Big Show or Kane - who's worse? (Raw spoilers)

DeanoTheGame

Who's worse?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

They wouldn't have gotten much of a rub, though. Authority lackeys Big Show and Kane haven't been performing badly in an incredible role. They're just warm, fairly-credible bodies to act as obstacles -- over and over again in the same matches -- for whoever Seth Rollins is feuding with. Their performance and effort is absolutely commensurate to that of the creative decision-makers.

It's criminal that WWE haven't made more of Harper (Barrett's got to take a fair bit of the blame for his standing), but being the Authority's cannon fodder wouldn't be a great improvement.

Yeah. Dressing up as a King and jobbing to R-Truth is the same as regualrly being featured in Raw main events and main event angles. You're right, a Barrett or a Harper would have gained nothing from taking out Brock Lesnar on Raw last week.

I don't know if this is a badly judged attempt at sarcasm or not, but Barrett or Harper wouldn't be any better off in those roles at all. The positions that Kane and Show hold are, by design, not created to get their characters over, but the babyfaces that they are doing jobs for. Being a peripheral character in a main event angle does not mean that you are being pushed or protected in any way. In the case of Kane and Show, the opposite is true- they are action movie henchmen, thugs lined up to be knocked down by the heroes in their pursuit of the real bad guy.

If you think Wade Barrett loses a lot of matches now, just imagine how many times he would have been made to look an absolute clown by Ambrose and Reigns if he had been in Kane's job for the last year.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kane is worse by a huge margin. Big Show is dull as fuck for the most part but he's had some good moments over the years and some great matches. He made Roman Reigns look like a million bucks at Extreme Rules this year for example. Over the past 5 years he's had crackers with Mark Henry and Sheamus too. Let's not forget that ace Last Man Standing match with Alberto Del Rio. His Smackdown main event where it was him vs Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes is probably in the top 10 best TV main events of this decade so far. Kane on the other hand was good in Team Hell No but apart from that hasn't been even remotely entertaining since 2001 (actually he had one match on ECW with CM Punk that I liked).

Big Show, while generally dull, still has something to offer in the right circumstances. Kane is just dead weight.

• Paid Members

Poor Kane!

Big Show is so much worse to me it's not even close.

At least Kane has a proper gimmick, he's a monster and still everything he does is a continuation of that. When Kane is in a mismatched tag team it's a play on him being a monster and not fitting in, when he is Corporate Kane it obviously works for the same reason, a giant monster adopting a corporate attitude and being a lackey is still a development of the Kane character.

What the hell is the Big Show? He's had so many turns and personality changes that it's impossible to care at all anymore, he's worn out. His hook should be that he's a giant who's hard to beat but unfortunately we've had everything from him from being a "funny" impersonator to a million heel and face turns,to losing to half the roster, then we're supposed to buy him as a serious threat again at random points. He's awful, his name is possibly the worst name in wrestling and his music sucks, remember his recent angle where he was skint and kept crying? That was shocking, worse than anything Kane has ever done.

I hated Brock being beaten down so much, it's the worst thing I've seen in wrestling for a while but I still have a soft spot for Kane and hopefully he has a job for life.

I remember travelling up to a house show in Manchester, the main event was face Champion Chris Benoit vs Kane and everyone went nuts for Kane and he was significantly more over than Benoit, I always assumed the UK loved old Kane, this thread had been a sad eye opener.

• Paid Members

Kane is there as long as he wants I think. As dull as he is now, he does at least maintain character continuity through the years/angles which very few others do. Saw them at a house show a few years ago and they stunk the place out then. I don't imagine they shift a lot of merch so it must be pretty costly to keep them around.

• 1 month later...

A nice interview with Big Show here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s216/wwe/interviews/a663665/wwes-big-show-quite-frankly-i-have-been-on-tv-too-much.html

"I think the uniqueness and the special things that I bring to WWE is sometimes a little bit downplayed because you see me every week. I think that's one of the things that will happen to me eventually. I'm going to start not being on our programming as much, not being on TV every week.

"Hopefully when I do get a chance to come back, I'll be able to have a little bit more impact and a little bit more fun. That's part of what I should have been doing my whole career anyway. I think quite frankly I have been on TV too much, but part of it is necessity and part of it's ability.

It's funny how close the voting is, as a collective, we can;t decide which one is actually shitter. They are both dross. I voted Kane though. Big Show sometimes has the odd one liner or throwaway comment that makes me like him for an extra 45 seconds but is mostly very forgetful (case and point, I can't remember any one-liners or throwaway comments).

He was quality as The Giant, he had some decent spells here and there, but is inconsistent. Kane is consistent, it is just a shame that it is shite.

He had a memorable debut which I did enjoy, and I liked what he did with X-Pac and RVD at parts and he got a 30 second giggle from me  when he did a Hogan impression. That is all I have enjoyed out of his 18 year tenure.

Archived