Hall of Fame 2016 - Dallas

HarleyRace8times

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Rick Martel / The Model / Slick /Gang / Akeem / Butch Reed / Kamala.

Make it a Doctor of Style HOF special.

Four inductions for two people. And you wonder why the HOF is viewed as a joke (which it is)

Give it another five years and Razor will probably have more rings than fingers given the way they overlap the nominations.

• Paid Members

I never heard Kamala say that. In fact he usually tells people to the last penny what he's earned. I heard he said for matches against Undertaker and Hulk Hogan his pay was shockingly low compared to others who worked with them. Which I totally believe. He says he was paid $13,000 for the Undertaker match at SummerSlam. Which is rotten pay for the house the WWF drew that night (and the merch sales), and for him being such big part of the card. It was the biggest money show they'd had up until that point, I believe, with the merch and the ticket sales all added together. $13,000 is shockingly low.

If he walked out because of a $13,000 pay off, he's not going to stick around and work for free is he?

• Paid Members

Sorry, but there's some shocking bollocks going on in here. I know there's no hard and fast criteria for what represents a Hall Of Fame career, but every wrestler that actually goes in (apart from those that "family" their way in) seems to fit into at least one of the following broad categories -

(1) SUCCESSFUL - Won loads of titles or drew shitloads of money on the national stage.

(2) GREAT WRESTER - Had matches that fans thought were awesome or work widely respected by their peers.

(3) DIFFERENCE MAKER - Was an innovator, trend-setter or in other ways made a huge impact on wrestling history.

(4) POPULAR - Had a memorable character and was genuinely loved by loads of people. Your Kokos or Bushwhackers.

Who the fuck loved One Man Gang or Kamala?? Because they damn sure don't meet another criteria I can think of. Let's get Virgil and Jim Powers in too. "Was in it back in the good old days" is about it for those two in my eyes. If they go in before Barbar, I'll cry.

To be fair, you can't really argue who about who goes in, there is no logic to it really. It's just a night for wrestlers from the past to have their moment and be appreciated in front of a large crowd one last time.

Gang and Kamala where both successful, paid their dues and where around for years. If they're in Vinces good books they'll go in eventually.

Sorry, but there's some shocking bollocks going on in here. I know there's no hard and fast criteria for what represents a Hall Of Fame career, but every wrestler that actually goes in (apart from those that "family" their way in) seems to fit into at least one of the following broad categories -

(1) SUCCESSFUL - Won loads of titles or drew shitloads of money on the national stage.

(2) GREAT WRESTER - Had matches that fans thought were awesome or work widely respected by their peers.

(3) DIFFERENCE MAKER - Was an innovator, trend-setter or in other ways made a huge impact on wrestling history.

(4) POPULAR - Had a memorable character and was genuinely loved by loads of people. Your Kokos or Bushwhackers.

Who the fuck loved One Man Gang or Kamala?? Because they damn sure don't meet another criteria I can think of. Let's get Virgil and Jim Powers in too. "Was in it back in the good old days" is about it for those two in my eyes. If they go in before Barbar, I'll cry.

When looking at YOUR criteria, Kamala has point 3 and 4 (hated instead of popular because he was a heel). One Man Gang has point 4, also as a heel. Both Were succesful, had decent main event/ middle of the card runs.

• Paid Members

When looking at YOUR criteria, Kamala has point 3 and 4 (hated instead of popular because he was a heel). One Man Gang has point 4, also as a heel. Both Were succesful, had decent main event/ middle of the card runs.

No, screw "as a heel," I made it crystal clear - LOVED. Like people loved the Bushwhackers (for some reason). You're telling me there are loads of people going "I loved the One Man Gang, he was brilliant!" And that you thought Kamala was in some what innovative or made any lasting difference or impression on the wrestling industry? I'd better leave it there then, because I'm never going to understand the thought process.

I'll give Kamala credit - he's probably well remembered because he was the other bloke in the ring the night the Undertaker made his awesome hearse entrance. But if he goes in for that, Zach Gowen needs to go in for Brock Lesnar throwing him down the stairs.

To be fair, you can't really argue who about who goes in

Let the mods know then, they'll close the thread.

Archived