Wrestling quilt covers

King Pitcos

I was just wondering who was on the wrestling quilt covers between Austin and Cena, and googling them has brought back some nostalgia and surprises. Turns out a lot of wrestling quilt covers are just odd. Undertaker and Triple H just look wrong on it. Middle-aged long-haired men doing angry faces.

Unless you're some kind of Steven Moffat, this was the bedroom you wanted as a child:

BoH0NOEIAAAHAeg.jpg

The one out of the WWF catalogue. Lovely artwork of favourites. Did they ever do a bed spread of the pictures that were on placemats/pencil cases/folders here in 1992, of Bulldog and Undertaker and co on that black and blue background? This style:

pencilcase.jpg

Now, they just stick a couple of photos on, like John Cena and Randy Orton standing in front of Triple H who is floating around like Slimer.

9a6ff4dec13118c1ad927a4f40cf13b2.jpg

I never had a wrestling quilt cover, so I reckon that subconsciously I'm looking for one now and I'm hoping someone posts one that is both appealing and available. In writing that sentence, I've made peace with it and I'd be tempted to buy one, but they're so rubbish. They've got The Miz on the current one!

51IHH9GYdcL.jpg

Tesco and Smyths are selling that now, and the photos on it are from 2013 I think. Even then, what would possess them to include Miz as one of your four on the cover?  Even if they had to hastily fill a spot because of a falling out with The Rock or CM Punk, there are so many names you'd expect to be higher on the list than Miz.

This one has to be the worst though. If you ever wonder why the brand split ended, look at what Smackdown's quilt cover was by the end of it:

51yFWHiWLoL._SY300_.jpg

Well, another Friday night lost.

• Paid Members

Haha. I saw your post in the other thread and actually spent a few minutes on Google image search trying to find an answer for you! I was hoping I'd find a really sinister Chris Benoit one or something.

Modern ones with almost life-size topless hunks plastered all over them just seem a bit too fucking weird for little boys to be snuggling up in. Stick to cartoons!

I was wondering if there was a Benoit one too. It's conceivable that if there was one designed in summer 2004, it'd be Chris Benoit, Triple H, Kane and Eugene.

It's a mad thing about wrestling in 1998-2007. The same TV show that was doing storylines about rape, bullying the learning-disabled, and Islamic terrorist attacks was also the basis for kid's bedcovers.

I saw that Edge one earlier and thought it must be a bootleg. I love Edge, but I can't imagine why they'd ever have thought he'd be the one to put on a quilt cover by himself. Then I remembered they make stools with drawings of Wade Barrett on and charge $100 for them, so why even question it.

1a0c3e71-1ea8-4a40-96d2-0f3e61faacc7_400

I had the quilt, pillow cases and wallpaper in the early 90s. Saw an old pic recently and the the room looked so dark as the wallpaper was a royal blue background, maybe darker than the quilt. Loved it at the time obviously!

I had the one in the first pic, along with a Power Rangers one! I actually saw the WWF one in a Stephen Tomkinson and Nick Berry drama from about 2000, which was repeated a few months back. Sadly it was on a bed that peadophiles were using to abuse children. Sort of tainted the memories for me.

• Paid Members

There's an Edge one. A cartoon one. Which to me, if the image isn't a drawing of a wrestler its weird as fuck. Kids shouldnt be wrapping themselves up in a image of a balding Shawn Michaels with his hairy chest out.

item_XL_4599971_1150084.jpg

I love that that is clearly the bedroom of a middle aged spinster. It's like Arkwright finally getting the green night to get into Gladys Emannuelle's knickers only to find she's got a Magic Roundabout duvet cover.

• Paid Members

I had one with (I think) Jericho, HHH, RVD, and Road Dogg on.  Each wrestler had a picture of them and their logo, but I'm pretty sure for Road Dogg it was a picture of RVD headlocking him and you couldn't see his face (this also served as the RVD picture).  They just stuck the Road Dogg logo next to his torso.  My mum probably got me it from Argos in about 2002.

Also I had the original covers from King Pictos' post (bought in a charity shop in about 1997) and the LOD pencil case

I had one with (I think) Jericho, HHH, RVD, and Road Dogg on.  Each wrestler had a picture of them and their logo, but I'm pretty sure for Road Dogg it was a picture of RVD headlocking him and you couldn't see his face (this also served as the RVD picture).  They just stuck the Road Dogg logo next to his torso.  My mum probably got me it from Argos in about 2002.

Also I had the original covers from King Pictos' post (bought in a charity shop in about 1997) and the LOD pencil case

I got mine from a charity shop as well! Charity shops were also a goldmine for Hasbro's.

It wasn't RVD headlocking Road Dogg, but I do vaguely remember the one you're on about. I think it was Chyna or The Rock.

Archived