Promotions running shows in London

Maikeru

We had a show in May as well, it wasn't announced on UKFF but it definitely happened :D A fourth is scheduled for November.

Oh right sorry I could only see the March one on your website. Can I ask what's your average attendance? In my own tiering system I've taken the liberty of developing here I would consider a promotion drawing at least 200 - 300 per show as Tier 4. :-) 

Just under 200, so I'd classify us as a Tier 5 on your scale.

For now, at least ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Does anyone know anything about Dropkixx that run in Ilford sometimes? Likewise any info on BECW in New Malden would be great........

If you are in Essex then we return to the Circus Tavern in Purfleet in September - we had over 500 fans in there for our debut back in Febuary :)

If you are in Essex then we return to the Circus Tavern in Purfleet in September - we had over 500 fans in there for our debut back in Febuary :)

Hmm, feel we better draw the line at Zone 6 or else the 'London' definition just gets ridiculous........

I think the Southside shows always look great and it pains me that I can't go to them as they're just too far away and expensive to get to. For good promotions running in the South East like yourselves, 4FW etc; I'd strongly implore you to run within the zones a few times a year as you'll be opening up a massive travel area. Simple reason is that if you live in the six London zones it's very expensive to take a train outside them, even to places that are close in travel time (like Stevenage, Purfleet, Thatcham and such like). 

Does anyone know anything about Dropkixx that run in Ilford sometimes? Likewise any info on BECW in New Malden would be great........

Hmm, feel we better draw the line at Zone 6 or else the 'London' definition just gets ridiculous........

I think the Southside shows always look great and it pains me that I can't go to them as they're just too far away and expensive to get to. For good promotions running in the South East like yourselves, 4FW etc; I'd strongly implore you to run within the zones a few times a year as you'll be opening up a massive travel area. Simple reason is that if you live in the six London zones it's very expensive to take a train outside them, even to places that are close in travel time (like Stevenage, Purfleet, Thatcham and such like). 

Dropkixx run academy shows in Ilford three or four times a year.

• Paid Members

The problem is wrestling is very territorial and unless we had express permission from a promotion that had built an area for a while we wouldn't consider it.

Stevenage isn't to bad from London - can easily get a return from Kings Cross for less than £15  :)

The problem is wrestling is very territorial and unless we had express permission from a promotion that had built an area for a while we wouldn't consider it.

Stevenage isn't to bad from London - can easily get a return from Kings Cross for less than £15  :)

I'm shocked it's that territorial. I could understand if the London promotions were all running stuff on a weekly basis but, as you'll see from my list above, that's far from the case. There's plenty of spare room for another promotion to run London regularly and draw well without impacting on the existing promotions whatsoever in my view (in fact there's room for several more). 

• Paid Members

It's about respecting territory but probably more about respecting the product. PROGRESS have carved out their niche in north London and I'd frown on any promotion coming in and trying to do what they do in the same area. But if someone did family-oriented stuff - or a comedy, lucha, whatever promotion - that would be different. The lines could also blur if the "resident" promotion are putting on poor shows and not drawing crowds - do they still deserve "protection"? What a business, eh?

It's about respecting territory but probably more about respecting the product. PROGRESS have carved out their niche in north London and I'd frown on any promotion coming in and trying to do what they do in the same area. But if someone did family-oriented stuff - or a comedy, lucha, whatever promotion - that would be different. The lines could also blur if the "resident" promotion are putting on poor shows and not drawing crowds - do they still deserve "protection"? What a business, eh?

Tell that to ICW...

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to those who contributed to the update; have amended list to remove Dropkixx (on their instructions), Climax, BWE and Kapow due to lack of any recent events/scheduled events in the 32 boroughs. Have also upgraded BEW to Tier 4 due to increased attendance and star power at latest show.

Also added Megaslam due to upcoming June show in Croydon.

Please do let me know if you have any suggested additions/amendments.

• 1 month later...

The number of shows running here annually has increased at least threefold since 2011. Take a look at the line up for just the second half of 2016:

1.     Thurs. 1st July – Lucha Libre World (York Hall)

2.     Fri. 2nd July – Lucha Libre World (York Hall)

3.     Sun. 3rd July – RPW Cockpit 10 (Cockpit Theatre)

4.     Sun. 10th July – RPW (York Hall)

5.     Sun. 10th July – BEW (Tooting Tram)

6.     Fri. 15th July – Lucha Britannia (Resistance Gallery)

7.     Sat. 23rd July – LDN (Wren Academy)

8.     Sun. 24th July – FPW SummerTime Brawl 5 (Thomas Wall)

9.     Sun. 31st July – PROGRESS 33 (Electric Ballroom)

10.   Fri. 5th August – Lucha Britannia (Resistance Gallery)

11.   Sun. 7th August – RPW (Cockpit Theatre)

12.   Mon. 8th August – PTNTL: 4 (The Bedford)

13.   Tues. 9th August – ENDVR: 17 (The Bedford)

14.   Fri. 12th August – RPW Uprising 2016 (York Hall)

15.   Sat. 13th August – WrestleFest Charity Fun Day

16.   Sat. 19th August – Lucha Britannia (Resistance Gallery)

17.   Sun. 21st August – IPW:UK Biggest Show Ever (Electric Brixton)

18.   Sun. 28th August – PROGRESS 34 (Electric Ballroom)

19.   Sat. 3rd September – FPW School’s In 3 (Thomas Wall)

20.   Sun. 4th September – BEW Cage Warfare 2 (Tooting Tram)

21.   Wed. 7th September – WWE Live (O2)

22.   Sun. 11th September – ENDVR: 18 (The Garage)

23.   Sun. 25th September – PROGRESS 36 (O2 Academy Brixton)

24.   Sun. 2nd October – LDN (Millfield Theatre)

25.   Mon. 24th October – APW (Beck Theatre Hayes)

26.   Sat. 29th October – FPW Trick or Treat 6 (Thomas Wall)

27.   Sun. 30th October – PROGRESS 38 (Electric Ballroom)

28.   Fri. 4th November – WWE Live (Wembley Arena)

29.   Sat. 5th November – ICW Scotchtoberfest (Brooklyn Bowl)

30.   Sun. 6th November – BEW Empire Fights Back 3 (Tooting Tram)

31.   Thurs. 10th November – RPW/NJPW Global Wars (York Hall)

32.   Fri. 11th November – RPW/NJPW Global Wars (Walthamstow Assembly Halls)

33.   Sun. 13th November – ENDVR: 19 (The Garage)

34.   Sun. 20th November – Ring of Honor (Seymour Leisure Centre)

35.   Sun. 27th November – PROGRESS 39 (Electric Ballroom)

36.   Sat. 3rd December – FPW Jingle Bell Brawl 2016 (Thomas Wall)

37.   Sun. 4th December – BEW Britain’s Rising 3 (Tooting Tram)

38.   Fri. 30th December – PROGRESS 41 (Electric Ballroom)

• Paid Members

I believe it was actually Lucha Libre World (under the banner of "The Greatest Spectacle of Lucha Libre") who ran York Hall on the 1st and 2nd of July, not Lucha Britannia (although there were some Lucha Britannia guys on the undercard).

Archived