Verne Gagne Passes Away

Harry Wiseau

It's good to see a wrestler live to such an age. RIP. 

A tidbit from his Wiki page.

"Gagne was a 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, having held the AWA World Heavyweight Championship ten times, the World Heavyweight Championship (Omaha version) five times and the IWA World Heavyweight Championship once. Gagne holds the record for the longest combined reign as a world champion and is third, behind Bruno Sammartino and Lou Thesz, for the longest single world title reign. He is one of six men inducted into each of the WWEWCWProfessional Wrestling and Wrestling Observer Newsletter halls of fame."

I also would have also thought this would have been a bit more talked about. RIP to an absolute legend.

I may get slated for this as it is really picky and but is there any chance of the thread being 'passes away' or 'passed away' instead of 'dead', I imagine no-one else feels the same way but I think it sounds sounds a bit better placed and nicer (for lack of a better word).

No doubt most people on here have seen it but if you have never got round to it, please watch The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA, it is a great watch.

• Paid Members

true, sorry about that, I don't think I can alter the topic myself can I? if I can let me know, otherwise hopefully one of the mods will.

I think you can edit the original post and you’ll have the option to alter the subject there.

• Moderators

Nick Bockwinkel is my 2nd favourite wrestler of all time. I doubt he'd be as high if he didn't have all the classics with Verne which he did. Ditto Billy Robinson. Verne was a fine fine fine pro wrestler. It's a real shame what happened to him over the past few years, and I'd never wish it on anyone. But he should be remembered as a great wrestler, who run a fantastic wrestling promotion. From 1981-1983 it's FRIED GOLD.

Archived