Hall of Fame 2016 - Dallas

HarleyRace8times

After listening to Flairs podcast it has got me thinking, who should go in this year.

I don't think Taker will go in this year with still competing, I am not sure Sting will unless they do something dramatic between now & then with him.

So who would you have in this year, Flair obviously thinks Freebirds would be ideal this year given its Dallas & their impact with the Von Erichs, I also saw something that it's PS Hayes 20th year with WWE so definitely a possibility.

For the celebrity wing, people have mentioned Mohammed Ali going in, can't see it personally but you never know.

Seeing Brocks current good mood with the company, will Sable go in?

Seen both Muta & Liger mentioned, Liger certainly more of a chance given his current relationship & Muta's recent TNA links.

Not my cup of tea but Jericho is a big name possibility for this year.

Couple out of left field, Rey Mysterious & RVD?

As Flair has said. How Wahoo is not in there is scandalous!

So come on who do you think & who do you want in this year?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freebirds def seems to make sense. 

For the Hall of Fame in general I think Demolition should be inducted. It's been long overdue.

I wonder about the headliner though, is there anyone who makes sense in this category who has also a link to Dallas/ Texas?

• Paid Members

Owen Hart will be going in it seems. They've got the right to market him without his wifes permission now, so I imagine he'll be straight in. The nWo were supposed to go in, but there's no chance of that now. Unless they pretend Virgil was the 3rd man.

Bret Hart suggested putting all the Hart Foundation in together, but I just couldnt imagine. 3 dead blokes and Jim Neidhart (who never turns up anywhere without the crack pipe) going in at the same time? There's surely zero chance there.

Freebirds def seems to make sense. 

For the Hall of Fame in general I think Demolition should be inducted. It's been long overdue.

I wonder about the headliner though, is there anyone who makes sense in this category who has also a link to Dallas/ Texas?

Demolition is a good shout mate

Owen Hart will be going in it seems. They've got the right to market him without his wifes permission now, so I imagine he'll be straight in. The nWo were supposed to go in, but there's no chance of that now. Unless they pretend Virgil was the 3rd man.

Bret Hart suggested putting all the Hart Foundation in together, but I just couldnt imagine. 3 dead blokes and Jim Neidhart (who never turns up anywhere without the crack pipe) going in at the same time? There's surely zero chance there.

Not seen anything about Owen would be good, like you say not sure about Hart Foundation

• Paid Members

They could really do with a high profile non-dead, non-mental headliner that can actually deliver a decent acceptance speech. Michael Hayes could do that on behalf of the Freebirds, but I can't really see them as the headline induction in 2016. It would also seem weird to induct the nWo as a group so soon after Hall and Nash's individual inductions and I guess the Hogan situation will have put that idea to bed anyway, although it would be a way to get X-Pac in if they wanted to do that. I think they are going to need the Undertaker, going in the night before his retirement match just as Flair did in '08.

Off the top of me head, I'll just throw a couple out of there;

Lex Luger (isn't he still on the WWE payroll backstage?)

Edge and Christian (arguably the greatest tag team ever and now both have retired, they should be straight in)

Owen Hart (long overdue)

British Bulldog (long overdue)

Haku (seeing as he's on the new game, it's a possibility now)

Big Show (who I think they will retire at the Rumble, as they're starting to address the crowd chants)

William Regal (given he's on their staff with NXT as well as an established pro, they could throw him in)

Non wrestlers;

Eric Bischoff (was as vital to the Monday Night Wars as Vince was)

Earl Hebner (as long as he's not still with TNA)

Jonathan Coachman (just to create some buzz in the media and especially on ESPN)

• Paid Members

I'd put Kid in. He was a legitimate game-changer and all his mates are in. Show him pinning Razor, show him fucking around with the Outsiders, show him in DX. He pisses on quite a few people that are in there already. I mean metaphorically pisses, not actually pisses on them. Although he had that in his locker too.

Seen both Muta & Liger mentioned, Liger certainly more of a chance given his current relationship & Muta's recent TNA links.

You can't discount Muta just because he pissed about with TNA a while back. They inducted The Four Horsemen, including Ric Flair (obviously) in 2012 while Flair was actually under contract to TNA. TNA literally means nothing to them.

After the 1991 lawsuit I don't think Vince would like to put any money in Bill "Ax" Eadie's pockets. Crush is dead. You can't very well have Repo Man up there by himself.

Earl Hebner (as long as he's not still with TNA)

Earl Hebner who they sacked for stealing t-shirts?

Haku is a good pick. So underrated. I'd like to see him get inducted into the HOF.

Owen def deserves to be in the HOF, but it's always a bit so/so when they induct someone who passed away and someone else gives the speech etc. Sweet and sour at the same time.

Haku is a good pick. So underrated. I'd like to see him get inducted into the HOF.

Owen def deserves to be in the HOF, but it's always a bit so/so when they induct someone who passed away and someone else gives the speech etc. Sweet and sour at the same time.

Probably have Bret accept it for him. 

• Paid Members

I say it every year when we do this thread: Jim Johnston should be in the Hall of Fame.

Bunny Christ, yes. Played a massive role in the presentation of many iconic performers. It seems so obvious now I've seen it.

• Paid Members

I think it's got to be Taker. Don't see any reason why he has to retire first given that the Hall has no particular criteria. He's more than worthy and more than ready and if they want, they can still wheel him out.

Taker, Freebirds, Owen, Regal, X-Pac, Haku, Christian would make a healthy, varied, non-racist selection.

• Paid Members

I dont think there's a chance Jim Johnston is ever going in. I dont think he's appreciated in the company, from what's been said over the years. He's "just the music guy." Like Howard Finkle is "just the ring announcer." I mean the Fink went in, but they made a joke of his induction just to get one more dig in him like they always do. The Warrior wanted Jimmy Miranda in there this year and they were like "fuck that." Zane Bresloff should be in there as well. Wrestling might be so much different today if he was still alive. He was a major reason why WCW became a massive success.

Archived