Big Show or Kane - who's worse? (Raw spoilers)

DeanoTheGame

Who's worse?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kane had three good periods. His first few months, his tag team with X-Pac and Team Hell No. Granted, isn't much given the length of his employment, but he's not totally awful.

The booking of both men is usually lazy and they lose most of the time. It's a shame because Big Show can be great in the right scenario. He's now the boring giant that loses all the time.

So of Kane's three good runs in 18 years, two happened when he was in a tag team with an excellent worker and the other was when he hardly wrestled.

Big Show's best match this year is better than any Kane singles match ever. Kane has never had a great singles match. And he's been on screen continually since 1997.

I can't believe how close this poll is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a really good big man match in 01 with Test, and a few good ones with Angle, RVD, Benoit and Albert. Over the course of their careers I just find Kane marginally less tedious than Show.

• Paid Members

I can't believe how close this poll is.

Me either. Historically, it's probably a very close call as to who was better or had the better career, but in 2015 Kane is easily worse than Show.

I'm actually one of those that tries to see the good points in everybody and don't like to bash long-serving vets like these guys, but it's fair to say I'm fed up with the roles the pair of them are playing now. Corporate Kane is a horrible character.

Big Show is really good guy to have around when establishing someone as a super strong fucker. I'd say the way he bumped around for Brock back in the day still adds to Lesnar's aura now. He could have been used to really establish Ryback and Cesaro as well. I have never been interested in him unless he is being thrown around.

The only useful role I can see for Kane is surprise appearances in the Royal Rumble.

Kane (minus his current gimmick) has been so much more bad ass than Show. Kane has been setting people of fire, electrocuting nut sacks and so on. Kane has the fact he was a huge part of 1998 WWF going for him aswell. The 2001 Rumble. The tag ladder match on Raw that he won on his own. That huge clothesline off the top was a cool move too. His tag team pairing with X Pac, Undertaker, Bryan and even Hurricane where very enjoyable. I will tell you who i hated Kane teaming with though, Big Show, because Big Show flat out sucks donkey balls.

I cant think of anything that Big Show has done, lets go thru the years...

1999... debuted and jobbed out, dad died.

2000... Nasty bastard, Hollywood gimmick

2001... OVW

2002... ends Brocks streak, Heymen gets all the heat

2003... a solid act on Smackdown

2004... puts Cena over, bics head.

2005... thong at Mania

2006... tag with Kane, gets fat, ECW, leaves

2008... comes back, has an awful fued with Taker

2009... seduces Vicki

2010... wins a fued v Punk

2011... teams with Kane, Henry fued

2012... IC champ, great match with Sheamus

2013... cries alot

2014... did he do anything last year?

2015... floating about

I think WWE think Big Show is worse than Kane too.

Kanes years....

1997... awesome debut, huge impact

1998... fueds at the top with Taker and Austin

1999... adds to character with X Pac fued

2000... Bearer pairing, floats about

2001... Rumble, teams with Taker

2002... USA Kane, tag woth Hurricane

2003... takes mask off, Shane fued

2004... Taker fued, "beds" Lita, Snitsky

2005... Edge fued, nothing else?x

2006... teams with Big Show, career over, i kid. Fake Kane

2007... jobs to everyone except Finlay

2008... weird Reys mask storyline

2009... blanked on 2009 sorry

2010... solid title run, Taker trilogy

2011... teams with Big Show, mask returns

2012... beats Orton at Mania! Team Hell No

2013... more Hell No, joins Authority

2014... featured in main storyline all year

2015... see 2014

• Paid Members

Kane is definitely the worst, but Big Show is a bigger disappointment. You've got a guy that is a freakish size, can wrestle to a point and can talk. How many huge guys have been shit at those? Yet the watches been booked has been just shit.

Kane on the other hand, you can book him how you want, his promo and wrestling are still like watching in slow motion. He sucks, even though he's brought the vest back.

Whilst Show has certainly had bigger peaks I feel hes also had much bigger low points too. I cant remember a single thing about his early run I liked until about 2001 and whilst certain things and matches stick out to me ive always found Kane much less offensive during his run. Kanes early run was golden and hes had numerous decent tag runs and I even enjoyed the period after his unmasking. I'd much rather be forced to sit through a Kane biography and 'best of' than a Big Show one anyday.

The only people posting in favour of Kane are focusing solely on booking rather than actual performance.

The main reason Kane has had such a lengthy run is because he works one of the safest and most boring styles of anyone I've ever seen.

Both have been rotten for large chunks of their career but Big Show is capable of pulling off really good matches when he feels like it. There's no way Kane could have worked that Last Man Standing match against Roman Reigns and have it be as successful as it was.

I guess it depends what you look for in your wrestling. If you care about the in-ring, there's no way Big Show is worse than Kane.

• Paid Members

In terms of wrestling, Big Show is a better worker and promo every day of the week. I can see Kane being valuable in the coming years once he's moved behind the scenes to train the folks coming through NXT. Reminds me a lot of Finlay for some reason, deadly boring on TV but a good presence to have around watching the punks.

I'd have to say Big Show at a push. 

Kane had a unique character that got watered down over the years but when he is on form he can have at least a semi decent match. Show has fluctuated between motivated giant and plodding fat-ass. I don't 'buy' Show as this monster... he seems too much of a gentle giant for me to suspend disbelief. 

• Paid Members

I don't 'buy' Show as this monster... he seems too much of a gentle giant for me to suspend disbelief. 

I do not like the fact that I dislike Show as a performer because in reality he seems like such a lovely bloke. I want to like him as a character and wrestler, but I can't force myself to, and it makes me sad.

It's the inverse of what my attitude to Punk used to be. I hated that I adored that cunt.

• Paid Members

I get the impression that Kane would be a great bloke to chat too. Hes a vanilla giant though Show has that extra size that that can make him more intrest in. For me Show should be a special attraction know. Kabe should be working behind the scenes

Archived