The Yorkshire Wrestling Discussion Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

I wasn't able to make the TIDAL show last Sunday due to 'real life' commitments elsewhere, but you can bet I'll be there on 13/3 for the penultimate Stylus show, and there's a damn good chance I might decide to choose the final show there on 24/4 over PROGRESS that same day too...

Isn't the Progress show in April on 10/4/2016?
The next Manchester one is. There's a Camden one on 24/4.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't able to make the TIDAL show last Sunday due to 'real life' commitments elsewhere, but you can bet I'll be there on 13/3 for the penultimate Stylus show, and there's a damn good chance I might decide to choose the final show there on 24/4 over PROGRESS that same day too...

Isn't the Progress show in April on 10/4/2016?

The next Manchester one is. The Camden one is 24/4.

Ahhh that makes sense. Thought i'd screwed my dates up there lol. I'm doing PCW Springslam, Wales Comic Con, and Tidal that weekend. So should be decent.

Our next event is the Marty Jones invitational tournament and Wrestlemania after-party at Fibbers York!

12716163_1267723509910361_77289049658354

Event page with info and matches can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1561678267479191/

Tickets available at Ringside World:

• 1 month later...

Finally announced last night that Tidal wrestling are moving to the 02 Academy in Leeds as from the 24th July. On closer inspection on the site i am guessing they will be situated in the smaller 400 capacity room but i am certainly looking forward to how they do in the new place.

Last night's show for me was as decent as a show you will see this year. Just variety all around and random matches which Tidal like to put on.

Highlights included:

War Machine beating CJ Banks and Tyler Bate in one of them 10 minute pasting's that used to happen on Wrestling Challenge. 

Liam Lazarus beating Joseph Connors which rivaled there last encounter in Tidal (Which can be found on Youtube)

HT Drake beating Dalton Castle, Drake is sort of next in line for a title shot.

The Proven beating The New Nation for the tag titles.

1 shame - the lift wasn't used :(

• 1 month later...

Any results from NGWs show last night in Hull?

Couldn't make it due to some stupid work 'do' but show looked awesome!

Full results are on

https://wrestleropesuk.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/new-generation-wrestling-ultimate-showdown-2016-full-results/

Just to add I've been going to NGW since the Eastmount Centre days and I have to say Haskins vs Callihan was the best match the match I've witnessed at the company

Any results from NGWs show last night in Hull?

Couldn't make it due to some stupid work 'do' but show looked awesome!

Full results are on

https://wrestleropesuk.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/new-generation-wrestling-ultimate-showdown-2016-full-results/

Just to add I've been going to NGW since the Eastmount Centre days and I have to say Haskins vs Callihan was the best match the match I've witnessed at the company

Bugger! Knew I should have blown off this work gig and gone!

In what appears to have been a blink-and-miss occurrence, British Wrestling Weekend returned for Season 3 yesterday. And it looks different. For one, NGW now forms part of the title, so in case there was any doubt it was a one company show, that is gone.

Plus, online it is WhatCulture who releases the episodes. Television-wise, it remains on local stations here but internationally on the Fight Network.

It's a very energetic and effective season premiere. I'd recommend it.

https://youtu.be/5ya1AuJoO5I

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to the Southside show in Sheffield on Sunday the 10th of July? They've got Billy Gunn, D'Lo Brown, DJ Z, Sami Callihan and Tommy End. Early start due to the Euro finals.

Billy Gunn vs Joseph Conners

Sami Callihan vs Tommy End

DJ Z vs Mark Haskins

D'Lo Brown/Martin Kirby vs Joey Hayes/Danny Hope

Shane Strickland vs El Ligero vs Robbie X vs Dan Moloney

Ryan Smile/Damian Dunne vs Stixx/Chris Tyler

Kay Lee Ray vs Nixon Newell vs Kasey Owens vs Alex Windsor

The Sheffield shows don't seem to get much love, but April was great. Corp really is a special venue.

• 3 weeks later...

ONLY 50 TICKETS REMAINING FOR SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING PRESENTS: INFAMOUS - 10/07/2016, SHEFFIELD

PURCHASE TICKETS @ RINGSIDEWORLD.CO.UK: http://www.ringsideworld.co.uk/event896_southside-wrestling-presents-infamous.php

13124770_1184627688254039_56453408868570

Join us once again at our home in Sheffield - Corporation

Doors 2pm - Show 3pm

As usual we will be showcasing the very best action seen in Yorkshire as we return for our 3rd show there in 2016.

Joining us this time is none other than former WWE star Billy Gunn , TNA star DJ Z and former WWE NXT talent Sami Callihan plus just added former WWE & TNA star D-Lo Brown.

CARD SO FAR

International Dream match
TOMMY END v SAMI CALLIHAN ...

Southside Heavyweight title match
JOSEPH CONNERS v BILLY GUNN

Tag Team title match
SECOND CITY COLLECTIVE © v STIXX & FLIPS

Queen of Southside no1 contenders match
KAY LEE RAY v NIXON v ALEX WINDSOR v KASEY OWENS

4 way dance
DAN MOLONEY v EL LIGERO v SHANE STRICKLAND v ROBBIE X

Tag Team action
D-LO BROWN & MARTIN KIRBY v THE MODELS

We urge to buy early as with a line up this great we are confident of selling out - tickets on sale now !

Archived