Hunted

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I could have stuck this in the TV thread but not only did I want to discuss the program, I wanted to do what everyone is doing and ask - what would you do if you were suddenly being chased and had to go on the run?

I cannot believe how many of the fugitives write down all their passwords. And the blonde one who keeps calling home is doing my head in. Had to laugh at the two ladies who got caught. One of them was acting like she was actually under arrest.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed last night's episode but I was a bit narked that it wasn't live as it would make it a lot more exciting.

I would love to divulge my plans, but if they are making another series I want to have a crack on it so I don't particularly want to leave my game plan on show!

There was a similar show a few year's back called Wanted that was live. The problem is that then changes it to having all of the public looking for the contestant (I think they did rewards as well), which is more realistic for fugitives but makes it much harder to play.

More details at: http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/oldott/www.offthetelly.co.uk/index88d1.html?page_id=993

Nice piece here on how it was made and the rules: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hunted/articles/all/hunted-the-makings-of-a-manhunt

Where legally possible the hunters utilised the same methods of surveillance employed by the state, including open source intelligence, cyber expertise and interrogating friends and family. When the Hunters did not legally have access to those powers, the powers have been closely and carefully replicated... Over 800 Freedom of Information requests were submitted to establish the location of state owned CCTV cameras positioned throughout the UK mainland. When real footage couldn’t be obtained, our cameras captured footage which would have been available to the state and was stored on a central database (Gold Command) until requested by the hunters.

• Paid Members

I’ve given this some thought as I actually applied for the programme! Obviously my comparing myself to Batman wasn’t what the producers were looking for :(

My approach would be to pick up my passport, empty my bank account, and lose my phone so my travel would be “off the grid”. I’d head to the airport, get the next flight out (paid for in cash). My hope being, the people chasing me weren’t the police and that if my name were to flag up on whatever surveillance system they were using, I’d be long gone and either in the air, or already on the ground at the other side. And this is where my imagination ends, as I’m not sure what I’d then do if I did manage to make it to another country!

• Paid Members

I’ve given this some thought as I actually applied for the programme! Obviously my comparing myself to Batman wasn’t what the producers were looking for :(

Because you spend most of your free time in a cave and have an unusual relationship with an elderly friend of your parents?

Because you spend most of your free time in a cave and have an unusual relationship with an elderly friend of your parents?

Because you're a billionaire playboy who spends time fighting mentally ill people?

• Paid Members

Surely if you've any inkling that you may need go on the run, you'd have cash. Not have to go to an ATM. And then you want to stay off the streets as much a possible, staying at an address that isn't linked to you. Don't use your Oyster card, bank card, smartphone. It'd be a good idea to destroy any devices you're not taking with you and any hard drives.

You would have to hide in a village somewhere away from towns & cities full of CCTV cameras. Try disguise or change your appearance as much as possible and pretty much stay somewhere that isn't linked to you or rent a room at a private hotel or something paying in cash. Perhaps travelling at night to keep undercover. Not sure how you would keep earning unless you was a good gambler and had a good disguise when going into bookies, assuming you had no history of you doing anything of the sort.

Surely if you've any inkling that you may need go on the run, you'd have cash. Not have to go to an ATM. And then you want to stay off the streets as much a possible, staying at an address that isn't linked to you. Don't use your Oyster card, bank card, smartphone. It'd be a good idea to destroy any devices you're not taking with you and any hard drives.

You probably won't take a camera crew along with you either.

• Paid Members

Straight to Bramley Training Area for me.

An old ammo store converted into an army and police training venue. Plenty of buildings to take cover in, rabbits, deer, pheasants absolutely everywhere. A small reservoir thats good for fishing.

To survive a month would be easy I reckon

• Paid Members

Straight to Bramley Training Area for me.

An old ammo store converted into an army and police training venue. Plenty of buildings to take cover in, rabbits, deer, pheasants absolutely everywhere. A small reservoir thats good for fishing.

To survive a month would be easy I reckon

Is security really that lapse?

Archived