Brookes debut in the UKFF50 with a placing of 49. Brookes has had a good year that with his heel turn saw him really come into his own. Always seen as just the "lanky" wrestler, he reminded me of an early Kris Travis in that there could be something there if he put it all together. Both of his tag teams with Gresham and Nixon are great, he's shown to be very proficient in technical wrestling with his matches against Zack Sabre Jnr (in last years voting period) and Jack Gallagher. The feud with Nixon in Fight Cub showed as a real break out for her as they both came out looking strong.

We had a tie for #47!

No. 47 - Jim Hunter

Twitter: @JimnLeeHunter

UKFF UK50 History:
47th in 2015 - 43rd in 2014 - 33rd in 2013 - 45th in 2012

Leicester Championship Wrestling in Leicester - Kamikaze Pro in Birmingham - Fight Club: Pro in Wolverhampton - Southside Wrestling Entertainment in Nottinghamshire/Cambridgeshire/South Yorkshire/Hertfordshire/Essex/Surrey - HOPE in Nottinghamshire - ATTACK Pro Wrestling in Cardiff/Bristol

10580188_966318423418301_177196182123849

2014/15 Highlights:
-Incredible tag team matches in Southside against Flips & Forearms (Andrews & Dunne), The Young Wolves (Bate & Moloney) and 2 Guys Hanging Out (Sabin & Ospreay) in August
-Won the Southside Tag Team Title's from The Sumerian Death Squad after a lengthy chase at the end of November
-Defended them against The Hooligans and The Young Bucks before losing them in a three-way also involving The London Riots to The Righteous Army (Conners & Havoc)
-Challenged The Addiction/Bad Influence (Daniels & Kazarian) for the ROH World Tag Team Title's on a Southside show
-Debuted for Preston City Wrestling to unsuccessfully challenge Team Single for the PCW Tag Title's. Returned on the Kris Travis show in an incredible 8 man tag team match that stole the show and can be watched here: https://youtu.be/DdIPbLN65XE?t=1h10m54s
-Won the Kamikaze Pro Tag Team Title's in March after a lengthy series against Bate & Moloney
-Had an absolutely blinding match against TNA's The Wolves in Fight Club: Pro

UKFF Says:
"They (The Hunter Brothers) are the best tag team in the country, always know their place on the card and can switch up heel/face/comedy/serious with ease"

Coby Says:
Jim Hunter is the Hunter Brother who doesn't look anything like Adam Cole. A four place slip for the non-Adam Cole looking Hunter. The Hunter Brothers have been one of the most consistent tag teams in the UK and whether's it UK talent or International talent, they can always be relied upon to have a good to great match. With the loss of Project Ego from Southside due to Kris Travis' illness, The Hunter Brothers became the glue that held the tag team division together and they were well rewarded with a short run as Southside Tag Team Champions. A white meat baby face tag team I haven't actually seen them heel or do much in the way of character work but between the ropes they are capable of some of the best tag team matches to take place in Europe.

No. 47 - Zak Knight

Twitter: @Zak Bevis

UKFF UK50 History:
47th in 2015 - 50th in 2008

All Star Wrestling nationwide - WAW in Norfolk - Preston City Wrestling in Preston - Revolution Pro Wrestling in Kent/London - Southside Wrestling Entertainment in Essex/Hertfordshire

11110969_966313760085434_146270212849875

2014/15 Highlights
-Won the European Catch Tour Association Tag Team Title's in France with his brother Roy as part of The UK Hooligans
-Won the HEW Tag Team Title's in October but lost them in April
-Challenged for the PCW Tag Team Title's against Team Single in their debut in which was an absolutely mental match that ended in a double count out and can be viewed here - https://youtu.be/DdIPbLN65XE?t=1h41m13s
-Returned to Preston to defeat Davey Richards & Will Ospreay (subbing for Eddie Edwards in what was supposed to be The Wolves), fellow All Star wrestlers Dean Allmark & Robbie Dynamite, were part of an absolutely brilliant ten man tag team match against Friends With Benefits + Jarretts that has been Preston's best main event to date and then had a mad Tables, Ladders & Chairs match against Team Single in which they were finally defeated
-Had a wild match against the newly reunited Thrillers, Mark Haskins & Joel Redman, in a losing effort for the latters Revolution Pro Wrestling Tag Team Title's
-In a bit of a theme, had another wild match against The Hunter Brothers for the Southside Tag Team Title's in a defeat, but that loss set up a match against The London Riots which went to a double count out
-Defeated former ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Steve Corino at WAW Epic Encounters 11
-Faced The London Riots a further two times in WAW and NGW's Liverpool Olympia TV tapings

