#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

There's a new German-Turkish place opened up the road from me in Wood Green, they do beef doner, which I've never had, so that's on the list to try.

I was eating it for month's before I found out it was beef, so don't expect too much of a shock.

If they do lahmacun I'd recommend it though.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I was eating it for month's before I found out it was beef, so don't expect too much of a shock.

If they do lahmacun I'd recommend it though.

Loads of places near me do lahmaÒ«un, and various other kinds of pide as well. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Does anyone know of any places that do Munch Boxes in South Manchester/ Stockport apart from Indihome and the Golden Emperor? Not arsed if it’s chinese, Indian or kebab based.  Home alone this week from Tuesday and have the junk food horn.

13 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Does anyone know of any places that do Munch Boxes in South Manchester/ Stockport apart from Indihome and the Golden Emperor? Not arsed if it’s chinese, Indian or kebab based.  Home alone this week from Tuesday and have the junk food horn.

I don’t, but can I just say I’m very much looking forward to another Thunderplex coronary dinner tour? Post pics! 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Set a £10 limit to get as much food as possible! 

Imagine the sheer volume of food you could get from a chippy for a tenner if you swerved the fish? Even if not taking advantage of mid-week/lunchtime specials ('Liver Dinner' for £4 is the winner btw).

• Paid Members

My first night (tomorrow) will more than likely be a chippy visit.  Can’t bypass the fish sadly (going to the battered cod, the best non-seaside fish I’ve ever had), so it will be large cod, large chips, tub of curry, and a cheeky scallop for on the way home.

• Paid Members

A bit late posting, here is last nights offering.  Chicken Kebab, Shami Kebab, Chicken Pakora, Aloo Tikki Chaat, with a couple of poppadums and a can of Mango Rubicon.  The kebab was like Abdul’s 20 years ago, so really enjoyed.  The shami and aloo tikki chaat were ok, but not wonderful. The pakoras were nice.  Yoghurt sauce was the consistency of piss.  Came to £11, so nearly on target @Onyx2!

7EEF8F7A-0048-4F2A-9379-E45119E8DC95.jpeg

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

A bit late posting, here is last nights offering.  Chicken Kebab, Shami Kebab, Chicken Pakora, Aloo Tikki Chaat, with a couple of poppadums and a can of Mango Rubicon.  The kebab was like Abdul’s 20 years ago, so really enjoyed.  The shami and aloo tikki chaat were ok, but not wonderful. The pakoras were nice.  Yoghurt sauce was the consistency of piss.  Came to £11, so nearly on target @Onyx2!

So many fond memories of day drinking then getting a massive kebab from Abdul's to soak it all up before going to a gig at the Academy. Grrrrrr......great days

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

£11????? Where do you live, the 1980s? 

I know, cracking value and plenty left over for supper!

2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

So many fond memories of day drinking then getting a massive kebab from Abdul's to soak it all up before going to a gig at the Academy. Grrrrrr......great days

Abdul’s was my mainstay for many years, started going there 32 years ago, but it’s quality has dropped dramatically, which is why I’m so glad I found this new place.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Our treat night recently has been these boxes. Pizza, Arancini, Meatballs, Chips and salad. On certain days, it's two for £20. The pesto and mozzarella arancini is brilliant.

image.thumb.png.2a2b9fce6af1287028cb9acb82024d84.png

That looks awesome, where is it?