#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

I loved me a tin of Heinz London Grill.

And regarding the toast, I prefer it to be toasted to a decent level. I want the sauce to soften it up while leaving wonderfully toasty edges. This is assisted by putting a shit load of butter on as well.

Westlers Hamburgers in gravy are tinned perfection. Meat, gravy and bread. It's pretty much all of he food groups right there. Funnily enough my mum did recommend the mum's choice meatballs in beans but I've yet to try them.

My ambition in life is to invent tinned sausages in bean juice or at least discover them. More sausage less beans.

• Paid Members

The toaster doesn't do the tops and I can't be fucked turning the bread upside down halfway through

Is there a toaster in the world that does do the tops? Seriously? It has one job...

As for me, I'm a man of simple pleasures so when I'm looking for my fix of tinned processed goodness I rarely venture away from Heinz Spag Bol or Ravioli, it's all about the thick sliced bread though, can't be doing with this medium carry on.

Very occasionally treat myself to a tin of Stagg Chilli, get a good splash of Frank's Hot Sauce in about that and you'e got a gourmet meal for one.

I have an Asda own brand toaster, and it's the only one that I could find that does the whole slice. You have to put it in sideways, but there is no flipping involved.

• Paid Members

I only get to have hamburgers in gravy every few years because everyone I've ever lived with since moving out from my parents considers them revolting, and can't even have the decency to let me have a tin once in a while and look the other way while I'm eating.

I'm all alone today, however, so I've popped down to Tesco and picked up a tin. No idea what I'm having with them.

• Paid Members

image_zpstwaxtj5w.jpg

Anyone every tried these? Always ovened, never microwaved! They've got steadily drier over the years but still make for a belting lunch or midnight snack. Go surprisingly well with beans but then again what pie doesn't.

Probably not on the same level as the original meatballs, but I've just had some Aldi brand Meatballs in Gravy.  First time I had them, my first instinct was "Meatballs in....Gravy?"  But now, having had them numerous times.  They're fuckin ace.

Meatballs in Gravy in a bowl with Rice.