UFC 191: Johnson vs Dodson 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

What do you mean by a charmed life?

It's tough to say with Manuwa. He killed everyone on the UK scene and rightfully has a place in the UFC, he's just one of those guys who probably aint at top 10 level. His style and popularity are probably working against him at the moment as its getting him fights he isnt ready for, but there's no real shame in losing to Rumble & Gusty. I think the wrestling in the Rumble fight really threw him off too.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What do you mean by a charmed life?

It's tough to say with Manuwa. He killed everyone on the UK scene and rightfully has a place in the UFC, he's just one of those guys who probably aint at top 10 level. His style and popularity are probably working against him at the moment as its getting him fights he isnt ready for, but there's no real shame in losing to Rumble & Gusty. I think the wrestling in the Rumble fight really threw him off too.

Just right place at the right time. Nobody else for Rumble to fight. A card in the UK that it made sense to book him on against Gusty etc.

Agree with you about loses to Rumble and Gusty being nothing to be ashamed about. Maybe I'm being harsh. Just, having not seen anything of him outside of the UFC, he's never really looked that good to me.

• Paid Members

Of all the live UFC I've been to, Manuwa's strikes against Kingsbury remain some of the hardest and most brutal I've ever seen. He looked like a killer that night. But yeah, both times he's been in there with top level guys he's been made to look leagues below them.

I like the idea of him against Rampage. They're evenly ranked, Rampage is clearly on the downside of his career, both guys will want to keep it standing and it'll probably be a lot of fun whilst it lasts. It'd make a nice opener on a pay per view card.

• Paid Members

You will probably remember I said the same thing Supremo regarding Manuwa and Nottingham. I can still even vividly recall that cracking sound even now.

However, for me Manuwa is just too a one dimensional fighter. He rarely puts combinations together or flurries. It's always just one punch or one kick and never follows it up for the kill. He's too stagnant as well. 

• Paid Members

Manuwa broke Kingsbury's face that night. It was one of the most brutal beatings I've watched in MMA. Watching MMA all the time, you kind of get desensitised sometimes to the violence and the pain these guys must go through. Then you watch a fight like Manuwa vs Kingsbury or Teixeira vs Maldonado and you think 'Fuck! This is a bit much'.

kingsbu-eye.jpg

200x200xkingsbury-eye-2HEADER-200x200.jp

Manuwa's no world beater but he'll hang around a while yet, I reckon. And yeah, he'll float around that top 15. People forget, 205 isn't a deep division. Like MOM says, you've got about 30 fighters in that weight class. I'd say a good 10 of them are pretty shit. Then you've got a few fading legends there like Shogun, Rampage and Little Nog. Rashad's a big question mark because of all his time out and he's not exactly a spring chicken.

You've got a handful of guys at the top who are great fighters and in-form;

Jon Jones (if he ever "gets his shit together")

Daniel Cormier

Alexander Gustafsson

Anthony Johnson

Glover Teixeira

Depending on how they look in upcoming fights you could add a Rashad Evans, Ryan Bader or Ovince St Preux to that list. But that's it as far as top fighters go at 205. Six or seven guys. I think Manuwa has a good shot at anyone below that level. I'd favour him over the current versions of Shogun and Nog, as sad as that is for me to admit. I'd give him a good shot at Rampage as well. So I can see him sticking around that top 10-15 range for a bit, to be honest.

Archived