Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Thanks to a stupid argument online, I found out today that U.S Police Officers don't actually have an obligation to protect people.

The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that they've got a duty to "the community" but not an individual so if you phone up and say "There's someone in my house" they don't have to do fuck all. There was one case where children were murdered because the Police refused to act and the Supreme Court still backed them up.

Am I the only one who thinks this is mad as fuck? It really makes me appreciate the Police in the UK.

• Paid Members
On 5/16/2018 at 8:17 PM, johnnyboy said:

Today I learned, thanks to @Astro Hollywood and his smashing Patreon, that Ainsley Harriott was in a Bobby Davro series.  I then found a video of this on YouTube.  I doubt I'd be more upset if I found a video of my wife getting gangbanged on a tube site.

He was in one of the Billy & Johnny things on Hale & Pace as well,if memory serves.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

He had quite a turn in comedy - had an act with Harry Hill in Edinburgh.

Bloody hell, that would have been surreal.

• Paid Members

Today I learned that I absolutely fucking hate ticketing websites, pop groups and the trouble they fucking cause.

Tearing what’s left of my hair out this morning trying to sort tickets for the dearly beloved for the sodding Spice Girls. And I’m not even fucking going! Ticketmaster and all those either shitehawk website can all fuck themselves. And as much as I love my dear Mrs Facesitter - she can shit off this morning as well. Oh, I’m not sure about those seats. Oh, I don’t know about that block. Oh, that’s too pricey. Actually can we make it three people? Actually no two people is fine. Any luck darling? Hello? Should I try this end too darling? What are your card details darling? Hello? Is there anything in block 102? Is there WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF FOR FIVE MINUTES I’M IN A QUEUE THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER SAD FUCKER YOU INCREDULENT CHARLATAN.

Tickets for day 1 sell out. A SECOND date for Wembley becomes available. Same curfuffle.

...Didn’t get tickets. She’s giving it the whole I’m not angry I’m just dissapointed stance on text. I offer to drive her to the bright lights of Bristol or Coventry for one of the other shows, she’s umming and ahing about time off so I’ve just dropped it now and she can sort it out her fucking self. 

Edit - She’s now broken the washing machine. FML. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Awards Moderator

My other half had an inkling she might like to go to one of the shows. She's at work today but I texted letting her know it's £77 a ticket if she wants standing and that'll probably be the end of it. We have an unwritten rule of 'if a gig costs more than Springsteen*, it's not worth it because whoever they are, they won't be as good'. Spice Girls fail the Springsteen Rule.

*prices based on however much the last time we saw Springsteen cost

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I offered to try and get tickets for The Spice Girls for the wife, but thankfully she told me not to bother when she found out how much it was.

Gigs are getting out of hand in general. Metallica priced me out for either of their two stadium shows, and then Rammstein went and did the same this week for their U.K. Exclusive at MK Stadium. £215 you say? Nein danke 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I offered to try and get tickets for The Spice Girls for the wife, but thankfully she told me not to bother when she found out how much it was.

Gigs are getting out of hand in general. Metallica priced me out for either of their two stadium shows, and then Rammstein went and did the same this week for their U.K. Exclusive at MK Stadium. £215 you say? Nein danke 

Rammstein tickets were £71

They must have gone quickly as the lowest price available on Ticketmaster when I looked were the £215 ones. 

Even so, £71 is still a huge increase from their last tour (£50 standing). I know that with Rammstein they don’t scrimp on the spectacle of the show, but inflation has effected ticket prices that much 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

19 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

AC/DC were £50 on all 3 of the last tours IIRC. 

I was amazed they were that cheap. 

I think I read something about them being really hot on stopping touts with ID checks and shizz. Why other acts don't do this, no idea. Think it's similar with Hamilton. 

3 hours ago, hallicks said:

I think I read something about them being really hot on stopping touts with ID checks and shizz. Why other acts don't do this, no idea. Think it's similar with Hamilton. 

Iron Maiden are another band who are hot on outside ticket sales, where you need to bring ID.

• 3 weeks later...