UKFF Says:
Nothing

Coby Says:
A return to the UKFF50 after a six year absence. Back in 2008 he was a masked cruiserweight wrestler known as Zak Zodiak. Now he is, as he would (and does) call himself, a "flying fatty". The Knight Brothers (Zak and Roy) as The UK Hooligans have had wild, knock down drag out brawls all across the UK with Preston, Southside and RevPro seeing them at their best. A few years ago I didn't like The UK Hooligans as I felt they had the same match (They beat the shit out of their opponents, they barely sell and then they either win or lose via fluke rather than domination) however now they are sorta having the same matches, I'm enjoying them a bit more! Especially the feud with Team Single in Preston as it was a rarity to see Bone and Rampage face off against opponents who dominated them rather than the other way around.

No. 46 - Lee Hunter

Twitter: @JimnLeeHunter

UKFF UK50 History:
46th in 2015 - 34th in 2014 - 31st in 2013 - 44th in 2012

Leicester Championship Wrestling in Leicester - Kamikaze Pro in Birmingham - Fight Club: Pro in Wolverhampton - Southside Wrestling Entertainment in Nottinghamshire/Cambridgeshire/South Yorkshire/Hertfordshire/Essex/Surrey - HOPE in Nottinghamshire - ATTACK Pro Wrestling in Cardiff/Bristol

13478_979541145429362_698340747474429158

2014/15 Highlights:
-Incredible tag team matches in Southside against Flips & Forearms (Andrews & Dunne), The Young Wolves (Bate & Moloney) and 2 Guys Hanging Out (Sabin & Ospreay) in August
-Won the Southside Tag Team Title's from The Sumerian Death Squad after a lengthy chase at the end of November
-Defended them against The Hooligans and The Young Bucks before losing them in a three-way also involving The London Riots to The Righteous Army (Conners & Havoc)
-Challenged The Addiction/Bad Influence (Daniels & Kazarian) for the ROH World Tag Team Title's on a Southside show
-Debuted for Preston City Wrestling to unsuccessfully challenge Team Single for the PCW Tag Title's. Returned on the Kris Travis show in an incredible 8 man tag team match that stole the show and can be watched here: https://youtu.be/DdIPbLN65XE?t=1h10m54s
-Won the Kamikaze Pro Tag Team Title's in March after a lengthy series against Bate & Moloney
-Had an absolutely blinding match against TNA's The Wolves in Fight Club: Pro

UKFF Says:
"They (The Hunter Brothers) are the best tag team in the country, always know their place on the card and can switch up heel/face/comedy/serious with ease"

Coby Says:
Lee Hunter is the Hunter Brother who looks kinda like Adam Cole. Lee Hunter retains the same spot as last year in an arguably more high-profile year. The Hunter Brothers have been one of the most consistent tag teams in the UK and whether's it UK talent or International talent, they can always be relied upon to have a good to great match. With the loss of Project Ego from Southside due to Kris Travis' illness, The Hunter Brothers became the glue that held the tag team division together and they were well rewarded with a short run as Southside Tag Team Champions. A white meat baby face tag team I haven't actually seen them heel or do much in the way of character work but between the ropes they are capable of some of the best tag team matches to take place in Europe.

No. 45 - Joel Redman

Twitter: @NXTOliverGrey

UKFF UK50 History:
45th in 2015 - 50th in 2012 - 12th in 2011 - 18th in 2010 - 14th in 2009 - 39th in 2008

All Star Wrestling nationwide - Future Pro Wrestling in London - Revolution Pro Wrestling in London/Kent - Pro Wrestling Pride in Devon/Cornwall - Pro Evolution Wrestling in Worcestershire

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-07-28%2Bat%2B5.12.2

2014/15 Highlights:
-Returned to the UK shortly before the beginning of the 2014/15 period after being released by the WWE and won the Revolution Pro Wrestling Tag Team Title's with Martin Stone (also recently released from the WWE)
-England's Calling defeated The Kartel in a rematch in July in Sittingbourne
-Faced former IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Kazuchika Okada at RPW's Uprising event
-After Martin Stone left for America, he recruited former The Thrillers tag team partner, Mark Haskins and together the two retained the RPW Tag Team Title's over The UK Hooligans in a wild brawl over The York Hall, went to a no contest against then IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Tavern) in Sittingbourne before Redman lost the belts with a third partner (Mark Haskins child was unwell at the time) Jake McClusky to The Revolutionists of Sha Samuels & James Castle
-Won All Star Wrestling's Butlins Title last summer and has so far held on to it into this summer
-Became Pro Wrestling Pride Catch Division Champion after defeating Dick Riley in October but then lost the belt to Tyler Hawke in November and lost the December rematch to cement it
-Won the Pro Evolution Wrestling Heavyweight Championship from Charlie Garrett in April and has since successfully defended over JD Knight and Big Grizzly

UKFF Says:
"Hugely underrated technical wizard, who in my opinion has the best look in the UK. Slightly let down by his lack if charisma, but once inside the ring is all business."

