30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Fucking hell, what fans are buying shirts with those horrendous Chinese gambling ads on them? Is that three Prem teams with that same one now? 

My guess is "Fans".  You know, the sort who buy one because of the badge on the shirt, not the sponsor.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it doesn’t get damaged. 

Don't know if I'd get away with walking around Dublin wearing an orange sash, to be honest...

Posted Images

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

My guess is "Fans".  You know, the sort who buy one because of the badge on the shirt, not the sponsor.

Of course there are those types out there, but if all fans were that way inclined we wouldn't have this thread to discuss the designs.

• Paid Members

To be fair to them, those Southampton ones aren't too bad - the first one's black sponsor logo doesn't seem obtrusive, and the other one being in gold makes it look a bit "ceremonial" like an ambassador's sash. Sure, it's not a look you'd choose for a football strip, but at least it's a combination that works to some degree and doesn't jar like some of the past examples we've seen. 

EDIT: Upon seeing the second one, the first thing that popped into my head was "Monsieur! Wiz zeez Rocher you are really spoiling us!" 

Edited by Carbomb
4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course there are those types out there, but if all fans were that way inclined we wouldn't have this thread to discuss the designs.

Nads. We use this thread to swipe at other fans by using their teams kits to carry on tired cliches. But then I’m not surprised glory hunters wouldn’t understand proper football. 

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nads. We use this thread to swipe at other fans by using their teams kits to carry on tired cliches. But then I’m not surprised glory hunters wouldn’t understand proper football. 

And some of us just like showing off the Cameroon shirts we've bought. Look at this sexy fucker that came yesterday.

IMG-20200724-125220.png

47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The whole of Ghana laughs at your pitiful purchase. Bet you’d kill for the all in one kit!

I've got a Ghana shirt coming (not the one I wanted) but it's a start on them.

The all in one was reduced a while back on CFS, and I'm kicking myself I never got it. (I'm too scared to see if it still is).

Edit: Just checked @Keith Houchen and they only have the white one for £38. Can't justify that on the away, I'll have to fiddle a few more charities before I'm able to afford it.

Edited by SuperBacon
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

@PunkStep It was you that was asking about houndstooth pattern shirts wasn't it? All your prayers have been answered.

Edrqp00-Xs-AYu-XKL.jpg

Let's talk about the font for Arsenal's new kit as well. When you need to score bottle a penalty at 3pm, but you're on the front line for the Visigoths in the evening.

Edm-Mklf-X0-AAUIdg.jpg

Christ, that pretentious as fuck! Different for different's sake...

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Arsenal font? I dunno I quite like the numbers. The lettering is awful though. 

Whoever approved this in the 90s must have pulled some favours recently to make their lettering the now second-crappest in the club’s history.

093F41C5-8F20-4847-B35E-D91315706EA0.thumb.jpeg.7365dc703208e8f304926e879a7b2081.jpeg

Used to have that top, when I collected them as a kid. Loved it and proudly wore it for PE until the bullies scraped off the ‘nal’ and I had to tuck it in so I wasn’t missing open goals with Arse written on my arse. 

Reminds me that I never got round to torching that school.