Jimmy Snuka to be charged with murder

Callum1993

• Paid Members

Here's Vince's role in the case:

By all accounts in police records and recent interviews with those involved in the case, McMahon and the WWF were fully cooperative with the police investigation. On May 27, 1983, The Morning Call reported that District Attorney William Platt, now a Pennsylvania Senior Superior Court judge, said the investigation into Nancy’s death was nearly complete. “It’s just a matter of getting everybody together,” Platt was quoted as saying, referring to the investigators and attorneys involved in the case, according to the article.

Five days later, on June 1, 1983, Snuka and McMahon met with Platt, then-Assistant District Attorney Robert Steinberg and Mihalakis, the medical examiner, in the DA’s office law library. Whitehall Police Detectives Gerry Procanyn, Al Fritzinger and Vincent Geiger were also at the meeting, according to police records. There’s no official record of what was said and Snuka doesn’t remember much of what happened, according to his book. “All I remember is [McMahon] had a briefcase with him,” Snuka wrote in his autobiography. “I don’t know what happened. …The only thing I know for sure is I didn’t hurt Nancy.”

Steinberg, now a Lehigh County judge, said Snuka didn’t say much and McMahon “did all the talking.” “I remember Vince McMahon being what Vince McMahon has always been — very effusive. He was very protective, a showman,” Steinberg said, noting he couldn’t recall specifics of the conversation. “He was the mouthpiece, trying to direct the conversation.”

Procanyn said McMahon gave authorities the phone numbers of wrestlers and managers they wanted to speak with. Fritzinger could not be reached for comment and Geiger died in 1984. Platt wouldn’t comment when asked if Whitehall police pushed for charges to be filed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, basically Vince was doing his best to smooth talk one of his decent earners out of trouble? That I can believe. It sounds to me as though the whole situation was a clusterfuck though, with Nancy dying a while after the actual incident took place, right? This coupled with Snuka playing stupid and changing his story every five minutes probably meant there was no way of getting a conviction.

I still don't buy the idea of McMahon being the Jimmy Saville of New York though.

My point wasn't that Vince had undue influence Jimmy Saville style, it's that it's not entirely unbelievable that he had undue influence in ONE case when we know someone managed to have it for 20 years over here.

• Paid Members

What I'm getting from this thread is, maybe all those wrestler deaths arent all related to drugs. It might have been a cover up. Maybe they cross Vince and then he gets Sgt Slaughter to go round and throw the chip pan in their face. Seems a bit funny that Piper and Vince have a falling out and then Piper is no longer breathing a few weeks after.

Although on the flip side, I'm sure Billy Graham would have been dead 10 times over by now if Vince was Phil and Grant rolled into one.

• Paid Members

Billy Graham would be dead 10 times by now if he died every time he said he was about to die.

If you believe wrestlers & rock stars, 90% of the worlds doctors shouldn't be practicing because they know less than Jon Snow.

"They said I'd never wrestle again".

"They said I'd never walk again".

"They said 'You should be dead - nobody can take that many drugs'".

"They said I should have died 5 times - I defied all known physics & medicine"

By the sounds of it Vince did nothing out of the ordinary, but since we'll never know for sure I'm just going to continue thinking he paid them off and it was all well dodgy. Fuck it, it's wrestling. This is where I come when I don't care about things making sense

As far as Snuka goes, he's already lived his life. Reopening the case now seems like a waste of time. It's a waste of taxpayers money to make the last couple of years miserable for a cancer patient.

• Paid Members

That last bit is bollocks mate. He quite possibly killed a woman 32 years ago and her family have suffered for that long, never received a penny after he was found guilty in a wrongful death suit over 30 years ago. It's not a waste, nuts to him being a cancer patient, he was also a massive cokehead who is possibly a murderer, but hey ho, he's lived his life! Stop talking shite.

Archived