Fantasy Football anyone?

PWalsh

I'm doing;

The Sun: (https://www.dreamteamfc.com/)

Premier League (as above)

&

Telegraph: (https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/)

All are free to enter.

£6 will buy you 2 extra teams with The Telegraph + other options available. For each additional team purchased, they'll match it. So, buy 2 & they'll give you 2 more etc.

The Mirror FF, which I've played for the better part of 20 years, has gone all social media, iphone & app's. So not bothering with that + I gather it's not even their game, but rather something they've tagged onto..

I've never won, but finished in some very respectable positions. For me, it's really more about adding some interest to the season. There are too many professional gamblers playing these things nowadays. Individuals entering multiples of teams, sometimes into the hundreds. I really can't be bothered with that, but seemingly it can pay-off. A couple of Eastern Europeans (Stanic & Kovacs) hogged the Mirror leaderboards for a couple of years and it seems there are characters like that playing most of the games now.

Pre-season, 3 years ago or whenever it was, I did some research on the newly imported players & as a result selected Michu & Santi Cazorla. That worked out pretty well. Having done a similar exercise this year, I'm struggling to find possible gems. There are a couple of obvious ones, Memphis Depay for example, who's listed as a reasonably priced mid-fielder in most of the games I've looked at. So the question is [& this is particularly aimed at fans of premier league sides, who may have seen the players at first-hand], are there any players you think could make a significant impact this season - in terms of assists/goals?

....and just out of interest, does anyone know who Tottenham's right back is likely to be? Yedlin, Trippier, Walker or any others they may have.

Depay is probably the main one that I believe will make a huge impact.

Being a Stoke fan I believe that the 2 new barca boys will make a massive difference, with all of them familiar with each other and the new Stoke way, stokalona should play well, but if I had a choose a new gem it would probably be affellay being 'new' but if he stays injury free I think bojan is really a bargain on the fantasy games this year.

Other than that I think darmian will have a good season too.

Yeah. I picked Bojan from the start, last year. Wasn't always selected & didn't do too much, then he improved & shortly after that got injured. I had a look at a couple of the Stoke lads. Just a bit concerned that some of them may not get the 90 minutes, as you seem to have quite a few mid-field players, but you'd know better than I. Affelay's a 1 goal in 5 man going by previous history. Only a little over 200 career appearances at the age of 29!

yeah theres been more of a focus on midfield players latley at stoke due to nzonzi leaving and the injurys from last season which cost us a few points.

i believe though that one or two players may end up leaving before the windows out midfield wise, i got a feeling on walters leaving to west brom, be sad to see him go but it looks likley, he seemed to play more as a midfielder;/winger last year. 

with bojan though i get the feeling he will be cam most of this season with either diouf or joselu up top and crouch for sub appearances and cup games (minus injuries)

if we can keep bojan fit though i think a top 8 finish is achievable easy enough and he should get loads of dream team points on his way.

affelays a question mark at the minute, im over the moon to have him here but like you mentioned the record of him and the rotation in the squad may not make the best dream team player unless he hits the ground running and cements his spot in the team, im hoping that will happen as i took the gamble on him haha.

yeah theres been more of a focus on midfield players latley at stoke due to nzonzi leaving and the injurys from last season which cost us a few points.

To be honest, I'd forgotten that Nzonzi had left & for that matter, Moses. So perhaps Affelay will get some decent playing time. Just purchased another 2 teams in the Telegraph's game, which they double, so on that basis I've stuck Affelay in 1 of my more random sides (already had Bojan in another). I've got 9 teams all together in that game. A couple will die a death early doors & on the very odd occasions I've ventured into the numerous teams scenario previously, it hasn't gone well, as I tend to mentally lose track of what's what.

There seem to be quite a few unknown quantities this year. I've selected a couple of Bournemouth players & looked at a couple of others. A lot of the Prem signings of late have been defensive mid-field players.

Archived