New Football Kits

scratchdj

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Knowing how scarce it was, it wouldn't surprise me if they had 50 at most.

I don't see Adidas ever getting the England contract. 

Me neither to be fair, although I could see them doing a very good job with it. Suppose the England contract is such a money spinner that Nike would fight tooth and nail to keep it...

• Paid Members

Given how easily available decent fakes are (and how cheap they are), I'm suprised the replica shirt market is still seen as lucrative as it once way before places like DHGate existed.

When Liverpool announced their new kit, I considered buying a shirt from their online shop but then saw it was £70. £70!!

How many people are buying shirts at that sort of money to make the millions back that the manufacturers are buying the contract for?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Given how easily available decent fakes are (and how cheap they are), I'm suprised the replica shirt market is still seen as lucrative as it once way before places like DHGate existed.

When Liverpool announced their new kit, I considered buying a shirt from their online shop but then saw it was £70. £70!!

How many people are buying shirts at that sort of money to make the millions back that the manufacturers are buying the contract for?

It's like movie piracy. Those who know where to acquire pirated movies think that the information/will to pirate is more prevalent than it actually is. 

I know people who would rather pay£60-£70 for an authentic football shirt than risk going on some "dodgy foreign scam site"(their exact words) to get ripped off. There is also the "cool" factor with kids, especially. My kids wouldn't wear a DHGate copy if they knew it was not the real deal in case their mates found out and took the piss. I can understand that too, as I was dirt poor growing up, and had to make do with a fake England Italia '90 shirt that we had to sew the badge onto. I got bullied mercilessly for that.

Then you have those who buy the shirts to financially support the clubs. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

It's like movie piracy. Those who know where to acquire pirated movies think that the information/will to pirate is more prevalent than it actually is. 

I know people who would rather pay£60-£70 for an authentic football shirt than risk going on some "dodgy foreign scam site"(their exact words) to get ripped off. There is also the "cool" factor with kids, especially. My kids wouldn't wear a DHGate copy if they knew it was not the real deal in case their mates found out and took the piss. I can understand that too, as I was dirt poor growing up, and had to make do with a fake England Italia '90 shirt that we had to sew the badge onto. I got bullied mercilessly for that.

Then you have those who buy the shirts to financially support the clubs. 

I get the whole school palyground thing, as I had an absolute stinker of a fake kit in 1990 that even as a ten-year-old I knew was poor. But the fakes now look almost indistguishable from the originals. In fact, more than half of the shirts I've got from there appear identical to the real deal when we've compared at Monday Night Football.

Either way, £70 for a cheaply made football shirt is increadbily dear.

• Paid Members

I've just made an order for some England retro kits from DHGate(namely, '90 home, '92 3'rd and '96 home), and noticed that most of the sellers are selling an all black England shirt in the style of the '90's kits, but with black badge/Umbro Logo. Was that an actual kit I have somehow totally lost all memory of?

8 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I've just made an order for some England retro kits from DHGate(namely, '90 home, '92 3'rd and '96 home), and noticed that most of the sellers are selling an all black England shirt in the style of the '90's kits, but with black badge/Umbro Logo. Was that an actual kit I have somehow totally lost all memory of?

It was released recently by Score Draw. Very smart.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I went Italy 90 blue and Grey 96 (as I had that as a kid). Mine should be shipped this weekend according to the message I just got. My First DH Order.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It was released recently by Score Draw. Very smart.

I think I may add it to my order. I thought I was going mad though as couldn't remember a black kit from that time.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I went Italy 90 blue and Grey 96 (as I had that as a kid). Mine should be shipped this weekend according to the message I just got. My First DH Order.

I had to get the '90 home. I had an official Umbro one with 19 on the back and "Italia 90" embroidery under the badge that I loved, until my now ex decided to cut it up in front of me for fetching her the wrong shampoo from the supermarket. I was gutted!

Then I always wanted the '92 third kit as a 10 year old, but we were dirt poor so never got it. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Mine should be shipped this weekend according to the message

My new Arsenal top arrived today. Shipped from Guangzou 29th May, so you won't have that long to go now. Couple of weeks. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The light blue one with the big lions across the shirt?

Absolute belter.

Yep, that's the one! 

I'll feel like a kid when I get it!