Today I learned...

• Moderators

I wouldn't really call that a pile on. It was hardly Bowler territory. It was three people asking for an example and it wasn't aggressive at all. Other people only chipped in once he'd already acted all mopey and hard done by because he couldn't be bothered to be specific.

If you don't want a discussion don't start one. There's nothing worse than a Dynamite Duane style drive by commenting.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....that my wife and I are expecting our first child. We are over the moon!

Who upset the honkey? 

So does James Hetfield. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

This would have been better last week, but TIL that the body of the Yorkshire Rippers 6th victim, Jean Jordan was discovered by future Les Battersby actor Bruce Jones.

I saw/read an interview with him a few years ago where he said he’s still traumatised by finding the body and that he was a suspect for the murder afterwards. It’s one of the reasons he became an alcoholic.

• Paid Members
On 11/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, Monkee said:

I saw/read an interview with him a few years ago where he said he’s still traumatised by finding the body and that he was a suspect for the murder afterwards. It’s one of the reasons he became an alcoholic.

The last show I worked on was the predecessor to Piers Morgan’s Life Stories on the BBC. He was one of the guests and he talked about it. It was horrible and like you say, completely traumatised by it

• Moderators

Les off Corrie did a reality show about ten years ago where minor celebrities pretended to be homeless, to see what it was like on the streets. He left partway through, spending all the money he'd got begging on booze and had a terrible drunken breakdown, crying about finding the body, and ranting there'd be more money for homeless if the government stopped spending it keeping prisoners alive; "BRING BACK HANGING, FOR ALL YER RIPPERS!" Every time I've heard him speak, it gets onto the Ripper pretty quickly, so it obviously shaped his entire life.

Edited by Astro Hollywood
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Les off Corrie did a reality show about ten years ago where minor celebrities pretended to be homeless, to see what it was like on the streets. He left partway through, spending all the money he'd got begging on booze

Still came across better than Hardeep Singh