Big Show or Kane - who's worse? (Raw spoilers)

DeanoTheGame

Who's worse?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Kane is also utterly shite but I do think you could salvage him. Show is finished.

Ha! Kane is the least salvageable guy in wrestling. He's been milked to death so much, he's like an udder spitting out dust. I'd happily never see him on tv again.

I'll admit, salvage was a shit choice of word. I think because of the mask, you could get another little run out of Kane, especially if they stick him in another odd copule mid-card comedy tag team that he seems to excel in. I can't think of anything involving Show that would pique my interest even for a short time like that would with the big red retard. Show is done.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kane had three good periods. His first few months, his tag team with X-Pac and Team Hell No. Granted, isn't much given the length of his employment, but he's not totally awful.

The booking of both men is usually lazy and they lose most of the time. It's a shame because Big Show can be great in the right scenario. He's now the boring giant that loses all the time.

My least favourite Show run was in 2002, when after being a laughing stock for the prior year (tag team with Billy Gunn etc) he put on a pair of slacks and Brock Lesnar was suddenly meant to be shit scared of him, after beating the likes of Hogan, Rock and Taker clean in the preceding months.

Kane's worse all day for me.

Big Show is actually very good IMO. More hit than miss, anyway. I've always thought he's a much better face; he's likeable. He's capable of a good match. I like Big Show.

Kane I don't like. He's been much more miss than hit. I liked him for a while after his debut, and didn't mind him during his comedy spell, but he is now so tired in his "UNSTOPPABLE MONSTER" role. He is not a good wrestler.

The worse for me in when they are involved in squash matches. Random squash matches that achieve nothing. Kane must have squashed Chavo 50 times. Just random and pointless. I was no Chavo fan by any means, but was just so tired of seeing it.

Anyway, to me, Big Show is much better on the basis of being generally good over bad, whereas Kane 's the opposite.

• Paid Members

Kane had three good periods. His first few months, his tag team with X-Pac and Team Hell No. Granted, isn't much given the length of his employment, but he's not totally awful.

I'd add one more, brief though it was - when he first unmasked. The whole "his burned face is all in his mind, he's completely psycho" character was really not bad, especially when he went on a complete monster tear afterwards, tombstoning Linda McMahon and a load of other people. Was pretty good watching until fucking Shane McMahon got involved and ruined it.

WWE always seemed reluctant to go all the way with Paul Wight! They"d push him as a monster for a short period (remember his demolishing of Rock, Getting the win over Lesnar etc) & then a few weeks later he'd be jobbing to the Hardyz????

I think if he'd been more into the WWE lifestyle (no smoking, keeping his weight down) they'd have ran with him more!

Missed chance really as he they could have got a lot of mileage out of him being the unstoppable giant monster (needed better music/attire)! Stick the belt on him for 2-3 years, have everyone fail (inc the established stars!

The person who then beat him would be seriously made!

Kane was alright for a bit in 2010 as well. They're both decent, established characters -- but that works against them as much as it does for them, as we've already seen them do everything they'll ever do. Big Show turning heel or face and the commentators acting like it's a shock is the most insulting thing wrestling can do. Now and again, they'll pull something interesting out of the bag, but they're both best served in novelty tag teams. And not with each other.

Archived