UFC 189: McGregor vs Mendes

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't know who will be more pissed; McGregor or Dana.

I'm a close third!

Of course accidents happen and you can break a rib slipping on a banana skin walking to the gym, but for fucks sake how moronic must you be to be training hard enough to break a rib when you're a matter of 2 weeks away from the biggest fight of your career?

How much notice would they need to book an Irish stadium? The weather isn't a problem now; it's summer ...

Training hard enough to break a rib? I fucked up my ribs by trying to escape from under a training partner when the knot in his gi caught my ribs, it can happen very easily.

If his rib is fractured he's done, he'll be unable to really move until it's healed.

• Paid Members

Training hard enough to break a rib? I fucked up my ribs by trying to escape from under a training partner when the knot in his gi caught my ribs, it can happen very easily.

1. I said that. See quote about banana skin.

2. As far as I'm aware, you're not a World Champion MMA fighter.

Joking aside, I was playing on the fact that far too many fighters seem to stupidly and needlessly injure themselves in the days and weeks right before huge fights. It makes no sense.

1. I said that. See quote about banana skin.

2. As far as I'm aware, you're not a World Champion MMA fighter.

Joking aside, I was playing on the fact that far too many fighters seem to stupidly and needlessly injure themselves in the days and weeks right before huge fights. It makes no sense.

If he'd broken a hand or something I'd agree, but a rib can get damaged at any point. I was simply highlighting how easily it can happen, not boasting my credentials.

I'm white belt 4 life, homie.

Dana White just tweeted 'Relax everyone'.

Hopefully everything is sorted.

Although now it's been announced that Cathal Pendred is facing John Howard on the card.

No idea whats happened to Thatch? Unless he's now stepping in to face Nelson.

Bit of a mess this.

And who had a hit with Relax? That's right, Frankie. This clearly means that Edgar is stepping in to stop a dusty finish and throwing the fight in the bin, Dusty Bin. I've clearly watched too much 321 in my lifetime.

• Paid Members

I feel ill. If its a fracture then there's no way this fight is going ahead. Dana saying relax doesnt put me at ease unfortunately. Im sure he's done something similar in the past only for the fight to fall through anyway.

I'm on my phone so I'm not sure why the laughing emoticon didn't post after I said that! Obviously you're not being serious, but there's a shitstorm going on online just now.

Apparently Aldo's a coward, Nd broke his own rib to get out of the fight, and another I heard was that he broke his own rib to avoid a drug test.

None of that was on the sherdog forum, by the way.

Archived