Coby Says:
Joel Redman makes his UKFF50 return after a two year absence (in which he was wrestling for the WWE) and places five spots higher than last time. I wish I'd seen Joel Redman more this year. He returned from America with a renewed purpose and while at first I was more excited at the prospect of seeing Martin Stone back in the UK, Redman had an absolutely cracking match against Dick Riley in Birmingham's Kamikaze Pro in August that caught me completely off guard. I remember talking to TysonSL during the early portions of the match (still following it of course) and then actually saying the words "This match is really good, where did this come from?". And then from there the match just built and built. Before he left for the WWE, Redman was a hold-for-hold technical wrestler who did not really use his size to his advantage. Now, after leaving the WWE, he was still as sharp as ever with the mat skills but was using his power and strength and was having a match containing near-falls and the tension just rose and rose. It seemed seemingly that the WWE had made an Indy wrestler out of Redman long before NXT become one of the best Indy-like promotions in the world. That match made me excited for his upcoming match against Okada and while that match didn't quite reach my expectations, the match was solid to good. The tag match with Haskins against The UK Hooligans was a chaotic brawl and showed Redman looking like an absolute beast and monster and how any promotion should book him to get around a perceived lack of personality. If a promotion were to book him like an emotionless, killing machine, Redman could give Arnie a run for his money in the Terminator stakes.

No. 44 - Ashton Smith

Twitter: @Trent99

UKFF UK50 History:
44th in 2015 - 45th in 2014 - 32nd in 2010 - 31st in 2009

Grand Pro Wrestling in Wigan - HOP:E in Nottinghamshire - HXC in Manchester - Preston City Wrestling in Preston

ashtonsmith.jpg

2014/15 Highlights:
-Defeated Martin Kirby in a feud in GPW in which Kirby had to leave his home of Hindley!
-Beat Kris Travis in one of Trav's last matches before being officially diagnosed last summer
-Made his return to PCW at the Kris Travis benefit show and as a result earnt a full time spot on the roster
-Won NGW's North West Cup final over Bubblegum and Zack Gibson in a one night tournament in Feb but was unable to defeat NGW Undisputed Champion Rampage Brown in his challenge in April
-Became the #30 entrant to PCW's annual Rumble in March after winning a six-way but was unsuccessful in winning the Rumble itself

UKFF Says:

Nothing

Coby Says:
Ashton Smith makes a one place jump this year. Made his return to the UKFF50 last year after a several year absence and I still can't believe this man is the same Derice Coffie, Jamaican Bob Sledder or D-Rok, a stereotypical thug. Now in his second year back on the scene, he's still not full time as he must prefer to wrestle part time around the North West. But he is managing to keep a regular spot in Grand Pro Wrestling and now Preston City Wrestling. I've only seen him wrestle in Preston this past year, but he has looked great in every outing there whether it's a multi-man match or a singles match. I even believed Smith could be the upset of the weekend during Road To Glory this past March in which I anticipated he could beat Bubblegum, the eventual tournament winner, in the first round. Crisp, athletic, fast paced, as a passionate, fiery baby face he looks to be capable to get over in front of any crowd. He's even made me like a Kanye West song!

No. 43 - Danny Hope

Twitter: @DannyTheHope

UKFF UK50 History:
43rd in 2015 - 50th in 2014 - 39th in 2010 - 39th in 2009

FutureShock Wrestling in Manchester - PAID in Lancashire - Britannia Wrestling Promotions in Wales - Infinite Promotions in Liverpool - Insane Championship Wrestling in Liverpool/Edinburgh/London -

hopevscjbanks-77.jpg

2014/15 Highlights:
-The Models (Hope & Joey Hayes) lost the FSW Tag Team Title's to The Uprising of Don Meacho & Ryan Hendricks in a four-way Ultimate X match
-Eventually won the belts back from The Uprising in a standard tag match 8 months later
-Won the Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Championship from CJ Banks to end his 896 day reign
-Defended that belt against Sam Bailey and Joey Hayes within the 2014/15 voting period
-Unsuccessfully challenged for the BCW, PBW and ICW Tag Team Title's up in Scotland as part of The Models
-Won the BWP Tag Team Titles as part of The Models
-Won the ICW Zero G Title from Kenny Williams in Liverpool but lost it a week later to Stevie Boy in London during a six-way match

