UFC 191: Johnson vs Dodson 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mir does win, what the fuck do you do with him then?

The winner of a possible Struve vs Bigfoot fight?

Mir beat Silva in February of this year, no point having that fight again.

If Struve wins it could be a viable match up if they don't want to throw him in there with a top guy.

• Paid Members

Nah I think we might get Struve vs Cro Cop next. That's got European Fight Night headliner written all over it.

If Mir beats Arlovski he should be higher up the ladder than Struve or Bigfoot anyway, so fighting either of them would be a bit of a step backwards IMO. For me, the winner of Arlovski vs Mir has the best case for a title shot.

And I'd go with Bigfoot vs the winner of Barnett/Nelson.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm kind of just waiting for the wheels to fall off this Arlovski resurgence. It's almost too good to be true.

I think Arlovski wins though. Despite his history of not having a good chin, he's got the advantages style-wise in this one, I reckon. Mir's obviously the better grappler but Arlovski's always had really good takedown defence. And on the feet he's a way better striker technically, although Mir has power. I think Mir's going to struggle getting a takedown and he's got no more than a puncher's chance on the feet IMO.

Arlovski's chin though. You just never know. It's held up in recent fights but I'm never confident. He's been put out too many times in his career for me to be really confident in picking him.

Fuck it, Arlovski KO/TKO within two rounds.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm kind of just waiting for the wheels to fall off this Arlovski resurgence. It's almost too good to be true.

I think Arlovski wins though. Despite his history of not having a good chin, he's got the advantages style-wise in this one, I reckon. Mir's obviously the better grappler but Arlovski's always had really good takedown defence. And on the feet he's a way better striker technically, although Mir has power. I think Mir's going to struggle getting a takedown and he's got no more than a puncher's chance on the feet IMO.

Arlovski's chin though. You just never know. It's held up in recent fights but I'm never confident. He's been put out too many times in his career for me to be really confident in picking him.

Fuck it, Arlovski KO/TKO within two rounds.

Judging by the shape he looked in for his last fight. I reckon there's a decent chance that Mir fades quickly too.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Mir's always had shite cardio, even when he was looking in good shape. He's a three minute man (that's what his wife says). Now in that three minutes he's fucking lethal, especially if it hits the ground, but after that it's like he's fighting in treacle.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Mir's always had shite cardio, even when he was looking in good shape. He's a three minute man (that's what his wife says). Now in that three minutes he's fucking lethal, especially if it hits the ground, but after that it's like he's fighting in treacle.

Are you still talking about Mir in the sack here?

• Paid Members

Apparently, Demetrious Johnson wanted to defend his title against Henry Cejudo.

Here's an article from the Las Vegas Sun on that, Johnson vs Dodson 2 and their dislike for each other;

When Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson informed the UFC he next wanted to fight on the pay-per-view scheduled for Sept. 5, the flyweight champion also offered some ideas on how to build the card.

The promotion took none of Johnson’s advice — not even on his own fight.

Johnson suggested undefeated former Olympic wrestler Henry Cejudo for his seventh title defense. The UFC instead booked a rematch with John Dodson, whom Johnson beat by unanimous decision in January 2013, as the main event of UFC 191 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“Sometimes, you need a new story,” Johnson said about his preference for Cejudo. “This story with Dodson, it’s already been done. It’s played with. We already went across that bridge and were successful with it. ... But the UFC has their way of doing things, and Mighty Mouse has his way of doing things.”

The UFC’s methodology is running smooth lately, with back-to-back highly successful pay-per-views. Johnson vs. Dodson II won’t reach the heights of UFC 189 and UFC 190, but their fight does share a common characteristic with the headliners of those two events — pre-fight conflict.

Johnson won’t partake in any Conor McGregor-style theatrics or carry a Ronda Rousey-like vendetta into the octagon, but he doesn’t have anything nice to say about Dodson either. He considered Dodson among the only opponents he’s ever had that he wasn’t friendly with afterward.

“I just don’t care for him,” Johnson said. “I might find him irritating sometimes, and I don’t want to hang out with irritating people. That’s just how I am.”

It’s not difficult to see how the opponents’ personalities may clash. While the champion promoted UFC 190 tickets going on sale last week in Las Vegas and tried to stay cordial concerning his opponent, the challenger made the rounds in Los Angeles with the opposite approach.

Dodson held nothing back in taking aim at Johnson.

“DJ has been a plague in our division, keeping us from our stardom,” Dodson said on Fox Sports 1’s “UFC Tonight.” “We’re the true talent. The lighter classes are more technical, we’re very fast and we have better movement. I’m going to shut him down with power. I did it the first time, and I’ll do it again.”

Dodson is the only fighter to knock Johnson down during the champion’s reign, flooring him with a left hand in the second round at UFC on Fox 6.

Johnson has started revisiting their first fight to scout for UFC 191. Looking back, it’s not the knockdown that surprised Johnson but the aftermath, where he accused Dodson of constantly backing up and not being aggressive enough to take advantage.

“It’s a lot of me chasing him, trying to get to him,” Johnson said.

Dodson followed the loss to Johnson with two knockout victories before suffering a knee injury that kept him out for nearly a year. Johnson was prepared to meet Dodson if he impressed in his comeback at UFC 187 earlier this year.

Dodson only slipped past Zach Makovsky, however, in a unanimous-decision win (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) some thought he lost. Johnson didn’t think it was enough to merit a title shot.

But the champion realizes the Dodson matchup is the more realistic of the two options that fans prefer. Many are clamoring for Johnson to move up and fight bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw in a superfight, but a recent conversation with UFC President Dana White showed a steep financial divide.

Johnson told White he was ready to take the fight for a $2 million purse.

“Dude, I can’t give you what doesn’t come in,” White answered, according to Johnson, who oohed and responded, 'Well, business discussion over. Have a nice day, Dana.'”

Johnson took the rejection in stride. It’s not the only time he hasn’t gotten what he’s wanted.

Seeing Dodson across the cage at UFC 191 will be another.

“That being said, I knew it would happen,” Johnson said of the rematch. “It was inevitable, and here we are.”

• Paid Members

What a nobhead he is, talking about himself in 3rd person too.

Haha, I was just about to say that. 

That article really makes Johnson, who i thought was a tit anyway, really come across as a grade A bell end. I don't like Dodson either, but I hope he knocks the little scrote out cold. 

$2m to a fight Dillashaw? What's he smoking?

The only saving grace with the whole thing is if he's purposefully trying to be a tit in order to create some column inches for himself? If it is then I guess it's working. 

• Paid Members

Eh, I don't mind him. The third person stuff, unless it's 1998 and you're The Rock, is shit. Apart from that I think he seems sound enough, if not a bit dull.

The Dillashaw/$2 mil thing is silly talk though. Sadly, like Dana apparently said to him, you don't get paid like that unless the numbers you bring in justify it. And Mighty Mouse just doesn't, and I hate this phrase - 'move the needle' enough to warrant a $2 million pay day.

I still want to see him fuck Dodson up though. Can't bear the irritating little prick.

Archived