Ian's and ONLY Ian's Transfer thread 2015/16

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

My thread. I started it. So fuck off.

Gundogan looks like he's signing for United. Its all over twitter. Me, Gladders and Bumclass are currently discussing it on twitter in a roundtable style. I'm Paul Merson.

Ian delivers the scoops in the OP. Setting the standard for a wonderful summer.

EDIT: Going to look a right plonker when this falls through.

• Paid Members

TildeIan!~

I knew someone would be on here with the Gundogan rumours straight away. Apparently €30- seems a lot for someone with one year left on his contract with injury/fitness problems. If he can remain injury free and replicate his form from a couple of years ago- then it's a great buy.

Whoever gets Pogba wins the summer.

Can't see him going anywhere but Madrid. Paris have the money but can't compete with the attraction of Real.
Paul Pogba has always fascinated me because of the way United got him and the way he left.

What actually happened with Pogba at United? I remember him going there in a bit of sketchy way (according to Wikipedia, so pinch of salt), and then leaving in equally a sketchy way.

Now he is going to be one of the most expensive midfield players if he gets sold. And for United to be going after him makes it that bit funnier.

I found quotes from Fergie about him which were not very flattering, also Pogba discussing it and begging to play and that being the reason he left. Is Pogba Fergie's biggest mistake? Granted it worked out quite nicely for everyone, still to think all he wanted to do was play and by not doing so he instead pushed out one of the best midfielders in the world out the door. I blame Anderson for not allowing Ferguson to open his heart and trust again.

Him at Madrid would be scary, same with Chelsea who I hope he ends up with. Though I don't think it's very likely, as Rick says it just has the hallmarks of a Madrid buy.

• Paid Members

I don't see Chelsea going in for Pogba, unless somebody makes way. A midfield of him, Matic and Cesc sounds good but that would mean Oscar won't get a regular starting place. That said, Chelsea could do with a bit of depth in midfield.

City could be a realistic destination. Toure could be off and the rest of their central midfielders are pretty shit anyway. Plus, surely they'll make at least one massive marquee signing after this disastrous season.

• Paid Members

I don't think we could/would buy Pogba. We'd need to sell a few players to do it and our squad's already a bit too thin. Him and Varane* would be my dream signings, though. You just know he's going to spend the next decade+ dominating midfields. He's probably Real-bound, but I get the feeling Man United might be willing to try and blow them out of the water.

* He could be gettable.

• Paid Members

Two years ago I would have been so excited about Gundogan coming to United, but now I'm just worried he'll turn into another Hargreaves.. Great player but injury problems ultimately ruined the career.

• Paid Members

I'm reasonably confident that the mighty Spurs will go in for Schneiderlin again, but if he leaves, he'll realize he can do better than us. Although the big fun at Spurs will be who leaves. At least two of Lloris, Vertonghen and Eriksen, I'd say.

Still hoping for Huntelaar, obviously.

Gundogan's been shit every time I've seen him this season. If the Geis rumours are true, Dortmund will be replacing him with a much better player, for less money as well.

Whoever gets Pogba wins the summer.

Geis is a good prospect at 21 but 75% pass completion compared to Gundogan's 85% this season and like you say, Gundogan hasn't been playing well. He will be an ideal replacement for Carrick at Man Utd if the £20m price is true.

Geis at Dortmund under Klopp wouldn't fit in well because they like to pass the ball around and work it from the back. The new coach, Tuchel wants Geis like at Mainz because they give him the ball, he lofts it forward and splits the defense open for the striker to run onto.

• Paid Members

Has Sneijder to Utd been mooted yet?

The Metro have been running it this week, what a lazy bunch of shitarses.

Clyne also heavily linked with United, it wouldn't surprise me if him along with Gundogan and Depay is the only business they'll do this summer, oh and probably a centre back too. Y'know, a good one.

Clyne makes a lot of sense, Rafael should not be a first choice RB for one of the biggest teams in Europe. At one point he showed promise but I don't think he'll be as good as he needs to be at United. Clyne is instantly a very good upgrade.

Archived