LPW Nemesis - A real treat (Mention UKFF at the door for free entry)

LPW

• Paid Members

£80? You could've spent that on assorted savoury pastries & turned £80 into £150 without even trying.

Promoter lesson #1 - Give the people what they want (in your case, pie based grapple action).

• Moderators

I'm gonna guess his parents didn't make a penny along with a massive loss, I'd guess a loss of about 1400 if the figures I've heard are correct

How on earth do you spend at least 1400 on a bog standard WMC show? Don't understand why anyone would have more than 5 matches and 8 workers on one. 4 singles and 4 wrestlers doing double duty for a main event tag. It's not like WMC hire is expensive either.

By paying stupid money for wrestlers. Danny O'Docherty (or something similar) came out with a figure of £80 to be a manager so that may be something...

Whatever happened to £30 each, 4 together in a car to save on exes, and never mind having managers? Have WMC shows changed or did they see Bowler coming? 

Mind you, if he is paying eighty quid for non essential talent, Bowler's the best paying promoter in the UK! By some way. Bowler, I'll do it for £75. I'll undercut the opposition price wise and promise not to spark your old man when he hits me in the head. How's that for service?

Edited by PowerButchi

He did NOT get paid 80 nor did my dad attack him. He's lying to get more people behide him. I really wish he did call the police.

Why are you still replying? We've all said, just stop biting and it'll all stop. If you'd have just gone along with the jokes instead of being just the worst about all of this, it would have gone away and you might have even got a few paying customers out of it.

Now you're on here arguing about details, that non of us on here will be able to really confirm anyway, expect going off some "he said, she said" type stuff. Which in fairness, non of us really care about. We're continually pointing out that you've made an absolute birk of yourself, and others know it, cost you (or your parents) £1400+ for something that should have cost A LOT less.

• Moderators

You want to look at your business model as a pie. The crust is what's visible to the naked eye, and that's the physical show, the steak and kidney is what makes the pie possible, lets' say it's a big pie, containing over 1400lbs of braising steak. You've got to be careful not to handle the pie angrily lest you break it and then the deilcious 1400lbs will fall out - lost forever.

A few years ago, this place had the Shitarse 50, dedicated to the worst wrestlers in the UK. One of the lads on the list posted a joke picture of himself chucking his gear in the bin.

That lad competes today as Rockstar Spud, who’s got international exposure on TNA, and is on the most accessible wrestling show that’s broadcast in this country.  Granted, TNA isn't the best place in the world, but he's probably still pulling better than WMC money. 

Point is, if he’d spent his days PMming folk on this Forum, telling people to stop criticising him, reporting people to moderators, and vowing to change his name, he’d still be doing this on weekends, while he has to do something else in the day Instead, he made light of it and got on with his career.

You want to look at your business model as a pie. The crust is what's visible to the naked eye, and that's the physical show, the steak and kidney is what makes the pie possible, lets' say it's a big pie, containing over 1400lbs of braising steak. You've got to be careful not to handle the pie angrily lest you break it and then the deilcious 1400lbs will fall out - lost forever.

Brilliant

I love the fact that the show cost £1400+ isn't being disputed. It's not like this is the first LPW show...

Heres a thought: if it cost Bowlers parents 80 quid for someone to manage, how much would it have cost them to hire Travis a show or two ago to wrestle?

• Paid Members

A few years ago, this place had the Shitarse 50, dedicated to the worst wrestlers in the UK. One of the lads on the list posted a joke picture of himself chucking his gear in the bin.

That lad competes today as Rockstar Spud, who’s got international exposure on TNA, and is on the most accessible wrestling show that’s broadcast in this country.  Granted, TNA isn't the best place in the world, but he's probably still pulling better than WMC money. 

Point is, if he’d spent his days PMming folk on this Forum, telling people to stop criticising him, reporting people to moderators, and vowing to change his name, he’d still be doing this on weekends, while he has to do something else in the day Instead, he made light of it and got on with his career.

I'd completely forgotten about that.  An absolute masterstroke that was.  Brilliant!

On a separate note, we're talking about a show budget of £1400, Adam, i'm genuinely interested to know, was that including marketing spend? I'm curious to learn more about the event cost to marketing spend ratio in Britwres, think it would say a lot about the true motives of the people in charge.

Many many years ago, I along with a couple of other friends used to promote WMC shows once a month.

We booked a number of "bigger" UK names at the time such as Spud, Jack Storm, Jonny Storm, El Ligero and Kris Travis.

We also had guys such as Super Dragon, El Generico and Colt Cabana on the shows.

All of the above were paid a fee which they asked for and we thought was fair. Admittedly the rest of the card was made up of guys from local training schools who were looking to gain experience. These were paid expenses plus a little bit more if we turned a profit of over £400.

We would rent a ring from BRAWL at a cost of £150, which was always the biggest expense. The poster design wad completed by local students at the art college for free as the would they would then use it as part of there course.

We cut a deal with the WMC whereby we got the hire of the room for free as we were bringing in extra punters who would on average spend £10 per head at the bar.

On average we spent £350 - £500 per show and would quite easily turn a profit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I genuinely have no idea how you can spend at least £1400 on a WMC show and have no idea where it has gone!