Be there friend or not?

Zookmaster

They moved away with his new gf and didn't tell me till I called them months later. Main thing is he is friends with a couple of guys who hates me and I hate then He invites one of the guys to his birthday party and didn't even invite me. Months later he attends a wedding with the douchebags and I've not heard from him for months. I always remember the good times but then these things make me feel like I shouldn't really call again.

Not that I've actually gone to his party every year but it was odd considering I hadn't seen him for months. Later on in April he said we should meet up its been awhile missed me etc and we met up. Then months later both us never called eachother and then he went away to on a vacation with the guy who hates me and a few others former friends.

• Paid Members

What would you do though?

It's hard to say without knowing more details. How long have you known him? Why do his other mates hate you?

For what it's worth, I regularly go months without seeing some of my mates. It's just a natural consequence of getting older and having other commitments (job, wife, kids). I've never considered, like, formally stopping being friends with them though. I mean, what are you actually asking here? Are you really going to say "I'm not your friend anymore" if he phones and invites you out for a pint or something?

From what you've posted, I'd suggest that you might need to calm down a bit and not take things so personally. Why are you acting like him doing stuff with his other mates is an insult to you?

• Paid Members

You weren't wearing the trainers you wanted to return when you went back into the shop were you - Sorry, wrong amusing thread.

Honestly, make up your own mind.  If he's not made contact and you have tried then your answer is in front of you.   As stated previously, I'm pretty sure you can deal with this yourself.

or

Kneecap the cunt.

They moved away with his new gf and didn't tell me till I called them months later.

So You didn't know he had moved until you tried to call him months later? He can't be that great a friend if you hadn't been in contact for months anyway before you realised he had moved. 

Main thing is he is friends with a couple of guys who hates me and I hate then He invites one of the guys to his birthday party and didn't even invite me

Does he know u don't get along with the other guys? If he does then sounds like he didn't want the awkwardness of having 2 sets of friends not getting along and In which case as harsh as it sounds he obviously seems to be better friends with them  

Months later he attends a wedding with the douchebags and I've not heard from him for months.

Were You invited to this wedding? He and these rival friends of yours obviously were so you would surely expect it is perfectly normal he would go with them wouldn't you think  

I always remember the good times but then these things make me feel like I shouldn't really call again.

It sounds like you didn't call much if at all anyway, Twice previously you've already said you went months without contact

Not that I've actually gone to his party every year but it was odd considering I hadn't seen him for months

Whats odd about that? You don't always go to his party yet got annoyed he DIDN'T invite you? Don't you think the reason he DIDN'T invite you was because you don't go anyway?

And AGAIN you went months without seeing him

Later on in April he said we should meet up its been awhile missed me etc and we met up. Then months later both us never called eachother and then he went away to on a vacation with the guy who hates me and a few others former friends.

MONTHS later again and You didn't call each other, whats stopping you in all this from being the one to make contact? He went away on vacation with these rivals which as above suggests he is closer friends to these guys then he is too you

From what you've said and described about youre relationship with this guy it sounds like you arn't exactly friends anyway and more childhood friends (assuming thats how you know him) who have drfited apart through life and are no more then acquaintances at this stage anyway.

What exactly are you asking anyway? What are you going to do differently in life if we tell you not to be friends, it sounds like you had little to no contact anyway, are you planning to call him if the appropriate Months have gone by yet and tell him you are no longer friends? 

Archived