UFC 187: Cormier vs Rumble

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jones stripped of title, suspended indefinitely. Cormier vs. Johnson for the title at the pay per view.

Bonkers.

Am I allowed to brag that I predicted this on the previous page ;)

Cormier vs Rumble is an interesting match-up. One of those fights where it is really hard to predict what will happen. I am rooting for Cormier though, as he is impossible not to like. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What is Jones guilty of at this point though? Innocent until proven guilty, surely?

I understand the suspension whilst things are on going (like they did with Rumble) - that makes perfect sense. But taking the belt off him at this points seems premature. I don't think it matters if all the evidence in the world suggests he did something wrong; until he's tried and found guilty then he's innocent. Weird call.

I dislike him as much as everyone else but Rumble / Cormier just doesn't hold the same appeal as Rumble / Jones. If I'm Rumble then I'm pissed off right now. Even if you win the belt, it feels like a hollow victory because you didn't beat the champ.

• Paid Members

I'm happy because I love Cormier and I really want to see him win the title.

Plus, can you imagine the promo he's going to cut afterwards if he wins? He'll almost certainly refuse to accept the belt and throw out a challenge to Jones for a rematch to determine the real champion.

Yeah it could lead to a brilliant rematch with Cormier down the line. I fancy Rumble for the win though.  

A brilliant rematch? You think a rematch will be any different from the first fight? I would rather we got to see the Jones/Rumble fight to be honest.

• Paid Members

DC winning the belt followed by him spending the months after basically saying "told you so" speaks for itself, really ($$$$).

I think Jones batters DC everyday of the week, twice on Sunday. Although, I think it will be a far more competitive fight if DC sorts his head out.

Can't wait to hear Jones pretend he's a nice man again.

Yeah it could lead to a brilliant rematch with Cormier down the line. I fancy Rumble for the win though.  

A brilliant rematch? You think a rematch will be any different from the first fight? I would rather we got to see the Jones/Rumble fight to be honest.

No I think Jones wins every time but the build up would be fun. I'd say Rumble had a better chance against Jones. I think he'll beat DC. 

Honestly, the Rumble vs Jones fight is the one I want to see. The unbeaten, shamed superstar who had it all facing the unstoppable knock out machine?

All they have to do is send a camera crew round to film Rumble training in a basement like Clubber Lang did in Rocky III, all the while Jones is training like Rocky did for the first bout in the same movie, all the while kissing women, having an artist paint him while he trains, smoking weed in between rounds and snorting coke off miss California 2015's arse.

Sold.

Jones is more like Apollo Creed than Rocky. Gusty is sort of a hybrid between Ivan Drago and Rocky. In fact, Jones vs Gusty 1 was MMA's equivalent of Rocky vs Creed 1.

Rumble 2k15 is indeed MMA's Clubber Lang. 

Cormier is the odd man out, as he is nothing like Tommy Gunn or Union Cane.

• Paid Members

Either way the Cormier/Johnson fight, im down with Jones getting the winner. From a build up perspective, a second DC fight could be epic, especially if DC beats Johnson handily.

but all this hooplah is making us forget the real talking point here:

What about Bader??

Either way the Cormier/Johnson fight, im down with Jones getting the winner. From a build up perspective, a second DC fight could be epic, especially if DC beats Johnson handily.

but all this hooplah is making us forget the real talking point here:

What about Bader??

Bader's the white Union Cane in this situation, unfortunately.

Archived