Gimmicks that really should not have worked but just did.

• Paid Members

I was reading something before that Sumner was trying to get the "Sting.com" domain name, but the word "sting" was so common, he couldnt outright own it.

If he doesn't own someone is sure being nice as it appears to be very much about him (I'll try to stop being annoying now, apologies).

I imagine Gordon tried to get a court to give him the domain name solely because it has "Sting" in it and the court ruled it too generic a term, so he had to stump up the cash and buy it privately instead.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One dollar.

I know he's terrible now and has never had any particular classic in-ring efforts, but Kane hasn't had a bad run for the Undertaker's evil brother, has he?

• Paid Members

Agreed. That match with Undertake is one of my favourites, some of the moves he did for a big guy earlier in his career were quite something.

The one gimmick that got over that I never ever understood was  The Rated R Superstar. Granted, Edge had some decent matches, but I have never understood how he became a multiple world champion. His look, his move-set and his promos just seemed a bit lazy.

• Paid Members
I know he's terrible now and has never had any particular classic in-ring efforts, but Kane hasn't had a bad run for the Undertaker's evil brother, has he?

So far, the character has lasted seventeen years longer than I thought it would. So yeah, hell of a run.

• Paid Members

[quote name="Suplex Sinner" post="2931325" timestamp="14360331

The one gimmick that got over that I never ever understood was The Rated R Superstar. Granted, Edge had some decent matches, but I have never understood how he became a multiple world champion. His look, his move-set and his promos just seemed a bit lazy.

Don't know about lazy. However I always found Edge to be completely boring as a singles wrestler. His team with Christian and the whole five second pose period was fun.

• Paid Members

Maybe lazy is the wrong word - apathetic perhaps? Nothing about him suggested World Champion. He's like Jericho for me - was good then became world champ and everything was just a bit meh.

• Paid Members

Think that's a little harsh on Edge. He's had some good moments in singles - he was usually better when he was a smarmy opportunist dodging Cena, a mentalist or just always getting pissed off. His "crusade against all things stupid" was amusing too.

Archived