New Football Kits

scratchdj

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Quick double post, don't care, well worth it.

Evens on BCFC's season being downhill from here.

5 hours ago, David said:

Or at least dump them from retail shirts.

I mean, I can understand why Emirates or whoever sees some benefit to a successful football team wearing their company on their chest, but why the fuck do I have to advertise their brand while I'm sauntering round Tesco on a Tuesday?

It should always be optional (the sponsor, not Tesco on a Tuesday)

Celtic have been doing sponsorless form years, it used to cost an extra fiver but same price now. However you have to buy direct from the club. Though this season 3rd and keepers don't have the option but all training gear has no sponsor. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

This thread always reminds me of the outrage in the mid 90's when Man Utd decided to start changing their kits every season, whereas they used to last at least two seasons.

I remember Spurs having this doozy as either an away or third shirt for donkey's years.

s-l500.jpg

Edited by garynysmon

5 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

This thread always reminds me of the outrage in the mid 90's when Man Utd decided to start changing their kits every season, whereas they used to last at least two seasons.

I remember Spurs having this doozy as either an away or third shirt for donkey's years.

s-l500.jpg

Probably my second favourite Spurs shirt of all time (behind that sky blue one with the massive SPURS across it)

The "bird shit" kit was our away shirt for 4 years. Unthinkable now. 

I've mentioned it before but I had this shirt as a child with Holsten on it, before they pulled that from the market and only sold sponsorless versions. Wish I still had it.

There is an incredibly rare version of this with a SEGA sponsor, but yeah I'd love an original of this shirt with Holsten.

I've lost around 20 eBay auctions but cannot justify the prices they go for at the moment.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've mentioned it before but I had this shirt as a child with Holsten on it, before they pulled that from the market and only sold sponsorless versions. Wish I still had it.

I had the home version, absolutely adored it. Which is more than I can say about the embarassment of having to wear a PONY shirt for a couple of years following while everyone else at primary school had their myriad of Umbro Man Utd kits.

Edited by garynysmon

19 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I had the home version, absolutely adored it. Which is more than I can say about the embarassment of having to wear a PONY shirt for a couple of years following while everyone else at primary school had their myriad of Umbro Man Utd kits.

Every single one of those Pony kits are fantastic, but yeah at the time they weren't the best to wear.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I've mentioned it before but I had this shirt as a child with Holsten on it, before they pulled that from the market and only sold sponsorless versions.

I always though those kits didn't have the sponsor on the kids shirts due to them being sponsored by booze.  Most people I knew bought small adult and upwards to look more legit.  It wasn't much of a problem for me as I was wearing adult shirts from about 9.  Chunky4lyf.