New Football Kits

scratchdj

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What you reckon to this one then @Scott Malbranque ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a fan of the red on it, to be honest. I mean, I've gotten stick on nights out in Liverpool before from my blue mates for wearing an Oxblood/Burgundy leather jacket. And not just because I'm actually wearing a burgundy leather jacket in public, but because it's in that family of red.

But sure, it's a grand jersey to be wearing if you're looking to invade a country and all. 

5 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It’s not red, it looks it but the close ups show it’s more orange. It’s inspired by the Black Watch kit from 1891

If you're interested, its here in long sleeve (sexy) for £52 with the code BALLER 

https://www.kitbag.com/en/premier-league/everton/everton-away-shirt-2021-22-long-sleeve/o-54536039+t-64211298+p-907510771+z-8-1455664673?_ref=p-SFLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3

Not sure it'll be much 'cheaper' than that elsewhere. #NotAnAd

More Hummel goodness here. I love this sort of design/marketing bollocks, and with that sponsor, I'm hoping it'll be available over here quite easily soon. Lovely.

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

If you're interested, its here in long sleeve (sexy) for £52 with the code BALLER 

https://www.kitbag.com/en/premier-league/everton/everton-away-shirt-2021-22-long-sleeve/o-54536039+t-64211298+p-907510771+z-8-1455664673?_ref=p-SFLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3

Not sure it'll be much 'cheaper' than that elsewhere. #NotAnAd

More Hummel goodness here. I love this sort of design/marketing bollocks, and with that sponsor, I'm hoping it'll be available over here quite easily soon. Lovely.

Appreciated but I’ve already pre ordered it from the club, comes out 4th June

• Paid Members

So Wolves have announced the deal with Castore, and it's an interesting one.

Castore will make the premium 'on the pitch' stuff, but the club shop stuff will be manufactured by Wolves themselves (Chinese sweatshops ten a penny for a Chinese conglomerate *sigh*).

Apparently this is the first deal of it's type for an English club.

3 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Castore will make the premium 'on the pitch' stuff, but the club shop stuff will be manufactured by Wolves themselves (Chinese sweatshops ten a penny for a Chinese conglomerate *sigh*).

'The bad news is Nuno will be leaving at the end of the season and some of you will be transferred. I know, gutting.

On a more positive note...'

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'll be absolutely honest, I don't know the ins and outs of Adidas and Nike factories, but this isn't a million miles from the production of the 'vapor knit'/match shirts the players wear and the 'stadium' versions the fans typically buy is it?

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll be absolutely honest, I don't know the ins and outs of Adidas and Nike factories, but this isn't a million miles from the production of the 'vapor knit'/match shirts the players wear and the 'stadium' versions the fans typically buy is it?

I think the big difference is that Castore heavily advertise their stuff is made in Europe and not Asian factories/sweat shops. They charge £75 for a a t-shirt, so they don't really have a production line for these kits. So they obviously want to separate their product from cheap football shirts. The player issue Adidas and Nike still are. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The main fundamental change with the deal is that the Club are the ones actively manufacturing the replica shirts now meaning they can keep the prices low for fans, they don't have to rely on Adidas or Nike for stock which was an issue for Wolves since joining with Adidas and the overall money made per shirt for the club is going to be higher.

As an example, Adidas do their pro quality stuff for extortionate prices, but then their training hear stuff is absolutely awful. We had the indignity of ironed on plastic badges for a few years, and the club couldn't do anything about it.

As a smaller club, the big brands don't give a fuck and just churn out shit. This deal with Castore, means we get a premium product for the professional side of things, and the lower end is controlled by the club themselves so they drive the quality up, yet due to no contractual obligations keep the price reasonable.

Already the design side of things is more favourable too, already confirmed Wolves are going to be playing on Old Gold next year rather than a concoction of something orange, amber or yellow.

• Paid Members

Unless I’m missing something, what’s in the Wolves deal for Castore (other than advertising)? If they won’t see a penny of anything sold to the fans, that seems like bad business to me.