UKFF Says:
"great great face very hard to pick between him and joey for this spot dannys a far far better storyteller than he was a few years ago.. Needs to kick on a bit though"

"A big miss from PCW for me. Entertaining as hell, always enjoyable in the ring. Seeing him defeat Kenny Williams for the ICW Zero-G was fantastic!"

"It's good to see The Tassels still running wild. Shame that PCW called it a day on him when he was starting to become something special."

Coby Says:
Danny Hope rises 7 spots up to 43rd spot this year. As touched on there in the UKFF comments, the big thing surrounding Hope from 2014/15 would be his exit from Preston City Wrestling. Just six months before he was the cinderella story in Preston as he won their vacant Heavyweight Title in a Rumble before being cheated out by Joey Hayes and then engaging in a feud over that belt that ended two months later. But two shows later he was gone due to political drama behind the scenes. Hope wasn't feeling appreciated and foolishly vented that in public which lead to his departure. I'll be honest that Tasslemania never captured my imagination but it could not be denied how over he was. Since his split from PCW I only saw him the once in Birmingham last October and haven't seen him since. He's been keeping busy in the North West with trips to Wales and Scotland and winning the ICW Zero G Title and Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Championship are the highlight of his year.

No. 42 - Jack Jester

Twitter: @Glasgow Jester

UKFF UK50 History:
42nd in 2015 - 18th in 2014 - 41st in 2013 - 47th in 2012

Insane Championship Wrestling in Scotland/UK tours - Premier British Wrestling in Scotland - British Championship Wrestling in Scotland - WrestleZone in Scotland - Rock N Wrestle in Scotland - HOPE in Nottinghamshire - Scottish Wrestling Alliance in Scotland

JS33302285.jpg

2014/15 Highlights:
-Began the year as ICW Heavyweight Champion and defended that belt against the likes of Martin Stone, Dickie Divers, Mark Coffey, Big Damo, Liam Thomson, Grado and Jimmy Havoc before losing the belt to Drew Galloway on ICW's biggest show of the year
-Appeared on the BBC for Insane Fight Club 2 that revolved around their first UK tour and built up his match against Drew Galloway after the fact
-Returned to ICW five months after his title loss and made a bee-line for Drew Galloway but was unable to win back the belt in three-ways also involving Grado and Sabu
-Lost the WrestleZone Undisputed Title to Crusher Craib
-Went to the finals of the Hatecore Invitational Tournament on his wXw debut but lost out to Mike Schwarz
-Won the vacant RNW Highland Title from Kenny Williams and defended it against BT Gunn, Lionheart and BT Gunn again
-Wrestled with and against former ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Sabu four times during his UK tour

UKFF Says:
"His feud with Drew has really taken ICW to the next level in terms of attention and drawing power. Selling out the Barras is no mean feat and Jester was a huge part of that. Great look and a great worker."

"Some fantastic work with Drew late last year. The most intense a rivalry I have ever seen captured on the UK scene. Jester more than held his own against a legitimate big time star when it came to promos, story telling and brawling."

Coby Says:
Jack Jester slips 34 places from his number 18 placement last year. I can only attribute this to ICW not having as strong a presence on this years voting compared to other promotions that have heavily influenced this years list. Jester has a great look. There's just something about him, an undeniable aura of just general bad ass and headcase. Hardcore wrestling is definitely his forte, those wild crazy brawls that usually end with bloodshed and he showed it in the two matches of his I got to see live in the voting period. However not every single match of his has to involve weapons and a hardcore element and as a wild, ass kicker and big man he looks like someone not afraid of a fight so he doesn't need to be the most technical wrestler in the world. The man looks and acts like a psycho when required so that's all the character he needs.

