Wrestlers who 'buried' others

Snitsky's back acne

Following on from the 'made' thread, but all about wrestlers who have completely buried their opponents (no Undertaker puns, please) be it through a deliberately crappy ring performance, angles or promos etc.

Not a bury job per se but JBL certainly sandbagged Batista after he had come off his hot feud with HHH and made the matches between the two look shit in comparison.

HHH's ridiculously long wait to pin Booker T at a WrestleMania and previous 'people like you' interviews completely buried Booker T in lots of peoples opinions.

So, yeah, notable bury jobs. Discuss.

The Booker T match is just the worst, completely doesn't help that King is a total cunt on commentary all the way through, JR has to tell him to shut up about 8 times, then no comeuppance of any sort.

• Paid Members

I thought Triple H completely smashing through Sheamus like he was a complete and total loser on the SmackDown after Elimination Chamber 2011 made the latter look like such a dispensable scrub that it essentially wrote him off as worthless for the rest of the year. I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought it was completely senseless and unnecessary and was amazed they successfully rehabilitated Sheamus that people took him seriously again. Well, for a bit.

Yeah the Booker T is is always the one that comes to mind. It probably wasn't a Triple H decision I don't think, more a racist Vince against WCW decision...

..and I suppose not intentional and sorry to be the guy that brings up Cena but him v the Nexus at Summerslam killed them.

Any time Triple H worked with Randy Orton.

Unforgiven 2004, Royal Rumble 2005, WrestleMania 25, Backlash 2008. All victories where Orton was made to look like shit.

Also overshadowing during his last title reign where he was supposed to be the face of the company.

WWE buried Ryback during his feud with cena by having him lose at like 4 straight PPV's.... He wouldn't be a great champ at that time but it would have been good to see Cena lose it to him and win it back in a great match. And WWE were even throwing Ryback at us and he was over as hell with the crowd. Instead, Ryback kept losing and losing and losing

Also, Cena buring Barrett - again a WWE decision but why couldn't they have Barrett just win clean over Cena as he was a new star to the roster it would have elevated him massively.

• Paid Members

Taker and DDP?

Its hard to say taker did it or the office told him to do it. Who ever was to blame Page was made to look like a total utter chump, he never got over it

Id also chuck in HBK "FUCKING MOVE" to Vader, Im sure i heard from Vader or Corny that HBK threatend to get vader fired to

WWE buried Ryback during his feud with cena by having him lose at like 4 straight PPV's....

Yeah, Ryback was on fire before he feuded with Cena. Only he wasn't though, was he? He'd been every cunt's punching bag for six months before that. You'd have to have a pretty big mong-on for Cena to think that was where the wheels came off the Ryback train.

WWE buried Ryback during his feud with cena by having him lose at like 4 straight PPV's....

Yeah, Ryback was on fire before he feuded with Cena. Only he wasn't though, was he? He'd been every cunt's punching bag for six months before that. You'd have to have a pretty big mong-on for Cena to think that was where the wheels came off the Ryback train.

Ryback was fucked because they didn't want to take the belt off Punk but had no stars. So ryback got the nod to feud with the champ but wasn't allowed to win. So the hot new star became a loser in his first attempt at being the man. And his second attempt. And all future attempts thereafter. As stated above, it wasn't cena. It was, as usual, the shitty booking and now, now, now attitude.

• Paid Members

Hardly the most prominent but one that really bugged me was when Triple H was "feuding" with Carlito (the one where the stipulation was basically "Carlito can bring a tank!"), while London and Kendrick where feuding with Cade and Murdoch. Trips beat Cade and Murdoch in a handicap match and then got a three on one beating until London and Kendrick ran in for the save. Instead of this setting up a six man the next week, Triple H Pedigreed the blokes who just helped him, shitting on them and their storyline and basically telling the audience that they were worthless.

Granted, none of that four were ever likely to headline Wrestlemania but, still, it was just so counterproductive and unnecessary. It didn't help Triple H in the slightest but it undid everything WWE had been trying to do to re-establish the tag division. What on earth was the point?

Archived