Jump to content

New Football Kits


scratchdj
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I was wearing adult shirts from about 9.  Chunky4lyf.

Me too JB, me too.

My first real kit (i.e. not a market knock off with no badge, sponsor or anything) was the legendary egg & cress Norwich kit, at Christmas 1992, Ekoku 7 on the back. I was 10. It's an adult XL.

Still got it. Still wear it. Bit big for me now actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I always though those kits didn't have the sponsor on the kids shirts due to them being sponsored by booze.  Most people I knew bought small adult and upwards to look more legit.  It wasn't much of a problem for me as I was wearing adult shirts from about 9.  Chunky4lyf.

IIRC they were put on sale with Holsten on them for kids and then parents kicked up a shit storm and they were pulled. Might have got my shirts wrong, might not have been the yellow. I'll consult SuperBacon Sr and see what the old man says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Tottenham got outclassed in the 87 Cup final, half their shirts had the sponsor on and half didn’t. Not sure how that happened but the important thing is they lost 3-2 to Coventry City. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

When Tottenham got outclassed in the 87 Cup final, half their shirts had the sponsor on and half didn’t. Not sure how that happened but the important thing is they lost 3-2 to Coventry City. 

Something to do with some that had been sent for a Youth tournament, and the kitman selecting them out of a box by number.

Led to this though.

spacer.png

Waheeeeeey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

IIRC they were put on sale with Holsten on them for kids and then parents kicked up a shit storm and they were pulled. Might have got my shirts wrong, might not have been the yellow. I'll consult SuperBacon Sr and see what the old man says.

I had that yellow Umbro one, with the grey pattern thing on the shoulder, and that didn't have the Holston sponsor on it. I was gutted and remember thinking it was a knock off, but my mother said she had got it direct from Spurs through their mail order thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I had that yellow Umbro one, with the grey pattern thing on the shoulder, and that didn't have the Holston sponsor on it. I was gutted and remember thinking it was a knock off, but my mother said she had got it direct from Spurs through their mail order thing. 

*little you eyeing the neck tag and seeing it doesn't say Umbro*

"And just what the fuck is "Repli-Kit"!!!!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

*little you eyeing the neck tag and seeing it doesn't say Umbro*

"And just what the fuck is "Repli-Kit"!!!!"

That was almost word for word my reaction to getting my Barnsley market special fake England '90 kit that didn't even have a crest on it! 

I still get flash backs to the piss taking I was subjected to at school when I wore it for PE, when we all realised the 3 lions badge my Nanan had sewn on was not only so poor quality it looked like 3 arthritic dinosaurs, but she's also sewn in on the wrong side...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best bargain I've managed to get in ages. Tenner all in and I can just (just mind) squeeze into it.

It'll have to wait until it gets colder to wear though as its cotton and like a fucking school Rugby shirt. Love it though.

spacer.png

Also just stumbled upon these guys who seem to be importing the lesser known US teams and for fair prices too. They have that great Maryland Bobcats shirt, so if you like the weirder side of US shirts, probably one to keep an eye on. https://www.openupsoccer.com/

Finally, it wont let me link but if anyone is as sad as I am, I recently joined a Facebook group which has a fantastic bunch of guys and girls who are more expert than I, and will tell you if the shirt you have or are after is legit. Really nice group and very helpful.

Football Shirt Authenticity Check Group is the name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
12 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Our Philadelphia Eagles inspired away strip. 

 

Love the colour but really not feeling the laces and collar. 

218949840_158281429730642_8913503523892590584_n.jpg

221854846_892047771519355_7154926966335684409_n.jpg

221747887_294169739132897_4962468831090344522_n.jpg

Such a shame about the lace up collar, as that's a nice looking kit otherwise...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That looks superb @scratchdj!!!

Something special was delivered today. Now, I love shirts and like collecting them but I'm not massively arsed about value or authenticity, and will happily buy a knock off or replica as I like to wear them whilst playing football, so I don't really own any 'expensive' shirts.

Each to their own, but the sole reason I collect them is so I have something different to everyone else when playing. 

In 1994, with no England in the World Cup, we all went down to the Treaty Centre in Hounslow to Allsports (MEMBER ALLSPORTS!!!) and chose different shirts. Stephen Pretty went with the white Sweden (lovely), Billy Sylvester went with blue Brazil (lovely) and my sister went with orange Holland (was alright).

For Matthaus and Klinsmann loving me though, there was only ever one choice. And moving 30 times since has meant that it was lost to the ethers of time (was small mens as well, would've still fit)

So to see an original turn up today has made me a bit giddy. It's in mint condition, fits like a dream and I can't wait to wear it tonight and channel my inner Jurgen. WUNDERBAR!!!

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, SuperBacon said:

That looks superb @scratchdj!!!

Something special was delivered today. Now, I love shirts and like collecting them but I'm not massively arsed about value or authenticity, and will happily buy a knock off or replica as I like to wear them whilst playing football, so I don't really own any 'expensive' shirts.

Each to their own, but the sole reason I collect them is so I have something different to everyone else when playing. 

In 1994, with no England in the World Cup, we all went down to the Treaty Centre in Hounslow to Allsports (MEMBER ALLSPORTS!!!) and chose different shirts. Stephen Pretty went with the white Sweden (lovely), Billy Sylvester went with blue Brazil (lovely) and my sister went with orange Holland (was alright).

For Matthaus and Klinsmann loving me though, there was only ever one choice. And moving 30 times since has meant that it was lost to the ethers of time (was small mens as well, would've still fit)

So to see an original turn up today has made me a bit giddy. It's in mint condition, fits like a dream and I can't wait to wear it tonight and channel my inner Jurgen. WUNDERBAR!!!

spacer.png

That's a thing of beauty, always wanted to own one myself, but the prices have always put me off, would still love to own one in the future though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

That's a thing of beauty, always wanted to own one myself, but the prices have always put me off, would still love to own one in the future though.

Didn't cost a lot to be honest. Was lucky that another collector I follow bought it and it was too small for him and he couldn't be arsed to send it back so I took it off him for what he paid. Otherwise yeah, I wouldn't have paid what they usually go for.

Played in it last night and my god that collar was sweaty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...