Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

TIL one of my school friends was a high profile member of ISIS, targeted and killed bu a US drone strike. He was in the same group of wrestling fans as me and Hulkamaniafan..

I saw someone from Cov was one of them and wondered if anyone I knew was familiar with him!

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

TIL one of my school friends was a high profile member of ISIS, targeted and killed bu a US drone strike. He was in the same group of wrestling fans as me and Hulkamaniafan..

Now that's a heel turn.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Hang on...you were pals with Hulky?

I think it was to do with Cov library, where Hulky concocted his reign of terror and, I could be wrong, Hulky got banned and/or UKFF got blocked by the library.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think it was to do with Cov library, where Hulky concocted his reign of terror and, I could be wrong, Hulky got banned and/or UKFF got blocked by the library.

Ha, the bastard did get himself and the library IP banned at one point.

But yeah, he was in my year at school, most known for only talking about wrestling and being double jointed.

• 2 months later...

Today I Learned the woman who sings/freestyles on Pink Floyd's The Great Gig In The Sky sang the theme to the awful TV show "Butterflies", and she successfully sued and had her name added to the writing credits of the aforementioned Floyd song.

• Paid Members

Today I learned I've become exceptionally intolerant as I approach my 39th birthday.
I really want to slap the head off the bloke in my job who keeps whistling Adele and Ed Sheeran songs all day, while holding his cup of tea with both hands wrapped around the cup, blowing it but then slurping it anyway.

Guy sits next to me is the type to have his work mobile at full volume (our office is quiet, so it's very jarring), and has a different ringtone set for different people. Wouldn't be as bad if he answered the fucking thing but he always lets it ring out to voicemail, mostly because he's incredibly workshy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I learnt that in 2015, at the height of his Marvel fame, Chris Hemsworth returned to Home and Away for a cameo - as a background extra chomping on a burger in the diner.

As a former daily viewer of the show, who only stopped due to time constraints, I find this pretty cool. So, y'know, shut up.