True Detective - Season 2 Thread *SPOILERS WITHIN*

WyattSheepMask

First Teaser -

So, with HBO's True Dective due to return shortly (June 21st) and after what was an absolute blinder of a first series, what are you hoping for from the second.

After seemingly every name in Hollywood being connected to the second series, I'm apprehensive of the casting of Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. I cannt bring myself to usually watching anything with either of them in it, let alone both of them. Having said that, I'm willing to give it a shot as I'm hoping that they'll suprise me

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Colin Farrell seems a perfect fit for this kind of show, Vince Vaughan definitely raised some eyebrows but I think he could surprise everyone. I get the feeling there's much more to him than the Frat Pack comedies. I don't think it will be as good as the last series, purely because McConnaughey was in the form of his life. It will still be bloody good.

I still think the name of the show is shit, though.

• Paid Members

I fear for season two. 

That trailer doesn't do much for me. Looks proper hammy. Big fan of Kitsch & McAdams though so fingers crossed. Read Nic Pizzolatto novel other month and thought it was poor so hopefully his not a 1 hit wonder. 

I'm actually more excited for this season than I was last, I loved the first season and it was spectacular throughout but it was a bit too intense. After every episode I felt like my mind was beaten shitless and I just wanted to hug somebody.

With this hopefully they will be playing to the strengths of Farrell & Vaughn. Farrell is perfect for this role, he is born to play a good looking cop who gets caught up in the underworld, probably because he was too good looking. Vince Vaughn would only be believable to me as a somewhat unhinged bad guy who does a maniacal laugh whilst cuddling a puppy.

Rachel McAdams is a goddess and would be great playing any role, I buy her as the worn down cop who struggles to keep her crew in check. Plus Riggins is just fun to see on screen.

This season has to be completely different, I can't wait to see what happens. For the most part I have faith in HBO and the people running it, even if it's not as good as the first it will still be pretty great.

• Paid Members

The shame of it is that if it does not hit all the marks that the first one did, it will be slated, whereas if it was a show with a different name, it would be judged on its own merits. Looking forward to it though.

Just looks like another cop drama to me going by that trailer. Half the charm of the first season was the setting, poxy LA can't come close to matching rural Louisiana.

Don't trust Farrell's accent to not be shite either.

• Paid Members

The show is set in California but I remember reading somewhere that it's not set in LA.

I'm excited but pessimistic at the same time. It's obviously not going to reach the heights of the first season and it'll be really hard to not to constantly compare the two. However it might still be good fun. That trailer doesn't do much for me though. Just clips of people standing around looking at stuff. Put some fucking effort in!

This has been confirmed for 22nd June on Sky Atlantic. So the same just under 24 hour gap between US and UK broadcast as Game of thrones (up to now) and The walking dead have had,  which is great as I remember the season 1 gap being a few weeks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived