Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How can anyone not love the hummel nod to Schmeichel Euro 92 with this top?

Bit Sainsbury's checkout. 

Posted Images

On 7/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, SuperBacon said:

I got this monstrosity beauty today as I'd been after one for ages and it only cost a tenner. Accra Hearts Of Oak, a Ghanaian team. Hipsters unite!

s-l500.jpg

 

I have probably only ever bought two football strips in my life, both when I was under 16 and to play 5 aside in.

I am very tempted to pick this up though and wear it as normal clothing. Do people do that? Will I be spat on and called a hipster? Will it work with a combo of skinny jeans and trainers? 

Should I just take stock and decide I would never actually wear it out the house (I would). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I have probably only ever bought two football strips in my life, both when I was under 16 and to play 5 aside in.

I am very tempted to pick this up though and wear it as normal clothing. Do people do that? Will I be spat on and called a hipster? Will it work with a combo of skinny jeans and trainers? 

Should I just take stock and decide I would never actually wear it out the house (I would). 

First bolded bit: yes.

Second bolded bit: Also yes. 

The market for football shirts is massive at the moment, and the most popular it's ever been.

I only wear mine to play football, and occasionally tennis in (got to let these middle class Surrey people know I'm still FACKING FOOTBALL), but I don't see any harm in wearing a shirt out. Remember, it's always better than a wrestling t-shirt.

If you really want an Accra shirt, you can currently pick up one on Classic Football Shirts for a score, https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2017-18-accra-hearts-of-oak-home-shirt-bnib.html and if you add KITSMAN10 at checkout, you'll get 10% off :)

Edit: Actually @Joe Blog, as a hipster, you might find something you fancy even more here: https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/specials/cfs-hall-of-shame.html

Absolutely none of them should be in the Hall of Shame though.

Edited by SuperBacon
kits
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
On 7/24/2020 at 11:09 AM, SuperBacon said:

@PunkStep It was you that was asking about houndstooth pattern shirts wasn't it? All your prayers have been answered.

Edrqp00-Xs-AYu-XKL.jpg
 

 

tav.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

www.kitbadges.co.uk

May be of interest to some of you. Only a Celtic kit and Madureira Esporte Che Guevara kit pins released so far but some more belters planned including Cameroon, Colo Colo and Mexico WC 94.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boro have unveiled their new kit and it is nice that they have got one of the cleaners involved in the launch:

Other than the hideous sponsor I like it. The collar is a nice throw back to the opening season at the Riverside Stadium. I am keen to see the full shirt with the Hummel chevrons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
6 hours ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Boro have unveiled their new kit and it is nice that they have got one of the cleaners involved in the launch:

Other than the hideous sponsor I like it. The collar is a nice throw back to the opening season at the Riverside Stadium. I am keen to see the full shirt with the Hummel chevrons.

I don't think the sponsor looks too bad to be honest. Hummel have made a cracking go of all their kits this season. I'd love them to get Barnsley's contract...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

I'd also love Hummel to take over from Adidas at Wolves. They just seem to care that the shirts are decent and look smart compared to Adidas who are just interested in their Elite teams.

Anyone know what the standard of Hummel replica shirts are actually like, do they stand up to moderate usage unlike the Adidas shite we've had recently?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Anyone know what the standard of Hummel replica shirts are actually like, do they stand up to moderate usage unlike the Adidas shite we've had recently?

I have to say, I have Adidas shirts that are coming up to 20 years of age and they're still in fantastic nick (and I've worn those particular shirts a LOT). I don't know what the quality of the newer shirts are like, but my early 2000s ones are apocalypse-proof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

I have to say, I have Adidas shirts that are coming up to 20 years of age and they're still in fantastic nick (and I've worn those particular shirts a LOT). I don't know what the quality of the newer shirts are like, but my early 2000s ones are apocalypse-proof.

I've got kits that old too, fantastic quality from a number of manufacturers. But my eldest has had three Adidas strips over the last two years, and they just haven't stood up to the scrutiny an 8 year old gives them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...