Luckiest/Unluckiest Wrestlers Ever

Liam O'Rourke

You were the perfect target audience! I always remembered it as being three heel groups fighting each other, but watching that, the white power group were babyfaces? This whole thing happened during the time I was only watching Livewire or Mania or whatever, so I'm not sure how much of it I even saw at the time. I've got very little recollection of Ahmed Johnson being in the Nation.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

He was in the Nation for like a month and a half. Blink and you'd have missed it. And yes, the black and the brown were the dirty heels, white supremacists the heroes blazing to the ring on their roaring two wheeled steeds.

• Paid Members

Crush turning up on Nitro after being given his walking papers on TV by Kane and immediately being given an nWo shirt was the first time foolish teenage Raid thought "OK, so at this point they'll put fucking anyone in it."

That's right, Konan and Curt Hennig had made sense to me at the time. I even tolerated Vicious & Delicious. Actually "tolerated" is unfair, I legitimately found Buffy hilarious.

• Paid Members

13 year old Butch thought Buff Bagwell was a surefire star of the future. I used to do his strut for my goal celebration when I played from Cefn Druids U14s.

I personally done the Jeff Jarrett strut. Only all scored penaltys and my team was shite so we were always losing. I must off looked like a right we dickhead kid celebrating when we where getting be 7-1. We where so shit quite often other teams would let us just play out 3 subs as well so we would have 14 players. Still Double J strut

• Paid Members

Crush turning up on Nitro after being given his walking papers on TV by Kane and immediately being given an nWo shirt was the first time foolish teenage Raid thought "OK, so at this point they'll put fucking anyone in it."

Yeah, they brought him in as Bret Hart's pal too, right up at the top of the card, which was fecking odd.

13 year old Butch thought Buff Bagwell was a surefire star of the future. I used to do his strut for my goal celebration when I played from Cefn Druids U14s.

I can't confess to having done the strut but I did also think Buff was on his way towards the main events. I'm not really sure what happened either - he could have really been something when he returned from his neck injury. A run-away ego, an annoying mother and crappy booking seem to have been what held him back.

Butch, I so badly wish you'd got your nomination in a few hours before you did, any chance to rip on the Harris Boys on the show I'll gladly take. Stunning how they got to have a job in so many instances despite being the most useless team ever.

Just want to thank everybody for their suggestions, we got to read a lot of them on the show, which is now available to listen to at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/peru2y/SCGRadio53-TheLuckiestandUnluckiestWrestlersEver.mp3

Join the panel as we talk the luckiest and unluckiest wrestlers in the history of the business, discussing the careers of Kevin Nash, Daniel Bryan, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Ahmed Johnson, Mr. Kennedy, Sid, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Ted DiBiase, Brutus Beefcake, Jake Roberts, and yes, Triple H, as well as many more! A really fun show this week as break down the chance elements that led many to their destinations, check it out~!

I admire how brazen this is. I know it may not be a common opinion, but in 1997 I thought Buff had real potential. It was only after the broken neck I thought his work hit the skids.

• Paid Members

Babyface turn killed him. He was a smug arrogant tosser whose gimmick was "smug arrogant tosser." Injured or not, no way should Marcus have ever been positioned as a good guy.

Archived