Gimmicks that really should not have worked but just did.

• Paid Members

I'd say he was on par with Jericho, but not a HHH.
Batista only won the belt 6 times over the span of 5 years and was a bigger star than Edge.
Cena has 15 over 9 years, but is the biggest star they've ever had
Orton has 12 over 9 years, and though he definitely isn't and never has been, is pushed as equal or nearabouts to Cena.
Triple H has 13 over 10 years, but he's a level above Edge and the majority of them came in that 2003-2005 period which everyone agrees was way too much.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Edge is one of my favourites. Yeah, maybe the number of World titles he won is a bit much (for anyone, really) but I certainly don't think he's overrated. He was one of the big reasons for me to stay interested throughout the 2000s and I'd rank him as one of Cena's best opponents. I'd watch Edge vs Cena over Orton vs Cena any day.

• Paid Members

Cena's best opponents are CM Punk and Brock Lesner. Possibly HBK at a push but I wouldn't have Edge anywhere near the 'best ' bracket of foe.

Cena's best opponents are CM Punk and Brock Lesner. Possibly HBK at a push but I wouldn't have Edge anywhere near the 'best ' bracket of foe.

Edge was one of the first guys to help get Cena positive reactions when everyone was shitting all over him. I would easily put Edge with Punk and Brock

Archived