• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARRIVAL.   They threw ina  free garklic bread too. This is the greatest thing I have ever eaten. Easily. Full now. Going to bed.

“Someone” 

Ever see a foodstuff that looks so spectacularly dreadful you feel compelled to buy it? In Tesco the other day I picked up a "Breakfast wrap" from the frozen section. You get 2 in a packet. Accor

Posted Images

• Moderators

How do you get on in the States for a curry? Every time I see it mentioned on American media  It's always associated with somoen in a sitcom going "Ugh, it smells like Indian Food!"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

How do you get on in the States for a curry? Every time I see it mentioned on American media  It's always associated with somoen in a sitcom going "Ugh, it smells like Indian Food!"

I've found it lacking for the most part. I remember one of the first times I went for a curry over here, ordered a vindaloo and got asked how spicy I wanted it, a real "wtf" moment. In general it's quite expensive and quite bland. That said, I've had some good experiences here and there, funnily enough one place was a "Brit-Indi" takeaway run by a scottish bloke.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, neil said:

I've found it lacking for the most part. I remember one of the first times I went for a curry over here, ordered a vindaloo and got asked how spicy I wanted it, a real "wtf" moment. In general it's quite expensive and quite bland. That said, I've had some good experiences here and there, funnily enough one place was a "Brit-Indi" takeaway run by a scottish bloke.

Like that mild lamb tikka in ketchup I've had to fucking pour down my gullet then, with underdone rice, and a burnt poppadom.

Massively disappointed.  It was a bland bastard, they forgot my Keema Naan, and instead of the litre of full fat coke I ordered they gave me a fucking 330ml tin of Pepsi max.

"Sorry brother, I'll drop it off in a bit"

"The thing is you fucking won't though, will you?"

"You'll be sent them next time you order"

I won't be ordering again, but it's me who lost.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Moderators

Thats worthy of a 1 star review IMO. Nothing more disappointing than waiting for your glorious takeaway and then to have it be ruined by poor service.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

They've a shitload of 5 star reviews on that shithouse Just Eat. My complaint will be lost to the ether. I'm just really angry about the tin of Pepsi Max. I like a big bottle of proper sugar filled full fat coke as I want a fucking big bottle of sugar filled full fat coke as opposed to the tin of brown fizzy water which is a sugar free pepsi max. 

Especially when it's pricemarked 49p, as opposed to the (frankly extortionate) £2.50 i paid for 1.25l of proper Coca Cola. Mind you, I must look like a mug and they see me coming. as the shop by mine sells some cheap Dr Pepper analogue called Dr Faygo and it cost nigh on two fucking quid for a can.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Premier Stores in Plas Madoc is making out like a fucking bandit then. I'm sticking to the 3 Mirinda for a Pound there from now on.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members

Butch, put a complaint in on Just Eat about the missing stuff.  You’ll get a refund and probably a £5 credit to keep you sweet.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Butch, put a complaint in on Just Eat about the missing stuff.  You’ll get a refund and probably a £5 credit to keep you sweet.

Just make sure to chuck an "imagine my surprise" in for maximum effectiveness. 

• Paid Members

We ordered a curry from our local place via JustEat a couple of weeks ago. It was 1hr 40mins late and stone cold when it arrived.

JustEat said the “best” they could offer was a £20 voucher for my next order (the whole lot came to a few pence shy of £40). I asked for a supervisor to phone me, which to my surprise, they did. She offered me the “very best” of a £25 voucher but I held firm. 5 minutes on hold and they gave me the full refund. They’re fucking sharks.

16 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

They've a shitload of 5 star reviews on that shithouse Just Eat. My complaint will be lost to the ether. I'm just really angry about the tin of Pepsi Max. I like a big bottle of proper sugar filled full fat coke as I want a fucking big bottle of sugar filled full fat coke as opposed to the tin of brown fizzy water which is a sugar free pepsi max. 

Especially when it's pricemarked 49p, as opposed to the (frankly extortionate) £2.50 i paid for 1.25l of proper Coca Cola. Mind you, I must look like a mug and they see me coming. as the shop by mine sells some cheap Dr Pepper analogue called Dr Faygo and it cost nigh on two fucking quid for a can.

I don't know you, but the fact that you say "full fat coke" makes me think you need your hard drive checked..... 

Coke/pepsi

Diet coke/pepsi

Coke zero/Pepsi max. 

• Paid Members

I’ve found that when ordering an Indian, something always is missing, where’as never had a wrong order from a Chinese place.