TETSUJIN - Shoot Style Wrestling - Friday 20th November

SundayFalsies

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

We sincerely apologise for the delay with these. The original plan was to have these go out at the same time or before the WrestleCrate ones. We endeavoured to make our version a little more unique but there's obviously been a hold up.

Thank you for your patience and rest assured we are working on this.

To be honest the fact that you gave the dvd to wrestlecrate is a bit off a slap in the face to those who Pre ordered.We are the ones who gave you our money directly, as soon as you announced the release. So we were first to pay, yet have still not received anything.  I think we would off been better off giving our money to wrestlecrate. Then I would at least have my dvd. I was trying to support you for doing something different and this is the thanks we get?

To be honest the fact that you gave the dvd to wrestlecrate is a bit off a slap in the face to those who Pre ordered.We are the ones who gave you our money directly, as soon as you announced the release. So we were first to pay, yet have still not received anything. I think we would off been better off giving our money to wrestlecrate. Then I would at least have my dvd. I was trying to support you for doing something different and this is the thanks we get?

Have to agree with this. Very frustrating, especially knowing people who didn't have much/any interest have a copy and long before those that pre ordered.

I was at the show and it was one of the best shows I'd attended in 2015, a wonderful night of wrestling.

To be honest the people who bought the wrestlecrate pack have not been that bothered over the dvd, i have seen the dvd on ebay at least on 3 different occasions and i have seen them on a few selling groups on facebook too.

I've not pre ordered this from the company direct but i agree with the people above. The people who pre ordered the dvds direct should of got this dvd first, and the extras they are talking about i bet most people are not bothered about.

To the guys who are waiting i've watched the dvd from wrestlecrate and it will be worth the wait, hopefully you will get it soon.

I'm willing to forgive them on this, it's their first time doing something like this and I know how easy it is to fall behind on good intentions.

Getting included in something like wrestlecrate can be exciting, so you forge forward on it, but then you don't want the pre-orders to feel special so you create extra content; that then stretches out so that you're delayed and you end up in this situation.

Looking forward to getting it, and feeling a little put out that others got it before I did when I pre-ordered, but I can imagine myself falling into that trap if I'd been in charge, so hopefully a "lessons learned" for the future.

I went very up and down on this DVD.

The video and audio quality aren't great, comparable to the DVD stuff British wrestling companies were putting out eight years ago, but it wasn't expensive and it's perfectly watchable so I'm happy enough in regards to that.

I wasn't sure going in if the concept of worked shoot would do anything for me, and I'm still not sure by the conclusion of it. In the right hands it was incredibly fun, and the show is worth watching for Tommy End vs Big Daddy Walter alone, but there were maybe a couple of guys who never looked comfortable with  it. It's no surprise that I found Gallagher the standout, he's one of my favourite wrestlers and he has competitive fight experience, so everything he did looked natural (while still managing to heel it up a little bit y constantly going to the ground).

In hindsight, the show would perhaps benefit from going the whole hog with the World of Sport style, splitting bouts into five three-minute rounds. It would help the flow of things, and also make it more watchable from my perspective. In the same vein, it could definitely use an analytical style of commentary over the top. Long bouts of silence make for uncomfortable watching, and I found myself wishing for Kent Walton's voice to present the action to me.

All in all an interesting concept and a decent start to things if this ends up being more than a one-off. 

• Paid Members

I went very up and down on this DVD.

The video and audio quality aren't great, comparable to the DVD stuff British wrestling companies were putting out eight years ago,

I'm not usually one to defend stuff I've been involved in production wise ( I filmed the event) but that's just a silly thing to say.

It's one of the few events I've filmed but not edited and have seen it on Vimeo ( not actually seen the compressed DVD version) and it looks fine in HD.

I expected better quality, its definitely not HD quality on DVD, the picture is far from crisp. The ropes flicker on hard cam shots. I don't know whether the show being put on a dvd-r makes a difference (not a tech expert).

That said, show was great live and glad to have DVD.

• Paid Members

I can't say what it looks like on vimeo, but this is a screenshot of my DVD:

https://i.imgur.com/dhqhwA7.jpg

Willing to hold my hands up on that if it's an issue with my machine, or with the compression for the DVD but it was not of the the quality I expected.

Like i say, I cant comment on the dvd (i'll hopefully be getting a copy to watch soon though) but thats a grab from the footage (tried to get roughly the same place as your shot)

http://cubeupload.com/im/T6ouX5.png

Keep in mind that's compressed slightly when ive put it online

Archived