No. 41 - Mike Bird

Twitter: @FlyingMikeBird
Total 1st place votes in 2015: 1

UKFF UK50 History:
41st in 2015

ATTACK Pro Wrestling in Cardiff/Bristol - Pro Wrestling Chaos in Bristol - Tidal Championship Wrestling in West Yorkshire - Fight Club: Pro in Wolverhampton

5ade815d05d80a67c8281dd888ed0aea4e1a29a6

2014/15 Highlights:
-Became ATTACK Wrestling 24/7 Champion by defeating Lana Austin and Nixon Newell then defeated Sebastian Radclaw in the same night in what appears to be the main event of the show before then losing the belt to the Rawclaw's inanimate toy, Scat Monkey. That's just ATTACK for you
-Won the tournament to crown the first ever King Of Chaos by defeating Wild Boar and Dave Mercy in the one night and then defended that belt against El Ligero, recent WWE signing Rich Swann, Alex Steele, Pete Dunne, in an Ultimate X match he beat Wild Boar, Jackel, Morgan Webster and Rampage Brown, in a No DQ match El Ligero, back to normal singles with Rampage Brown and then Eddie Dennis within the 2014/15 voting period
-Lost out on winning the Vertigo Pro Wrestling Championship in a four-way final to Dave Mastiff
-Debuted with Fight Club: Pro on their CHIKARA weekender and had an incredible match against Eddie Dennis. From there Dennis and Bird were tied to one another in Fight Club as they had another singles match against each other (then ended up involving Dan Moloney) and then began to team together to fill the void of Dennis' tag partner now that Mark Andrews had left for America

UKFF Says:
"Simply the most underrated guy in the UK"

"Has deserved to be on this list for at least the last 4 years, well deserved, incredibly underrated."

Coby Says:
Mike Bird makes his UKFF50 debut and takes the number 41 slot. It was during the Fight Club/CHIKARA weekender that I saw Bird for the very first time and he was nothing like how I imagined. With the name "Bird" and coming out of the same place as Andrews and Webster, I expected someone flippy. What I got was a tall guy, mohawk of a kind and looks like a real heavyweight. And he hits hard. Real hard. Already I wanted to see more of him and so far he has delivered in every outing. His team with Dennis in Fight Club, The Welsh Action Heroes, looks to have a lot of promise. I hope he gets noticed by more and more promotions and picked up more across the UK.

So that's 50-41 down.

Any surprises in this years list so far?

Here are the remaining 40, in alphabetical order with last years UKFF ranking in brackets.

Bubblegum (14)
Charlie Garrett (N/A)
CJ Banks (36)
Damien O'Connor (N/A)
Dave Mastiff (6)
Dave Rayne (41)
Doug Williams (13)
Eddie Dennis (17)
El Ligero (5)
Flash Morgan Webster (26)
Grado (9)
Jack Gallagher (47)
James Davis (19)
James Mason (22)
Jimmy Havoc (8)
Joe Coffey (24)
Joey Hayes (42)
Joseph Conners (27)
Kay Lee Ray (23)
Kenny Williams (N/A)
Mark Andrews (3)
Mark Haskins (12)
Martin Kirby (4)
Marty Scurll (48)
Mikey Whiplash (39)
Nathan Cruz (N/A)
Noam Dar (11)
Paul Robinson (35)
Pete Dunne (20)
Rampage Brown (7)
Rob Lynch (16)
Robbie X (15)
Roy Knight (N/A)
Sha Samuels (38)
Stixx (29)
T-Bone(25)
Tyler Bate (28)
Wild Boar (40)
Will Ospreay (10)
Zack Gibson (31)

Predictions of a top 10? Top 5?

I'd be pretty certain that El Ligero, Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, Martin Kirby, Dave Mastiff and Bubblegum will be in the top 10.

Grado, I'm not sure. He's great entertainment and guaranteed fan interest but does comedy make a great wrestler?

Dar and Andrews are both possibles. Really open with the rest.

• Paid Members

Joel Redman is always one of those names that never inspires me to go to a show.

He's never bad, he's technically good and has a great look, I just never really give a fuck and he never gave me a reason to in anything I saw of him.

I do always enjoy seeing the Hunters though, and Danny Hope too.

• Paid Members

Mentioned this to CobyStag last night - good to meet you, btw! - but I think Jester's a victim of timing. If the vote had been carried out in April, on the heels of the national tour and Fight Club 2, he may have placed higher. There's also that he's had some of thunder stolen by Galloway.

I can't see the top 5 having anyone in it that hasn't been a top guy in PROGRESS this year. That's indicative of 2 things: that PROGRESS is hot and that PROGRESS can cherry pick the top talent.

My guess: Ospreay, Havoc, Scurll, Mastiff, Dar

Yes, I'm very much in the Joel Redman is a complete charisma vacuum camp as well. Yet to care about anything he does.

I think Jack Jester suffered through not really wrestling in England, and if you're not interested in ICW he is not really going to be on your radar.

Archived